Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago
me too man...waiting eagerly...

i found this in a Star TV Forum Archive (I think its about the chat he had on I-F Radio):

"Manoj told his viewers that before acting, he was into directing and he was assisting BP Singh in directing some hit serials for Sony and then acting happened to him and he was picked up for the role of Nakul and then Dhruv.

Manoj further said that he was spotted at a Bombay Times party one day and the same night he got a call from the production house telling him that he's been finalised to play the role of Prem. Manoj was told that Prem was going to be really big but he did not believe those people and was actually in two minds about continuing with the role but decided to take the risk and is glad that he's been rewarded.

Manoj says he does not have any specific role model but he admires the way Amitabh Bachchan interacts and behaves with the audience, Shekhar Suman's spontaneity, Shahrukh Khan's boundless energy- so he follows the characteristics and not any role model as he thinks having one hampers the way you model yourself and cuts some of your individuality.
Manoj thinks that the baadshah of TV is Mr.Amitabh Bachchan.

There were loads of messages coming in live asking Manoj to say -"I love u" to them and Manoj sweetly obliged. On asking when he was gonna get married, Manoj said that he was very steady with Teejay Siddhu and they plan to get married by the end of this year and he's surely going to end up with Teejay and no one else.

Manoj's favorite colors are red and yellow. Manoj does not hate any color. Manoj says that his biggest strength is his family and his girlfriend and all his friends and his biggest weakness is that he's not organised. He said he plans to get organised when he gets married. There were questions asking him if he was sure of marrying Teejay and Manoj told them that he was 100% sure.

Manoj says that he's a pure vegetarian, he does not smoke and does not drink. He likes to meditate and have good food and he also does not like to have a lot of junk food materials.Manoj has one sister who's married and is now settled in USA. Manoj's big time into spirituality and says it helps him meditate.

Manoj told that the first time fans recognised him was when he was playing the role of Kabir in Just Mohabbat, a soap on Sony and they were fishermen who mobbed him when he went to immerse his idol of Lord Ganesha at the beach. Manoj tells he has never been happier. Manoj thinks that the best role he's ever played is Prem and he misses being part of Kkusum because of the chemistry he shared with all co-actors.

His girlfriend, Teejay styled him for the look of Prem based on the research she'd done when she lived in Vancouver. Manoj tells us that Teejay loves watching him on TV and the first reaction he gave after watching himself on TV was="Hey! Who's that good looking guy?!"

He's going to activate and launch his personal website for his fans in the next 10 days and has told his fans to look out for his new hairdo which they will be able to see in a few days. Manoj's debut Bollywood film will release soon. He said that he loves all his fans and told him to keep watching him.

Some facts about him-
Fave Hollywood actor- Tom Cruise
Fave Bollywood actor- Aamir Khan
Fave Hindi Movie- Guru Dutt's "Pyaasa"
Fave show- Kasautii...
Tina or Shruti- Both
Star or Sony- Both
Career or love-life- Both
Fave song- "Chaand tare tod laoon" from Yes Boss" "

--wonder where the damned website is? 😆 😆

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
exactly yaar wot happened there has it been delayed or somefink?????

or was he juts telling a wehite lie so he wouldnt have to give his email or number to ne1
psawyer thumbnail

This is from a Chandigarh newspaper extract dated Jan 31, 2006. I posted the whole article coz a lot of it is relevant: 

"Role Call

You've seen all the saas & bahus. Now check out the sasurs & betas

by Jaskiran Kaur

Chandigarh, January 30: Most of the prime time, they make for the perfect props, excellent fillers for background space, and how can we forget, for those ek hazaar zoom-in-zoom-out dramatic dipper light shots. But of lately, the women seemed to have turned a l'l softy, and the men are getting to do a bit more than the pallu lugging and rising from the dead courtesy last minute desperate script changes. From the good son, the bad boy, the decent devar to the business tycoon, bhola bhaiyya and dusra, teesra, chautha pati, we check out some of the men on Star Plus's best.

The tycoon
Mohnish Behl
SUYAASH Mehra seems to have jumped right out of an MB. And Mohnish Behl fits the character to the T in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki because like Darcy, silence speaks more than words in Behl's case. Get him to talk, and he feels experimentation on the tele is dead. ''There is no end to an actor's job, to learning. I believe in myself, I know I am good and I have to deliver,'' he delivers the first few words. But he agrees it takes two to tango, and so his worst nightmare is ''When I get to do the same kind of role.'' From hero to zero to hero again, this time on the tube, Behl, if not elated, is satisfied with the way his career's turned out. ''I did six films and they flopped big time, which blew my career out of proportion. It took me 23 years to find my feet again. I guess the X-gene is carrying all the histrionics in my family,'' he laughs (very rare site), as the reference to context goes to Kajol, Tanuja and his mum, Nutan. ''Tanisha's gotta prove her's now.'' Well, we've seen witnessed that! So, life's been rough and tough, but Mohnish, who always wanted to be a pilot, has learnt to take it easy. ''Drama, comedy and lots of variety. It sells.'' Let's see if Parvati-Suyaash track does.

Spoilt brat
Manoj Bohra
This was the quickest thing that ever happened to him. ''I get a call for another serial. So it was to be or not to be till these guys told me that this will change my life. I said what the heck, let's go.'' And so Manoj Bohra turned hiphop, got the bling bling in order, pierced his brow, pulled his jeans low and jumped into the shoes of the spoilt brat, Prem of Kasautti Zindagi Ki. The serial got a whole new twist, and Bohra's lovin' it. ''It's like an extended alter ego to me,'' he grins, this lad from the theatre and direction world till television roped him in. ''The only thing that sells nowadays is something loud. Audience react to over reaction,'' he shoots his fundas. What next? ''Well, we'll soon be bringing a play to Chandigarh called Plain Crazy About Love.'' Aren't we all!

Husband No 1
Ronit Roy
Amarr Upadhyay immortalised him. Inder Kumar resurrected him from the ashes. Now, Ronit Roy's living an eternity. Both, as Mihir Virani in Kyunki and Rishabh Bajaj in Kasautti. ''But I enjoy Bajaj's character more. He is more complex, has more shades to him than the black and white Mihir,'' says the man, for whom television was never a planned shift. ''I just didn't have any work,'' he plainspeaks, also running a security agency now by the name of Ace Security and Protection. Talk about the 20-year leap, and he says there'll be lots of transformation. ''You can't have 20 young people and an old man. The commercial value and glam quotient has to be there too. And waise bhi, I never ask for narrations, don't want to know what will happen tomorrow. There are too many ideas bouncing on and off, it's a mixed bag on tele,'' he says, looking forward to ''lots of new things.'' ''Life's been an uphill task, and the change has been drastic and progressive. I take it all very seriously now.'' Right Mr Bajaj!

Devarji
Ali Asgar
Right now, he's dying to do a negative role. ''The bad man Kanhaiya Lal,'' shoots Ali Asgar, Kamal of Kahani. A devotee of a devar and a henpeck of a husband, Ali's got his hands full both in Kahani and Hum Paanch. ''For someone who started as a comedian, a roly poly kid on TV, nobody was willing to consider me for a serious role,'' tells Asgar, who feels that people identify with emotions and ''simply love to cry''. ''Television has the power to reach the masses, take up more issues as the starpower is more. Which is why we took up the widow remarriage on Kahani and also the old age cause,'' spins Asgar, who is also running an NGO, Touch, for the elderly. A jaan on the sets, this man's has everyone laughing and licking their fingers. ''That's courtesy my BA in catering, and jokes is something I live by.'' And this got him in trouble too when he played the candid camera with his starmates! Now that's not what good devarjis do.

Big Daddy
Cezanne Khan
Manoj Bohra's just two years younger to him and he never expected his son would turn out quite like Prem. ''You know why. I am the nice, disciplined, honest, good father and here's this brat of a son I get. I any case, I am too young to play a dad,'' says Cezanne Khan, Kasautti's Anurag, as he weaves his story from supposed to do MBA days to modelling to television. ''Next is Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka,'' Cezanne informs us adding, ''Today, the tele is woman-oriented, and the boom's just begun.'' But like any other actor, his dreams too shine on the big screen, especially English movies. ''Only lead roles.'' Ya, right.   "

article taken from: http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=167685

Edited by psawyer - 18 years ago
rickwean thumbnail
Congrats to all prem deewanis on getting the sticky topic and racing to so many pages in so short a span!

Lage raho! Manoj will be really proud of you guys 👏 !!
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: MainEkHasina

exactly yaar wot happened there has it been delayed or somefink?????

or was he juts telling a wehite lie so he wouldnt have to give his email or number to ne1

i know man, what if he said that to get out of a tight spot without seeming like "the jerk who wouldn't give his phone number"...😭

psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: rickwean

Congrats to all prem deewanis on getting the sticky topic and racing to so many pages in so short a span!

Lage raho! Manoj will be really proud of you guys 👏 !!

aww thanks rickwean!! p.s. whats ur real name?

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
yaar thats wot i was thinking but i didnt wanna say nefink since people mite get hurt or w/e but me saying it
psawyer thumbnail
i know...oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see
psawyer thumbnail
Taken from the article "What turns men on":

Manoj Bohra, TV actor
If I'm working on something and it comes through and if it's successful, I can feel the adrenalin rush. For example, Yudi, the character I'm working on now — I didn't think it would be that big. But it's come through beautifully.

Then there was the play that I produced. When I was up on stage and I thanked the audience, it was a huge feeling.

Music is another big thing. I bought Gypsy Kings Volare this morning. You know how you get used to a certain compilation. I'd lost my earlier CD and then the next one didn't have the songs in the same order. Today I got the old compilation. Whenever I hear it I feel a certain goodness about the world.

Full article at: http://www.chalomumbai.com/smd/play/2006/march/132823.htm
psawyer thumbnail
Another bit article taken from the Sunday Chronicle:

"He's hot hot hot...

Manoj Bohra as Prem in Kasautii Zindagi Kay is the current favourite among youngsters. He carries off the mean, wicked guy image rather well. "It's not a deliberate effort to do only negative roles but I like playing different characters," he says. His hip-hop look in the show has also become quite a rage. "I worked hard to get my look and body language right. I have been inspired by Johnny Depp's character in Pirates of the Caribbean." "

article taken from http://www.culturopedia.com/Sunday%20Chronicle.htm
There's a bit in this article on Cezzane and Shweta which I shall post in the mani forum