Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

RDB has made an impact: Rakeysh Mehra

sawariyah Senior Member
sawariyah
sawariyah

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:16am | IP Logged
RDB has made an impact: Mehra!
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network  

View Rakeysh Mehra in RANG DE BASANTI Premiere Picture GalleryAfter having set new records at the box-office in the overseas market, Rakeysh Mehra's RANG DE BASANTI, is likely to set another precedent of sorts with the University of America eliciting a keen interest in the film. "The American group, Global Rhythms, has also written a letter in appreciation of the film. It is definitely encouraging," Mehra reveals.

Meanwhile, Mehra is continuing with his all-India tour of all the major theatrical outlets to gauge the audience reaction to the film. "I am very happy with the way the people have responded to the film. Moreover the youth audiences who came in earlier to catch a glimpse of the film are now getting their entire families. The film certainly has made its place in Indian cinema. It has also left an indelible mark on seniors in the industry who have called me up and congratulated me about the film," he says.

On the other hand, Mehra reveals that he is yet to make up his mind about his next film, though there are speculative reports that he has confirmed his next project with the Bachchan family. "The media loves speculation and this is another speculative story that's making the rounds. Until I finalize the script of my next film, I am not sure whom I will be working with next," he says.

Download Rang De Basanti WallpapersAs for working with Aamir once again, he admits that given an opportunity, he would like to work with Aamir forever in each of his films. "He is the kind of actor for whom anyone would give his right and left arm to work with. I spent the best two years of my life working with him and those two years are invaluable to me. He's a very conscious actor and given the opportunity, I'd love to work with him again," he says.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top