India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

HEMS WOH LAMHE WAS TOO GOOD

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
karunya sang woh lamhe today in I2 and was totally diff frm hemu.Can someone make a indepth analysis of the way the two sang.personally both were good but there is some magic in hemus voice which   draws you to him.You totally get mesmerizes by his singing.Karunya is a great singer but he is a little stiff .Hema has that passion in his song.any comments?

sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
hmm ill reply after i watch the show...
sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by amukta

karunya sang woh lamhe today in I2 and was totally diff frm hemu.Can someone make a indepth analysis of the way the two sang.personally both were good but there is some magic in hemus voice which   draws you to him.You totally get mesmerizes by his singing.Karunya is a great singer but he is a little stiff .Hema has that passion in his song.any comments?

Hi amukta,

I am impressed with your observation. I am a little bit of a singer myself and here is a little analysis for your benefit. For any song to sound really good needs a good mix of sur (pitch etc etc), laye (speed), taal (rhythm with beats) and feelings/expressions. Both Hemu and Karunya are fantastic singers and have prodigious talent but they have differing styles (thankfully coz it gives us some variety) which are sooperb. Hema has a manly voice with a lot of base and timber (like Yesudas/Hariharan/Kishore, listen to some of his songs of Kishore) whereas Karunya has more of a high pitched voice. Both of them are equally good in sur, laye and taal but what Karunya lacks a bit and Hema has it in tonnes is feelings. Some people like Hemu are gifted with that.

With Woh Lamhe, Hemu's manly voice, classical touch and with those feelings made it special. Karunya, as usual, was great technically great but sang it a bit flat and did not really touch my heart (IMHO). I am a HUGE fan of Karunya but I feel that he focuses too much on sur and loses a bit on the feelings aspect.

This is just my opinion and please don't take it personally. I wanted Amey or Karunya to win but since Amey left, it is Karunya all the way for me. But to me the biggest disappointment was that in saregemapa the final should have been between Hema and Nihira who were head and shoulders above the rest.

T_fari Goldie
T_fari
T_fari

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Confused WHAT WAS SHOW.. WHICH ARE U TALKING ABOUT? Confused
sadaf84 Senior Member
sadaf84
sadaf84

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
definitely hemu sung better..Karunya sung it really well too..i liked it...but i guess hemu sung it a little better
amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
thankyou sarangee.you did a good analysis.I totally agree with what you said.Any song and the person singing can connect to us or touch our hearts only if they have the feel by which they can put life into the song.we hope and pray a good singer like karu wins in I2.no offence to anyone this is only a healthy comparison bet two wonderful singers and others are entitled to have there opinion.
sarangee Newbie
sarangee
sarangee

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by amukta

thankyou sarangee.you did a good analysis.I totally agree with what you said.Any song and the person singing can connect to us or touch our hearts only if they have the feel by which they can put life into the song.we hope and pray a good singer like karu wins in I2.no offence to anyone this is only a healthy comparison bet two wonderful singers and others are entitled to have there opinion.

Thank you Amukta. I normally do not comment because people take it way too personal. BTW Amey had a lot of feel in his voice too apart from the technical training. Also, if you have the time, please listen to Abhijeet Ghoshal from Saregamapa (you can go to the Sifymax website), esp Marhaba and Sunri Sakhi Meri Pyari Sakhi. He was a FANTASTIC singer, who got eliminated unfortunately. Even Jagjit Singh told him that he wanted to learn something from his singing. He had everthing required for playback singing. Let me know your opinion if you hear him.

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
yes i remember abijeet and he was a fantastic singer in jatin lalits gharana and also earlier in srgmp shows he was a winner in popular round or something like that.He is no doubt a great singer !!!remeber in old srgmp series he won 7 rounds continuously and finally he himself opted out .

Go to top