sarfarosh

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
no one can match hema.

baki sab faltoo hain.

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
I heard Karunya's.. i am not even going to comment on it.. because I think I am being very biased.. I wish he would stop singing Hemu's songs!!

But I would like to comment on Hemu's Woh Lamhe.. I thought it was one of his best performances.. no diction issues..he got the right mood of the song..the little dancing he did..it was a good performance.. and the alaap he took in the end.. How the hell does he hold his breath like that !!

Another addn.. I was listening to the original Tanhayee yesterday and I love Sonu Niam in tat song..coz its just too good.. and I felt Hemu's finishing was much much better than the original !!! I think I cant listen to original songs any more..
sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

I heard Karunya's.. i am not even going to comment on it.. because I think I am being very biased.. I wish he would stop singing Hemu's songs!!

But I would like to comment on Hemu's Woh Lamhe.. I thought it was one of his best performances.. no diction issues..he got the right mood of the song..the little dancing he did..it was a good performance.. and the alaap he took in the end.. How the hell does he hold his breath like that !!

Another addn.. I was listening to the original Tanhayee yesterday and I love Sonu Niam in tat song..coz its just too good.. and I felt Hemu's finishing was much much better than the original !!! I think I cant listen to original songs any more..

Very good observation Madhavir. I saw that too. Hema has the "Hariharan" touch which really hits the sweet point in ur heart. That little harkat he did towards the end was the icing on the cake.

Also Hema is way way versatile. Look at the range of singers he sang, all in his own voice, and still left his own imprint and all that at the tender age of 17. If he fulfils his undeniable talent, then we all are in for some sweet music.

sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by amukta

yes i remember abijeet and he was a fantastic singer in jatin lalits gharana and also earlier in srgmp shows he was a winner in popular round or something like that.He is no doubt a great singer !!!remeber in old srgmp series he won 7 rounds continuously and finally he himself opted out .

He opted himself out, what do you mean? I a a bit surprised. Did he have personal problems or what?

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Thanks Sarangee ji..

I dont think its the Hariharan touch.. because Hemu's voice is original...there is something about his singin..which touches u somewhere deep down..

And as for abhijit..after he won 10 episodes in a row, he opted out because he wanted to give other singers a chance..
amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarangee

Originally posted by amukta

yes i remember abijeet and he was a fantastic singer in jatin lalits gharana and also earlier in srgmp shows he was a winner in popular round or something like that.He is no doubt a great singer !!!remeber in old srgmp series he won 7 rounds continuously and finally he himself opted out .

He opted himself out, what do you mean? I a a bit surprised. Did he have personal problems or what?

no as he was the winner and there was a limit as to no. of times one can win ,i do not remeber exactly so hw was declred the winner.

appollo Newbie
appollo
appollo

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
I watched both Karunnya and Hemu sisnging Woh lamhe...I love Karunnya but Hemu sung with a lot passion and feeling which I didn't see in Karunnya.

Appollo

Go to top