Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Thx guys !!! I loved the unanimous answer !! Tongue

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
hehe....is there a particualr reason y this scenario was put b4 us? Wink

well i disagree...school is important and i cannot be avoided for family vacations....yes family is important but eduactions should be everyone's first priority...and many of you said the child is only 6 and only in 1st grade so they dont miss a lot but it becomes a habit...you tell a child tht he/she isnt goung 2 skool cuz they have 2 go on vacation 2 meet aunty and uncle im sure the kid wud b glad 2 miss skool but it will make the kid this skool isnt important and l8er on this kid wud miss skool 4 fun or not take it seriously and all bcuz the parents wanted a "family reunion"

so hus ready 1 quote me and prove me wrong and attack me?.....all of u? i bet u r...hehe guess wat if sum1 posted tht i wud have counterattacked as well....confused?....well thtz not wat i think i was just trying 2 prove 2 aparna di and sam tht i can agrue 4 a point i dun believe in so they shud assign sides 4 the championship cuz im lukin 4ward 2 it.

itz 8:30 and a really gud Pakistani drama is starting on PTV so imma go watch tht and i will rite my REAL response 2 this l8er...but lemme tell u this..i will countunie this trend of unanimity
LOL ...v all think soo alike Wink
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
baaaaaaaaq

well heres my REAL take on the issue

although eduaction is important, family comes first when children are in an older grade where 10 days actually matter, you try to talk to the teacher and work it out but you dont neglect family and for a 6 year old who isnt learning much and doesnt have any important exams to take there is no room to doubt...take the next flight and head off to your sister's place but to inform the teacher that the child will be away for however many days you are gone for.

I can tell u abt this 1 frm personal experience...wen i was 6..i went 2 pakistan a whole month before summer vacation and we stayed there all summer vacation...my mom wanted 2 meet her parents and she wanted 2 stay there with them for as long as she could because she hadnt seen them in years and since she didnt work @ tht time she was able 2 stay 4 as long as she wanted 2 and i left school a month earlier...dont worry theres no dent of missing hole in my eduaction LOL LOL teachers were ok with it and i was only 6 so it wasnt like i was learning much.

ok tht was wen i was six...my frend went 2 bangladesh during chrsitmas break this year and she mieed 2 weeks of skool...we got 2 weeks off and she stayed 2 more weeks for a total of a month long visit....parents hadnt been there in the longest time and her parents both got off frm work and were able to go and they went and she tld her teachers in advance and she got all her assignments ahead of time and she handed them in b4 going...yea it was more wrk 4 her and she made me photocopy all my notes 4 her for 2 week but she cought up with the work and it wasnt tht big of a deal.

so u c...family dus come frst and having children miss skool ESPECIALLY SIX YEAR OLDS is not a big deal
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Thx Jav !! Tongue Now whats with 2 contrasting views ???

Getting ready for the Championship where i'll pick which side you'll debate on ???? Wink
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

HELLLLOOOOO !! Guess who that sibling is !!!!!!!
zoya786uk Senior Member
zoya786uk
zoya786uk

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
lolz we were talking about all diz in a meeting and facts say da when children miss scool ot can affect der education but 10 days is not mch dont matter at all really especially at da age of 6, long term holidayz like 6 months now parents need to consider not doing this because it affects there abilties to achieve der best Wink
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

yea...thtz wat i thotWink...thtz y i asked...hope ur sis comes soon and u have loadz of fun with us sis and ur neiceSmile

and yup the contrasting views has 2 reasonz...1 cuz evey1 was agreeing so i wanted 2 b different and the other cuz i was getting ready 2 deal with both sides...preparing 4 da debate championshipsWink

Edited by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~ - 21 March 2006 at 2:55pm
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

yea...thtz wat i thotWink...thtz y i asked...hope ur sis comes soon and u have loadz of fun with us sis and ur neiceSmile

and yup the contrasting views has 2 reasonz...1 cuz evey1 was agreeing so i wanted 2 b different and the other cuz i was getting ready 2 deal with both sides...preparing 4 da debate championshipsWink

Thx i hope he comes too . Its my "brother" not sister actually who is "bhao khaoing" !!Angry

Go to top