Richard Harris Competition - Task 1!

popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

Task 1 -

Part 1:

Questionz:

Please PM me the answers, and also label the topic 'Richard Harris Comp - Task 1'

1. When was Richard Harris born?

2. When did he die?

3. Where was he born?

4. In total, how many movies did he starr in?

5. Which movie did he DIRECT and WRITE? In what year?

6. What ended his aspirations of a rugby career?

7. Why did he agree to take part in the first movie 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?'

8. What did he recieve from the University of Scrantron in the mid 1980's?

Fill in the blankz:

9. His brother Dermot was married to _________? And she was a ________.

10. He died shortly before the U.S. premiere of _________________.

11. After his death his family members wanted ____________ to take on the role of _________________ in _______________________.

12. Richard graduated from ________________________ but was sadly rejected by _______________________.

13. During his career he played his role as __________ in Camelot. Oliver Cromwell in ___________. ________________________ in Robin and Marian. Roman Emperor Marcus Aurlieus in _____________. And finally, __________________ in the first two Harry Potter movies.

14. Richard gave up ___________ but a decade later he started again.

Part 2: (This can me written here, no PM)

From the questions you have answered, what can you say about Richard Harris and his career or personality or family? Was he a successful human-being, why or why not? (Write a GOOD paragraph..no bullet points!)

If you had a chance to go back in time and meet Richard Harris..what kind of things would you ask him? (This can be written as bullets or can be numbered..be creative when listing your questions).

Good Luck

Task ends next Sunday.

Priya

**Please DO NOT post ANY comments!!!!! If you have ANY questions PM me!**

Edited by i_luv_jay_sean - 20 March 2006 at 12:46am

albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
hey can I paticipate....

regards,

tejas
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

hey can I paticipate....

regards,

tejas

Absolutely! Everyone can participate!

Priya

alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by i_luv_jay_sean

Part 2: (This can me written here, no PM)

From the questions you have answered, what can you say about Richard Harris and his career or personality or family? Was he a successful human-being, why or why not? (Write a GOOD paragraph..no bullet points!)

First of all I wud say, I didn't know anything about Richard Harris!! But Albus Dumbledore has been and is my most favourite charater in HP and the title of this thread just caught my eye… and I was I like 'I got to take part in this, I just have to'… I searched for a lot of info on Richard Harris and what I can say about him is tht this man was amazing. His career started with AaK in 1965 but he bloomed in 1967 with Camelot. He did sort of dull down in between but then was hot property for the directors again with Gladiator in 2000 and then rocked the hearts of millions of Harry Potter fans like me when he took on the part of Albus Dumbledore in H P a t S S and H P a t C o S. About his personality, I think he was a aggressive yet sensitive man. Aggressive when he wanted the things to go his way, there is this small part I read in his biography… he was once told by a theater owner to look over the pple who were making a lot of noise while he went out for a smoke, R.H made him promise half price to the ticket for the next show and when the owner was back it was pin-drop silence in the theatre… this the owner thought he was rough and aggressive but I think he was rough but respected too. His decrease in health in between tells us about him being sensitive as I said before…. His intake of alcohol was high twice, those two times are when he divorced his wives which had brought him near his end but then he proved tht he is a determined man and his determination helped him cut off his drinking habit totally.

Overall, I would say he was a successful man in his own special way; a successful man is a person who knows how to keep his professional life untouched by his personal life. And Richard Harris has proved us that he was a Successful actor and a Successful Human-Being altogether.

Originally posted by i_luv_jay_sean

If you had a chance to go back in time and meet Richard Harris..what kind of things would you ask him? (This can be written as bullets or can be numbered..be creative when listing your questions).

How was it doing the role of king Arthur in Camelot?

How was it doing the role of Albus Dumbledore and being adored by loads of kids who loved him play the part?

If he wudnt have seen the poster of Henry IV tht nite, wud he still be an actor??

Why did he start taking drugs??

Can he relate himself to any character he has played??

albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

UPDATE: PM.ed you the answers priya have you recd them.....

tejas

Originally posted by Priya

Richard Harris; hmmmm let me think.... Describing people like Richard in a few words or sorting them into Black or White is not an easy task... People like richard are the ones we sort into shades of grey...  As a role model Richard would have in his early life failed very badly. I mean which parents would like to have hedontist, drunkard, for a role model for his son.... but when we look at his later years we see the maturity that came with age. Even being at the peak of his Movie career Richard chose to gave enough time to Artier movies like Major Dundee (Personally Recommended by me.), Camelot (another masterpiece).

Then came a really lul period before the meaty role of John Morgan in 'A Man Called Horse' and Kevin Costner's 'Dance with the Wolves', both of which got him tremendous critical acclaim. But even after having married the second time peace of mind, eluded the formative star.... he got heavily into drinking and then in 1978 nearly died from an cocaine over-dose.

From all these points I would rather say that as an Actor he had his share of ups and downs.. simmilarly on his personal and family front too he suffered from bouts  of depression (when he got into drinkin n  doing drugs). But as a person though I think he has always moved ahead in the right direction... which can be seen immensely in his portrayals in his movies....

All in all I would say that Richard was very much like an ordinary person who was determined to put himself into extraordinary circumstances and was determined to excel in whatever was put to him... He was gentle at heart but rough and agressive on the exterior........  even at the fag end of his life we see the inner strength, the zeal and determination he was made up of in his fight against Hodgkin's Disease. His never say die attitude was evident in his last stages where he fought against the disease till he could, before finally succumbing to it... that is the steel that richard harris was made up of.... the simple son of a farmer who went on to steel the hearts of a zillion people. And of millions of children when he played the role of Albus Dumbledore. His portrayal of Dumbledore is considered more true to the books than Miachel Gambon who many potter fans think is a bit too loud for the subtle charecter that Dumby really is. (I'm sure most of the Potter fans here will agree with me on thisWink.)

Perhaps Clint Eastwood (his contemporary) summed up his charecter the best on the eve of his death; "He was a slightly mad Irishman and a truly gifted performer". As Allan Rickman also said "He knew how to live life to the fullest".

Originally posted by Priya

We'll now thatz a really difficult question to put to his fans...( I'm sure they'll be at a loss of words when they see his towering figure, but I guess I'll try)

What was his first Impression of the charecter Dumbledore when he first read the book? If ever he would have not joined the movies then what he would have been? What was your first reaction when you opened you eyes in the hospital after a near fatal overdose of cocaine?
  • What was the one fear that you dreaded the most in your life.

we'll thatz about all......

tejas

Edited by albusdumbledore - 27 March 2006 at 7:36am
ishu124 Goldie
ishu124
ishu124

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
ohh kay gud luck to every1 Big smile Clap ...im not particpatin u can count on me to cheer!!! Wink
alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:18am | IP Logged
i kno v arent supposed to post nething else over here....
but, isnt ne1 else takin part?? and when is the 1st task goin to end??
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by alia

i kno v arent supposed to post nething else over here....
but, isnt ne1 else takin part?? and when is the 1st task goin to end??

Sorry about that, I totally forgot that I was doing the Richard Harris Comp hereEmbarrassed..the next task 2 with either be posted tomorrow or Thursday..and if there arent enough participants there will only be 2 winners I guess..

Priya

Go to top