Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

First look at Corporate

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

Kay Kay Menon and Bipasha Basu
In an exclusive to HitLIST, Madhur Bhandarkar talks about the making of his next film…

Is Corporate inspired by real business people?
I have taken inspiration from everywhere. But why are my films seen with a magnifying glass? Several movies have shown characters that resemble people from real life, but nobody points a finger at them. Is it because my actors do not put on too much make-up, do not fake body language, and mouth colloquial language?

Will Corporate be very different from Page 3?
Certain traits of every filmmaker are seen in every work of his. So there may be a few sprinkles here and there. Didn't Guru Dutt saab have certain similarities in his films — characterisation, lighting patterns?

So the perspective is parallel at times. For one, like the drivers in Page 3, I have peons in Corporate. But yes, I have done my best to ensure that Corporate looks different from Page 3. I have treated Corporate differently; there's more richness and the camera work is better.

Tell us about Bipasha in your film.
Bipasha has underplayed herself in Corporate; she is very subdued and subtle in her acting. She has a good grasp and a willingness to learn. She knows what the director wants from her, and delivers. Before every scene, I used to discuss with her to mellow things down.

Stills from Corporate

Your first choice was Aishwarya Rai. Any changes after Bips signed on?
When Ash did not happen, I did not make an iota of change in the script. If Ash had done this role, she would have done exactly what Bips has done. And Bips has done exactly what I had envisaged when I had Ash in mind.

She worked even when John Abraham was hospitalised?
Bips is an absolute professional. We were shooting in Madh Island, those days. Bipasha reported on the sets on time, and when I offered her an early pack-up, she insisted that we continue the shoot.

Are you satisfied with Corporate?
We have worked with a huge crew of 35 actors. Everybody - Bipasha Basu, Kay Kay Menon, Minissha Lamba, Sammir Dattani — has put in an impressive performance. I could not have asked for more.

Are you expecting awards for Corporate?
If Corporate makes it to the awards, I will certainly be happy as it would serve as a big morale boost for my team. But first, I want public appreciation. I have not made Corporate for bagging awards. Honestly, I did not expect awards for Chandni Bar, either.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top