Interview :Kareena keeps me going:Shahidf

canada87 IF-Rockerz
canada87
canada87

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:18am | IP Logged

Interview : 'Kareena keeps me going' : Shahid

Actor Shahid Kapoor is going steady, be it in his personal life or his career,

Excerpts from the interview:

You have big banners queuing up to sign you. Are you happy with the way your career's shaping up?

Absolutely. I am quite exited with the offers coming my way. I think that means that I am being taken seriously as an actor (laughs). I don't want to count the number of films I do; the numbers are not important, but the quality of work is. I'm young and in no hurry to complete my 100th film. So, I'm quite happy, but not satisfied. I'm very greedy when it comes to good work. I just want to be irreplaceable in the industry.

But do you want to work with big banners only?

The script is still my first priority. But, to a great extent, the banner is important for me at this point in my career. At least for a couple of years, I want to work with established filmmakers. I need to first reach a level where I can take risks.

You have a mixed bag of films this year?

Yes, and I'm very excited about all of them. Right from Priyadarshan's comedy "Chup Chup Ke" to Abbas Mustan's thriller "36, China Town" to Satish Kaushik's romantic "Milenge Milenge" to Sooraj Barjatya's "Vivah". I want to explore all genres as an actor and I'm doing just that.

Do you feel that filmmakers are trying to cash in on your real-life romance with Kareena Kapoor?

No producers would ever place their money on actor who are not viable in the market. We have been cast for our acting first. That we are seeing each other may be an added benefit.

Your previous film with Kareena didn't click with the audiences...

In "Fida", people were expecting us to be romantically paired and the tale had a different twist, which people were not expecting and were disappointed thus. But, my forthcoming films with her including "36, China Town" and "Chup Chup Ke" will see us romancing each other. So, hopefully the chemistry will work this time.

You are paired opposite Amrita Rao again in "Vivah". Is Kareena comfortable with the on-screen chemistry the two of you share?

Why wouldn't she be? She's been long enough in the film industry to understand how it works. What we do on-screen is our profession and she takes it like a professional. In fact, she and Amrita share a good rapport together.

How's Kareena as a co-star?

She's so good with her work that I've got to be on toes constantly to keep up with her performances. She's a delight to work with.

Being in the same industry, are there too many pressures to cope with?

Well, stress comes with all jobs. But, since we are doing so many films together, it gives us enough time to spend with each other. That way our relationship doesn't suffer. And even though we both are absolute professionals on the sets, just having her there with me keeps me going.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top