Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

When Shilpa Shetty left a film.....

canada87 IF-Rockerz
canada87
canada87

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:13am | IP Logged

When Shilpa Shetty left a film because of John Abraham

Shilpa shettyRecently, Shilpa Shetty left a film because of the dashing John Abraham.

No, before you start thinking of any controversies or cold vibes between Shilpa and John, allow us to tell you that Shilpa left the film only because John himself left it.

Shilpa was to star in debutant director Reema Kagti's film 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.', but staged her walkout, after John opted out of the same film citing date problems.

Another model-turned-actor Arjun Rampal was approached to do John's role and consented.

But Shilpa blatantly exclaimed, "I agreed to be part of this film because initially John was cast opposite me. I think he didn't have dates and opted out. I was keen on working with John because we would have made a unique couple. But when I heard that John was not part of the film, I lost interest."

Shilpa claimed that although she has opted out of the film, she has been thoroughly professional about it. She has made it explicitly clear to the producers of the film, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidwani that she will not be able to do the film.

However, Shilpa maintained that the parting between her and director Reema has been amicable. She also said that the script of the film is good and that director, Reema, will definitely make a good film.

Reema said that she was definitely disappointed that Shilpa won't be doing the film, as she was the first choice for this role.

The director has now asked Dia Mirza to do the role and she has agreed. Reema has taken this minor setback in her stride and she is very happy with the cast and crew of the film.

On being quizzed about her reasons for not wanting to work with Arjun, Shilpa said, "I think Arjun is a good actor and will do a fantastic job. But I think my decision was the right one and I have no regrets."

Though Shilpa has given a predictable response, one wonders if she refused to work with Arjun due to his continuous flops ever since his debut.

Anyone would prefer John whose career is on a speedy high these days, especially Shilpa whose own career seems to be on a downward spiral these days.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top