Tday Ranking! - Page 5

Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by metallica

I was referring to this part of your comment:

I quote:

"but an avg student tries to compete with the topper, he gets more praise.. but tht doenst mean he topped the class.. "

If an averagae student performs better on the day than the person who usually comes top.. Then, surely he has topped the class... Would you not agree with that?? Otherwise, you will have to  re-define topness, I think!!

peace!!

if u chk my ranking . i ave 9/10 to sandeep n karunya 10/10 in second perf... where as  karunya's first perf i ranked him +1.... n sandeep 8/10.

so avg student is trying to top the class.. but still accordin to me, topper is still a topper for the time being i.e Karunya!

i accept this fact.. he cud have said Ishq word more passionatly... but his over all perf was still gr8!

no offences.

Edited by aries_sakshi - 18 years ago
well for me everything depends on the day of the performance,a guy may be excellent but if his performnace is not upto the mark on the day when it matters ,then he should be judged on that alone esp this counts for indian idol coz that why they have gala performance very week to make the judgement from that week's performance .
otherwise it would have been enough to just have one performance and declare the winner.The format is such that,we have to vote based on that week's performance alone howmuchever great he would have sung and proved himself in the past weeks.If his performance was not upto the mark then the votes should be based on that.
As only the examination results counts in the end and thats how it is .You may have been topping in all the class held exams but if u dont perform at the finals then all is gone.
In the end ,without bias ,if sandeep or anuj performed better than karunya and if karunya was not upto the mark then we should def give credit to sandeep and anuj and thats how it is .

But saying all that,we all have our favorites and hence if the best singer doesnt do well in a gala that week,we would still vote for him irrespective of his performance .But in my opinion its houldn'e be that way ,we should vote for the person who in our opnion was best that week
Donno I liked their singing Its good But It was better in last gala though...

Thsi time I liked Karunya's Woh lamhe but second song something missing...

Sandeep cant sing hight pitch well...Eventhouugh judges didnt like his first performance much I like that one more...

Anuj...Hmmmm ...No comments...

poor format how can public vote contineously for 2 weeks !! it should be instant ie max next day after the performance!! any votes coming after that is just to increase revenue !!

I wish like deal-ya-no-deal Sony should have agar tum aage khelate style for Amey, agar Amey out nahi hota to usaka performance ye hota (just kidding guyz) it is still difficult to watch II2 w/o him Edited by Shweta06 - 18 years ago
yup.. tday i misses amey a lot! 😭
I dont know why everyone is always like this only.....
watch video closely...karu was definitely not at his best in second performance and when judges say that it was not best, they dont compare just with his own parameters but song as a whole...

and i appreciate your ranking and opinion....but strongly feel that its definitely skewed towards one contestent and you (or everyone for that matter) have a reason to be skewed...no offense, but try to understand Indian idol is not going the way people at forum wanted so far....coz voters are rare in forum and ....anyway, I'm happy that sandeep did perform well and more than expected....he's for sure a surprise package......

peace

Originally posted by aries_sakshi

yup.. tday i misses amey a lot! 😭

Me too......if amey was there then today's episode would be so much better......is this how the Top3 of show of the stature of INdian Idol perform? (baring karu he was pretty good) compare these  3 to Rahul-Amit-Abhi!!!

Guys. please don't let emotions cloud ur judgment. I am a HUGE fan of Karunya but compared to his past performances, I found his performances a bit missing in spark today. Please go listen to Hema's rendition of Woh Lamhe and you will see the difference. Hema's voice has the perfect strength for this song and I feel now that Hema is the better singer overall.

Also Kambakht Ishq was O.K today and I would give him an 8/10. Sukhwinder was just too good in this song.

Also, I feel Karunya is restricting his potential by singing quite a bit of Sukhwinder's songs. He shud be like his cousin Hema and sing a whole variety as he has the talent to do justice to a wide repertoire of songs.

I wanted either Amey or Karunya to win and now I want Karunya to win.  I think he has prodigious talent and is a magnificient singer. So whatever I am expressing is for his best interests.

I read everyone's comments and I watched the video and I think all did an excellent job. They tried their best. Yes Karu is always excellent singer and he has lot more ability to sing better than Sandeep and Anuj. Its OK if he got 9/10 from judges on one song. There are still more performances to come before they count and recount all the votes and declare the finalist.
I personally feel that it will be Karu because he has always given THE BEST after any of his week performance. I simply adore him for his ALL ROUNDER personality as a singer and performance. It all depends on Indian Public, whose STATE is more stronger than others. No Offence INDIAN CITIZENS, but that what you have been doing so far. In all the shows, their are 70-90% benefit from Regional voting is making it possible for the finalists to WIN not their performance.
Lets pray for the best.
BTW, Thanks Sakshi for thr update and your ranking. You simply rockssssssssssssssss.
Originally posted by sarangee

Guys. please don't let emotions cloud ur judgment. I am a HUGE fan of Karunya but compared to his past performances, I found his performances a bit missing in spark today. Please go listen to Hema's rendition of Woh Lamhe and you will see the difference. Hema's voice has the perfect strength for this song and I feel now that Hema is the better singer overall.

Also Kambakht Ishq was O.K today and I would give him an 8/10. Sukhwinder was just too good in this song.

Also, I feel Karunya is restricting his potential by singing quite a bit of Sukhwinder's songs. He shud be like his cousin Hema and sing a whole variety as he has the talent to do justice to a wide repertoire of songs.

I wanted either Amey or Karunya to win and now I want Karunya to win.  I think he has prodigious talent and is a magnificient singer. So whatever I am expressing is for his best interests.

I like that u have courage to say this in forum....coz everyone knows but at the same time, no one tries to write in it black and white (thats why i just colored it 😉 )...but then I realized this is your first post in the forum and u pointed it out straight forward...now be ready to see how versatile karu is.....no one denies his talent but his 'love' for Sukhwinder song - atleast i cant say anything....

he simply rocks!! with all these sukhwinder songs and some other that he sings....he is no doubt "Agla"....

peace