Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

   
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Classical singers in Hindi movies? (Page 5)

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Joined: 01 December 2005
Posts: 1066

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Pt. Ravi Shankar composed for the movie Anuradha...the one with Balraj Sahni and Leela Naidu...I love the song jaane kaise sapno mein kho gayi akhiyan from the movie...
He has also given the score for none other than Pather Panchali!

musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Joined: 28 December 2005
Posts: 547

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by punjini

Originally posted by adwarakanath


Actually, the two taans in Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re was done by Nirmala Devi, Govinda's mother, I believe.

Am logging on to india-forums after 2 days! Here, in an Internet kiosk in Malaysia, it feels good to log on to this site - it's like finding friends in the middle of nowhere!

Regarding 'Madhuban mein Radhika naache" the taans were in a male voice - how can it be Nirmala Devi?



I had initially thought it was Ust. Amir Khan. Then someone told me it was Nirmala DeviOuch

It is, relax...I will try to give you a link.Confused

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Joined: 11 March 2006
Posts: 1123

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by giggles_2005

Pt. Ravi Shankar composed for the movie Anuradha...the one with Balraj Sahni and Leela Naidu...I love the song jaane kaise sapno mein kho gayi akhiyan from the movie...
He has also given the score for none other than Pather Panchali!


Dont forget the Lata classic "saanware saanware" from Anuradha. This song is not picturized on anyone (as far as I can remember) but comes up during the credits (pretty much similar to "garjat barsat" from Barsaat ki Raat)...
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Joined: 01 December 2005
Posts: 1066

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chukkna

Originally posted by adwarakanath


I love Ust. Sultan Khan's sarangi and voice. He's sung in the 'Piya Basanti' album composed by Sandesh Shandilya.

I met Ustad Sultan Khan saheb in a house concert here at my friend's place. He is a genious. He sung many songs including Piya Basanti and Albela sajan aayo and also gave a demo lecture on Sarangi. He shared his experience as a sarangi player in the film industry etc.

It is an unforgettable evening.

Thanks chukkna...I love his piya Basanti re...such an earthy voice...He has also composed for Richard Attenborrough's Gandhi , I believe.

jhsurti Groupbie
jhsurti
jhsurti

Joined: 24 January 2006
Posts: 119

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by musicpulse

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by punjini

Originally posted by adwarakanath


Actually, the two taans in Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re was done by Nirmala Devi, Govinda's mother, I believe.

Am logging on to india-forums after 2 days! Here, in an Internet kiosk in Malaysia, it feels good to log on to this site - it's like finding friends in the middle of nowhere!

Regarding 'Madhuban mein Radhika naache" the taans were in a male voice - how can it be Nirmala Devi?


I had initially thought it was Ust. Amir Khan. Then someone told me it was Nirmala DeviOuch

It is, relax...I will try to give you a link.Confused



It IS Ust. Amir Khan

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Joined: 11 March 2006
Posts: 1123

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zapman

Ustad Zakir Hussain (movie "In Custody / Muhaffiz"



Ust Zakir Hussain for one of the 4 composers for the movie Saaz as well...
*Jaya* IF-Sizzlerz
*Jaya*
*Jaya*

Joined: 27 October 2005
Posts: 11781

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Pandit RaviShankar, along with his compositions for 'Anuradha', was also the composer of Satyajit Ray's first classic 'Pather Panchali' - the background score of that movie still haunts me... Embarrassed The musical genius of Panjit'ji along with the cinematic brilliance of Ray created magic in celluloid... Clap Clap Clap
jhsurti Groupbie
jhsurti
jhsurti

Joined: 24 January 2006
Posts: 119

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jayc1234

Pandit RaviShankar, along with his compositions for 'Anuradha', was also the composer of Satyajit Ray's first classic 'Pather Panchali' - the background score of that movie still haunts me... Embarrassed The musical genius of Panjit'ji along with the cinematic brilliance of Ray created magic in celluloid... Clap Clap Clap


Pt. Ravishankar gave music for some other films as well -

Gandhi
Godaan
Meera
Apur Sansar
Aparajito
Dharti ke lal

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Classical / Semi Classical music in Indo Pak

2

Author: Khtronkakhilari   Replies: 10   Views: 3910

Khtronkakhilari 10 3910 24 November 2008 at 12:16am by *Woh Ajnabee*
Are female singers better than male singers?

Author: best_guy   Replies: 2   Views: 1459

best_guy 2 1459 28 August 2008 at 9:43pm by Summer3
Old singers vs New singers:changing trend

2

Author: Sur_Sangam   Replies: 13   Views: 1968

Sur_Sangam 13 1968 09 September 2006 at 2:09pm by sinamika
LISTEN TO HINDI SONGS/HINDI SONGS LYRICS

Author: Roger123   Replies: 0   Views: 2673

Roger123 0 2673 16 March 2006 at 6:45pm by Roger123
Old singers vs New singers

Author: coolsaints11   Replies: 4   Views: 2345

coolsaints11 4 2345 05 December 2005 at 2:10pm by vishal_patel

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index