meenagera

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
She was the best Star

saniya9919 IF-Dazzler
saniya9919
saniya9919

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 12:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by corvallisi

I have heard Nihira's rendition of songs,"Roz sham aati thee" from movie Imtehan and "Saathi Re " from movie Kotwal Saheb. These songs were sung by Lata and Aasha respectively. Both sang beautifully. But Nihira has done much better job of singing both of them. That is why I consider her to be the best. She can sing songs in 2 octaves without loosing notes. I doubt if Himani can even get out of lower octave (mandra saptak). Himani can sing songs suitable for "Kothi" scenes in film where the lady of the house sings in husky voice. Do not interprete this as I am calling Himani that. But for movie situation her voice is perfect for this kind of songs. Nihira voice is definitely well toned. Only advise I would like to give her is when she goes to 3rd octave, I feel a semblence of lost note. She should learn to truncate that high part. In Saathee re, I felt at one point she goes very high and looses a note. Aasha has skillfully truncated that portion.

Thanks for analysis.Clap

kaboo123 Goldie
kaboo123
kaboo123

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saniya9919

I have heard Nihira's rendition of songs,"Roz sham aati thee" from movie Imtehan and "Saathi Re " from movie Kotwal Saheb. These songs were sung by Lata and Aasha respectively. Both sang beautifully. But Nihira has done much better job of singing both of them. That is why I consider her to be the best. She can sing songs in 2 octaves without loosing notes. I doubt if Himani can even get out of lower octave (mandra saptak). Himani can sing songs suitable for "Kothi" scenes in film where the lady of the house sings in husky voice. Do not interprete this as I am calling Himani that. But for movie situation her voice is perfect for this kind of songs. Nihira voice is definitely well toned. Only advise I would like to give her is when she goes to 3rd octave, I feel a semblence of lost note. She should learn to truncate that high part. In Saathee re, I felt at one point she goes very high and looses a note. Aasha has skillfully truncated that portion.

Thanks for analysis.Clap

Nihira is undoubtedly the best talent amongst females. She has attempted some of the most difficult renditions of Lataji, Ashaji and Kavita K.

It's hard to say whether or not she sang better than the original. At this stage it is a bit premature to compare her with the likes of such legends particularly Lataji but kudos to her for attempting those renditions beautifully.

I agree with you on the fact that she must truncate the higher notes as it is difficult to come back from very high notes to low notes with perfect ease. This is where the likes of Ashaji and Lataji have mastered this art. Nihira is very gifted and she can enhance her talent by taking further training under such maestros of music.
*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 2:53am | IP Logged

I have heard Nihira's rendition of songs,"Roz sham aati thee" from movie Imtehan and "Saathi Re " from movie Kotwal Saheb. These songs were sung by Lata and Aasha respectively. Both sang beautifully. But Nihira has done much better job of singing both of them. That is why I consider her to be the best.

Nihira - Absolutely brilliant, no questions about that.. But somehow, do not agree to the fact that she has outperformed Lata'ji and Asha'ji in their songs Confused I mean, she still has a very long way to go for that... But yes, she is possibly the best female voice I have heard after Shreya Ghoshal...

*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 2:56am | IP Logged
BTW - who are these 8 people who have voted for 'NO'? Wink
saniya9919 IF-Dazzler
saniya9919
saniya9919

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayc1234

I have heard Nihira's rendition of songs,"Roz sham aati thee" from movie Imtehan and "Saathi Re " from movie Kotwal Saheb. These songs were sung by Lata and Aasha respectively. Both sang beautifully. But Nihira has done much better job of singing both of them. That is why I consider her to be the best.

Nihira - Absolutely brilliant, no questions about that.. But somehow, do not agree to the fact that she has outperformed Lata'ji and Asha'ji in their songs Confused I mean, she still has a very long way to go for that... But yes, she is possibly the best female voice I have heard after Shreya Ghoshal...

I agree.Let's pray she will get the songs to justify her talent.

In Lataji & Ashaji's period the music dirctors were also amazing.

Nihira is still a teen.I think she can sing any kind of song.

bluemangos Goldie
bluemangos
bluemangos

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:11am | IP Logged
She was better than the other contestants but the Indian public doesn't look at that, instead all tha matters to them is looks, popularity and the fact weather the song is new or not.
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jayc1234

BTW - who are these 8 people who have voted for 'NO'? Wink

Those 8 people are Censored. They just did that coz they were too possessive of their favorite.

Go to top