Young mom's-what would u do ?

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
O.k heres the situation.

You have a sibling who lives in another Continent and you both haven't been able to meet in 3 years , and you can meet only during the summer lets say of each year .

You've been trying to meet before every year but are busy with work or your baby's school . This year your daughter has gone to Class 1 (In India) . You are unable to take leave from office during childs summer vacation but can before the summer vacation in India starts(as u just joined work too) .

Your sibling tells you to come and meet before the summer vacation. You will have to take only 10 school days off for your child who is in Class 1.

If you don't meet this year , you may or may not be able to meet next year as every year has its own new issues :new job , transfer, illnesses blah blah !!

What will you do ? Will you let your child miss 10 days of school to meet your sibling in another Country ?(whom you haven't met in 3 years)
Or will you pay importance that my child must not miss even a day of school even in Class 1 ???????????????

Plz think and answer !!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

popkurn thumbnail

Question:

Whats CLASS1?😕

Priya

sanya_s thumbnail
Very long question...hmm..I think I'll go and meet my sibling..coz I havent seen her 4 so long and may not b able to..and my child is in class 1... I can teach him stuff..and anyways..I may have to take leave some year.
delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I would go and meet my sibling..
I mean if my daughter is only in the 1st grade,I really wuldnt mind if she missed 10 - 20 days of school but it may be bad discipline for the child..but then one does need a braek once in a while and I coukd of course teach her whatever she would miss!!

Tumhari_Khushi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I would definetly go and meet my sibling especially as I haven't seen him / her for so long.

If my daughter is in 1st class, it won't be too tragical if she misses 10 school days.

Sometimes family comes first 😊
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
At the age of 6 - school shouldn't be most important in a child's life - yes it is extremely important, but a child should know her family and understand where he or she comes from. The child should be comfortable with family and missing a few days of school also teaches responsibility as one will need to catch up.

Missing school at that age really isn't a tragedy and as a parent I will also need to teach my child so getting the syllabus on the missed lessons and teaching my child will be my duty and something I would happliy do in order to meet my brother os sister.

And one more point: my visit to my siblings will not be at the expense of my childs education because I will ensure that my child does not feel that she has missed out on lessons as I will teach her everything that she has missed so that she is on par with her lessons at school.
sowmyaa thumbnail
Bottom line I would go meet my sibling. Guess it's ok if kids miss 10 days in 1st grade. Edited by sowmyaa - 18 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
my sibling most positively. if anybody in the family (husband, in laws etc) has objections that a 6 yr old is missing school, and that it is imperiative that she does not miss a single day, they are welcome to keep the child and make sure she misses nothing while i traipse off to meet my sibling 😃   oh and i mean this!!!
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Thx guys !!! I loved the unanimous answer !! 😛
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
hehe....is there a particualr reason y this scenario was put b4 us? 😉

well i disagree...school is important and i cannot be avoided for family vacations....yes family is important but eduactions should be everyone's first priority...and many of you said the child is only 6 and only in 1st grade so they dont miss a lot but it becomes a habit...you tell a child tht he/she isnt goung 2 skool cuz they have 2 go on vacation 2 meet aunty and uncle im sure the kid wud b glad 2 miss skool but it will make the kid this skool isnt important and l8er on this kid wud miss skool 4 fun or not take it seriously and all bcuz the parents wanted a "family reunion"

so hus ready 1 quote me and prove me wrong and attack me?.....all of u? i bet u r...hehe guess wat if sum1 posted tht i wud have counterattacked as well....confused?....well thtz not wat i think i was just trying 2 prove 2 aparna di and sam tht i can agrue 4 a point i dun believe in so they shud assign sides 4 the championship cuz im lukin 4ward 2 it.

itz 8:30 and a really gud Pakistani drama is starting on PTV so imma go watch tht and i will rite my REAL response 2 this l8er...but lemme tell u this..i will countunie this trend of unanimity
😆 ...v all think soo alike 😉