Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Stolen: Prerna’s mehenga mobile

shaika00 IF-Rockerz
shaika00
shaika00

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:17am | IP Logged

IPB Image

Shweta Tiwari
Film City was the scene of high voltage drama on Thursday evening, when Shweta Tiwari stopped the shoot of Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Reason? Prerna's mobile was stolen.

Dressed in a black-and-maroon sari, the actress was livid with almost everyone on the set. Said an eyewitness, "Shweta was furious. She was screaming at the spot-boys. She even demanded that the production crew get her a new mobile phone, or she would not resume shooting."

The incident happened at 5 pm, and shooting resumed only at 6.15 pm.

While Shweta fretted and fumed, co-actors Ronit Roy and Tina Parakh cooled their heels. When contacted, Shweta said, "How could I shoot immediately, when my Nokia N70 phone, which is quite expensive, got flicked?"

At about 4.50 pm, Shweta had stepped out of her vanity van, without her mobile phone. "I had just worn that sari. After every change, I have a habit of wearing perfume. I was coolly sitting outside, spraying the perfume on and reading the next scene. I told my boy to get my mobile from the van.

He came and said it was missing. All this happened in a span of seven minutes," she revealed.

Known people

Shweta called her number immediately from someone else's phone, but the thief had already disconnected her handset.

"This is the seventh or eighth time I have lost my mobile on the sets. Being an actor, I can't carry it in my hand all the time. For most scenes, I have to keep it with someone else. It's natural to leave the mobile in the vanity van without realising it; the vanity van is like a second home. T

he pain of losing a phone worsens when you lose it in the midst of people you know well. It becomes impossible to suspect anybody; it could even be someone who came from outside and went into the van for a lark," she added.

The actress resumed shooting after nearly an hour and a half. "We needed daylight for the next scene, and it had started getting dark," she said.

No time

At the moment, Shweta is using an old Nokia Communicator, which hangs frequently. "I don't have the time to go and buy a new handset. Tomorrow morning, I am leaving for Colombo, where I will shoot for a Sri Lankan health product.

There are two other models in the ad — one is Brazilian and the other Sri Lankan. When I return, after three days, I'll buy a new handset. I've lost all my numbers and contacts. I don't know how I'll start again," she laments

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top