Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

arpita_rox

arpita_rox

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Hey guyz..i am doing this debate on DOES SPELLING MATTER?

i have taken the side dat no spelling does not matter...i need some good points for dat...can u all help me????

btw dis iz really kewl:

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

I

Edited by arpita_rox - 20 March 2006 at 2:56pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOes spelling matter!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Well I think spelling matters because if it didn't matter no one would have gotten misunderstandingBig smile

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Spelling makes impressions on people in your working life . Imagine going to a Proffesional for help - Doctor , Lawyer,Consultant if he can't spell , you'll doubt his credentials.

Imagine working for a Corporate and drafting a proposal for your client . If you have spelling wrong and don't have good grammar , don't use punctuation the chances are your draft will be in the dustbin before they read even 2 lines.

Imagine writing your resume for a job with spelling and grammar mistakes ...........i can assure you they won't even read a word and will trash it.

You just may get away as a student , but never ever in work place !!

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
spelling and grammar r both important (hehe soundz hypocritacal comin frm me dusnt it? Wink LOL )

well yea as aparna di said....itz all abt impression....if u hand in a paper 2 ur teacher ritten da way my posts 2 typed ur gonna get an angry teacher and ur gonna get a bad grade LOL and if u do in it real wrld itz worse..ur gonna end up with no job...lolz

spelling and grammar r important cuz it addz assurance tht u noe wat ur talkin abt and it lookz professional and it makes the other ppl c tht u rnt intellectually difficient (lol although sum ppl r LOL LOL )

and ur style of ritin makes a frst impression of wat type of a person u r...if a person reads a professional paper college essays, resume, document 4 @ a job a proposal 4 sumthing or wateva and they come across mechanical errorz da information iz gonna seem less valuable...if u put all da hard wrk in2 doing sumthing double chk it 2 make sure there r no typos. its all spelled rite and da grammar is rite.

in english class a last year, this grl had a "debate" with the teacher cuz the teacher lowered her grade 4 misuse of commas throughout the paper...well bcuz she made a scene of it all of us found out and our teacher put this example on the board...commaz make all da difference
take a luk @ this sentence and tell me wat it meanz 2 u...

Woman without her man is nothing

it cud b interpreted in 2 waiiz.....
woman, without her, man i s nothing (hehe best interpretation Wink )
or u can interpret it as
woman, without her man, is nothing.

c how drastically da placement of those commas changes da meaning of the sentence

so in short spelling and grammar r important

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

luk @ this sentence and tell me wat it meanz 2 u...

Woman without her man is nothing

it cud b interpreted in 2 waiiz.....
woman, without her, man i s nothing (hehe best interpretation Wink )
or u can interpret it as
woman, without her man, is nothing.

c how drastically da placement of those commas changes da meaning of the sentence

so in short spelling and grammar r important

Very interesting example Jav , now tell us which statement do you believe in ?? Be ready to argue both sides if i pick !!!!LOLLOL

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

Woman, without her man, is nothing

How so very very true

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Spelling does matter ...coz it represents u Tongue

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Spelling does matter, according to me. Alphabets were arranged in a certain way to form words. All of this was for a very good reason. If you change the sequence of the words or substitute letters, the meaning of your sentence changes completely.

Its like calling a HORSE HOARSE, THEN THAN and THERE THEIR.

Other common mistakes one observes are for the words:

Definitely (wrong word = definately)
loser (wrong word = looser)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top