Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by karunya_forever

there shud be a jury of abt 10-12b people deciding who shud leave

I agree, but then how will Sony fill their own pockets?  Votes=$$$

Originally posted by Dancnballa23

I agree, but then how will Sony fill their own pockets?  Votes=$$$

o haan isse liye...mobile waloon ko bhi fayada nahiin hoga.😉

but the only good decision is the jury one ,because then atleast the deserving one wins.the jury should choose top 2 contestants and for the ii jaanta shud vote

Originally posted by karunya_forever

there shud be a jury of abt 10-12b people deciding who shud leave

yah..i think it wud be the fairest means of judging!!
No solution is foolproof, but if "public Voting' is to be continued, the format can be improvised upon to give better results.

Few days back, an article was posted in the forum on 'Public Voting' which said that people should be asked to vote for the least popular contestant, rather, who should be 'voted out' in each episode. If this were the format then the results would definitely be more convincing. This way, you will have huge number of votes coming in for a single person only if he is really bad. Chances are less that people will try to vote out the best. We have a better chance of having the best three still intact towards the end after which, it is anybody's game.

May I add, that multiple voting should not be allowed.

I foresee one problem with this format though. People generally tend to have favorites and they go all out to vote for their favorite and to convince their friends, neighbours, relatives and colleagues to vote for their favorite. In this format, that kind of enthusiasm in voting may be missing.

Of course the best way in music competitions of these kind is to have it judged by experts. We may have disagreements, but much less. It has worked for years from the days of Meri Awaz Suno and earlier Saregamapa versions. Few will question the greatness of Lata ji or AR Rehman. Less controversy, more attention to music and talent.