Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Young mom's-what would u do ?

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:00am | IP Logged
O.k heres the situation.

You have a sibling who lives in another Continent and you both haven't been able to meet in 3 years , and you can meet only during the summer lets say of each year .

You've been trying to meet before every year but are busy with work or your baby's school . This year your daughter has gone to Class 1 (In India) . You are unable to take leave from office during childs summer vacation but can before the summer vacation in India starts(as u just joined work too) .

Your sibling tells you to come and meet before the summer vacation. You will have to take only 10 school days off for your child who is in Class 1.

If you don't meet this year , you may or may not be able to meet next year as every year has its own new issues :new job , transfer, illnesses blah blah !!

What will you do ? Will you let your child miss 10 days of school to meet your sibling in another Country ?(whom you haven't met in 3 years)
Or will you pay importance that my child must not miss even a day of school even in Class 1 ???????????????

Plz think and answer !!

popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:49am | IP Logged

Question:

Whats CLASS1?Confused

Priya

sanya_s Senior Member
sanya_s
sanya_s

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Very long question...hmm..I think I'll go and meet my sibling..coz I havent seen her 4 so long and may not b able to..and my child is in class 1... I can teach him stuff..and anyways..I may have to take leave some year.
delilah Goldie
delilah
delilah

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:31am | IP Logged
I would go and meet my sibling..
I mean if my daughter is only in the 1st grade,I really wuldnt mind if she missed 10 - 20 days of school but it may be bad discipline for the child..but then one does need a braek once in a while and I coukd of course teach her whatever she would miss!!

Tumhari_Khushi IF-Sizzlerz
Tumhari_Khushi
Tumhari_Khushi

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:17am | IP Logged
I would definetly go and meet my sibling especially as I haven't seen him / her for so long.

If my daughter is in 1st class, it won't be too tragical if she misses 10 school days.

Sometimes family comes first Smile
DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:38am | IP Logged
At the age of 6 - school shouldn't be most important in a child's life - yes it is extremely important, but a child should know her family and understand where he or she comes from. The child should be comfortable with family and missing a few days of school also teaches responsibility as one will need to catch up.

Missing school at that age really isn't a tragedy and as a parent I will also need to teach my child so getting the syllabus on the missed lessons and teaching my child will be my duty and something I would happliy do in order to meet my brother os sister.

And one more point: my visit to my siblings will not be at the expense of my childs education because I will ensure that my child does not feel that she has missed out on lessons as I will teach her everything that she has missed so that she is on par with her lessons at school.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Bottom line I would go meet my sibling. Guess it's ok if kids miss 10 days in 1st grade.

Edited by sowmyaa - 21 March 2006 at 12:32pm
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:50am | IP Logged
my sibling most positively. if anybody in the family (husband, in laws etc) has objections that a 6 yr old is missing school, and that it is imperiative that she does not miss a single day, they are welcome to keep the child and make sure she misses nothing while i traipse off to meet my sibling Big smile   oh and i mean this!!!

Go to top