Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Hema Malini's daughter Ahana to direct

canada87 IF-Rockerz
canada87
canada87

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol to direct film

Ahana Deol (left) with Esha (right) and mother Hema Malini during a stage show
Ever since Esha Deol acted in her first film, speculation has been rife about sister Ahana's big Bollywood debut. Now, Dharam and Hema's younger daughter is ready. Only, she won't be facing the camera.

Papa Dharam is said to be very happy about his younger daughter's decision to direct, rather than act in a film.

'Be the best'

Admits mama Hema, "She wants to be behind the camera, which is fine by me. She should be where she's comfortable. Whatever she does, I want her to be the best. The world has become so competitive.

That's true especially of the film industry, where you are either a success or a failure — nothing in between. I feel Ahana won't be able to cope with the film industry. I don't want her to go through what Esha is going through. Every release of Esha's is a matter of life and death."

Ahana is reclusive and doesn't attend filmi parties. One of the few times she faced the camera was for the chat show Rendezvous with Simi Garewal, on which she appeared with her mother and sister a few years ago. Recently, she also featured in commercial for a water purifier brand with mom Hema
Meanwhile, Ahana has been dancing with Hema on her stage shows.

"She's happy doing all that. But what she wants to do is direct a film. She has a script already, and is looking for a dialogue writer.

Without assisting anyone, she wants to go to the top of the mountain without climbing step-by-step. I know she'll find her level in life. But children today face so much stress, especially in the film industry. We had it so much easier."

Speaking on how tough life is for star children, the protective mother says, "It's difficult for daughters to equal their parents' success. I don't see the same stress for children in other professions.

They're happy just being what they want to be. If I were an interior designer, my daughters wouldn't have to go through this ordeal. Kids in other professions do anything — join their fathers' businesses, study architecture, whatever.

My daughters don't have it that easy. Esha is still not comfortable doing some of the things she has to. The clothes are so painfully minimal!"

Dharam thrilled

Perhaps that is the reason why Dharam paaji is thrilled with his younger baby's decision? "Ahana is the shy one in the family. The problem is, all of us — her father, mother, sister and her two bothers — are doing high-profile work. Her nature is such that she can't be pushed to do anything. She is the baby of the family, yeah. But baby needs to grow up."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top