sawariyah thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

My relation with Aishwarya is misinterpretation of good friendship: Abhishek
18th Mar 2006  22.00 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau  

While everybody is going ga-ga over the supposed affair between
Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai , the junior Bachchan says it's just a case of misinterpretation of good friendship.

Talking to a leading tabloid Abhishek said that his relationship with Ash, with whom he is working with in
Umrao Jaan and Dhoom 2 , is just a case of misinterpretation of good friendship.

"My relation with Aishwarya is a case of misinterpretation of good friendship and it is not new for the industry. It is happening with all actors. You work with an actress in one film and people start linking you with her. The moment you sign another film with someone else, you become the heartthrob of some other woman," Abhishek said.

I don't think I am answerable or need to clarify because the more you do, people draw different meaning from it. I agree that whatever actors do is in the public domain and so they become subject to public scrutiny. But I also believe that there are certain things, which should remain personal. Sometimes, it becomes unpleasant when people link up two co-stars without checking facts and truth," added Abhishek.

Rumours about Abhishek-Ash link-up reached such an extent that inside sources claimed that the two families even met and considered the 'rishta' (alliance) between both stars.

So, when being asked if it bothers him when the media haunts his personal life, Abhishek said, "I have learnt to live with it because this is part of my stardom. Now, I don't bother much about it. I have got used to it now. I don't take such things personally. I know my heart is clear and there is nothing I am hiding. So, it doesn't really affects when I know I am honest and know what the truth is."

On being asked how his co-stars behave with him when they hear such rumors, he said, "They know the truth and are very normal and cool about it."

But the question is, will this set the rumours to rest?