India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

My REVIEW on today's episode.

Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
I just finished watching the show, it was a great show!  Lots of fun!

Karunya- Woh Lamhe
       When he started the first line, the "josh" was kind of missing.   Maybe he was nervous? But right after that, he started to go into triple digits pretty fast.  He had great emotions in his words.  Performance was great depending on the situation of the song! Sur was great!  However, he did lose it once, but it can be forgiven for he did an excellent job over all.  9.5/10

Karunya- Kambuqt Ishq.
       I was a little less impressed in this one.  If you heard the original one, you know how much power there was in it.  Karunya, however, sang it with probably about 75% of that power.  Maybe because Karunya's voice is a little on the "skinny" side, compared with Sukhwinder Singh's heavy dominant voice?  Maybe!  Performance could be a little more better. Then we go into the emotions, where he kind of lacked, because with the type of lyrics this song encompassed, he should have sang it with a little more feeling in the words.  There are so many words in this song that can be expressed with a certain type of emotion. 
Overall very niceee!   9/10

Sandeep- Dil De Diya Hai
       When he sang this song, I was convinced with a few things:  1) He is a little limited with his "alaaps".  2)  He kind of chokes on the high notes. 
He sang the mukhra great, just needed a little more emotions in his words.  On to the antaras, he did them nicely, in good sur, but the last lines in each phrase of the antara was kind of confusing.  This is because he sang them in a very "happy" emotion, which is not what the song is of. Performance was ok.  Overall, the mandatory emotional level was missing.  But good nonetheless!  8/10

Sandeep- Jene Ke Hain Chaar Din
       Overall the song was good, but could be better.  For some reason he was keep losing sur in the phrase "Jene Ke Hain Chaar Din".  However, he stayed in sur through out most of the song.  He had good emotion, could be a little better though, when comparing it to the original one.  If i remember correctly, his voice cracked in a place here or there.  I think it was happening when he was making a transition from the lower note to the higher one.  Overall a nice attempt!  8/10

Anuj-  Bheege Hont Tere.
       1) He didn't sing that freely.
        2)  He slipped in sur a little
        3)  He didn't put the required amount of emotions in it.
          Besides these 3 things, he did good!  I know it was a tough song, and i give him credit for choosing such a song in the first place.  Ok peformance.
Good, could be better though. 7/10

Anuj-  Ada

Oh man, did he say the word "Ada" in the most annoying way or what? Confused  He went kind of flat in the mukhra, but recovered in the antara.  I was suprised how well he sang in that high scale in the antara, very nice!  It is quite high i know!  His voice did crack a couple times though.  Then after a nice antara, he went back to the mukra saying "ada" in that annoying manner.  Performance was ok.  Overall a nice attempt 8/10.

Cheers for a great episode! Thumbs Up

Edited by Dancnballa23 - 20 March 2006 at 9:45pm

priyav IF-Dazzler
priyav
priyav

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
i agree..eventhough karu was a little weak he was still way better than sandeep & anuj
Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Yeah me too, let's see what happens tommorow!
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the review! Its nice to read everyone's different takes on the episode.
Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonyaee

Thanks for the review! Its nice to read everyone's different takes on the episode.

WelcomeEmbarrassed
Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
thanks but no hard feeling i felt that.. the amey episode gave you pain alot. thats why you have wrote abt anuj like that.. sorry to tell you this..
ok take care enjoy the music...lets hope for the best
Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

thanks but no hard feeling i felt that.. the amey episode gave you pain alot. thats why you have wrote abt anuj like that.. sorry to tell you this..
ok take care enjoy the music...lets hope for the best

He He ok no hard feelingsSmile
dia5 IF-Dazzler
dia5
dia5

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Thaks ut without Amey,it did't feel like a episode of Idia Idol(for me atleast)!

Go to top