manimau thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi does anyone know about how many Filmfare awards Suresh Wadkar has won so far?

I love this singer.....

But do not know when and for which songs he has won this award until now....

Edited by manimau - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonmember thumbnail
He's been nominated a few times (think he received a nomination for Chappa Chappa from Maachis along with Hariharan) But I'm not sure if he won the award. Try checking the Filmare site. They have a list of all the awards winners.
manimau thumbnail
Thanks Sonyaee for replying. I know few more times when he was nominated, but I do not know when he won it actually.....

And on the filmfare awards site, there is no way I can search for his name in the winners list.
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
i love his song ye zindazi gale laga le.its awesome.his wife padma is the one who was along with prashanth in fame gurukal.
anonmember thumbnail
I checked IMDB, but there was no mention of any nominations or awards. But he received another nomination for in 1982 for two other songs (got this from the Filmfare site):

Best Male Playback Singer
Amit Kumar - Yeh Zameen Gaa Rahi Hai (Teri Kasam)
(winner) Kishore Kishore - Pag Ghungroo Baje (Namak Halal)
Suresh Wadkar - Meri Kismat Tu (Prem Rog)
Suresh Wadkar - Mein Hoon Prem Rogi (Prem Rog)

And also 1986:

Best Male Playback Singer
(winner) Kishore Kumar - Saagar Kinare (Saagar)
Shabbir Kumar (Pyar Jhukta Nahin)
Suresh Wadkar (Ram Teri Ganga Maili)

anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: amukta

i love his song ye zindazi gale laga le.its awesome.his wife padma is the one who was along with prashanth in fame gurukal.

Yes, I like the song too. Shamit sang it in FG too, beautiful song. I'm surprised Wadkarji didn't get a nomination for the song.

Edited by sonyaee - 18 years ago
nibbler thumbnail

Originally posted by: xMrs. Datex

can u plz change d title n put suresh wadkar "ji" respect hes sucha gr8 singer!

mal suresh ji wadakar ji sounds betta na...........

manimau thumbnail

Originally posted by: xMrs. Datex

can u plz change d title n put suresh wadkar "ji" respect hes sucha gr8 singer!

With respect to your emotions, I disagree with you...... just saying ji in the end does not mean you actually respect the person.... And by not having ji in the end does not mean that you disrespect the person in any way........

I have tremendous respect for this awesome singer and do not necessaryly  feel the need to show it by adding ji to it every time I say the name.....

There are these many legends who are so much respected by us, so close to our hearts that we do call them without the ji... For example.... Lata mangeshkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Kishor Kumar, Kapil Dev..... BUT I will say it again that we still respect them the most even if there is no ji.... 

So thanks for your suggestion, but I do not agree that I show any kind of disrespect by not having ji in the end.