Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Katrina longs to work with Hrithik
Source: IANS. Image Source: santabanta
New Delhi, Mar 18: Actress Katrina Kaif says Amitabh Bachchan has been the greatest influence on her during her brief career in Bollywood but the one star she longs to work with is Hrithik Roshan.

"I get tired and Amitji is still full of energy and still standing on the sets. It's amazing to see that kind of dedication and professionalism. And he looks much less than his age," Katrina said on the sidelines of a function where she launched Kodak's latest digital offering, the EasyShar V570.

She has already worked with the senior and junior Bachchans ("Boom", "Sarkar") and with Salman Khan ("Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya?"), finding the entire experience extremely rewarding.

"It's been great. I've been very lucky to work with more experienced actors early on in my career because I get a chance to learn from them. There is so much you can learn from them. You can just follow them and you'll be pretty safe," she maintained.

Katrina is now working with Akshay Kumar and the three Deols - Dharmendra and sons Sunny and Bobby - and a trifle shyly says there's one star she'd love to be paired with.

"Umm...let's see. Definitely I'd like to work with Hrithik Roshan," she said.

But that will have to wait till Katrina's three current projects are canned. These are "Hum Ko Dewana Kar Gaye" with Akshay, "Apne" with the three Deols and Ram Gopal Varma's "Sholay" remake in which she is cast in Jaya Bahaduri's widow role.

Of these, "Hum Ko Dewana..." excites Katrina the most.

"I play a young girl. She comes from a very rich family and is green around the ears. There is a chance meeting with a guy (Akshay). He shows her what she can achieve and gives her an insight into her life that she didn't have.

"The previous one ('Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya?') was a comedy. This is more serious. It's very romantic; there are beautiful emotions in the film," the actor added.

Katrina gushed about her experience of working with Akshay.

"He is great with newcomers. He makes you feel comfortable and that's important because it creates a great environment for working, where the actors feel free and that's what I really felt in this film," she maintained.

Having acted only in multi-starrers, is she now looking for a solo role?

"Well, once people see 'Hum Ko Dewana...' they will fully understand it's entirely my film. The film revolves around the story of the girl I play. Akshay Kumar is there solo and the other characters just revolve around us," Katrina said. "This is my first solo lead as an actress."

Does she consider her inability to speak Hindi spontaneously a handicap?

"Hindi is not a problem because somebody else writes the lines for me. I've had a very easy time. I've done Hindi films, Telugu films, Malayalam films and I'm getting quite used to it all. But, in everyday life, yes, there is a problem," she admitted.

Katrina first hit the headlines while walking on London's fashion runways till the Bollywood bug bit her.

As for her mantra for a healthy life, she said: "Exercise, eat well. You've got to be careful about what you eat because Indian food tends to be way too oily. Try to eat more healthy food - more vegetables, more fish.

"I like Japanese food because it's very healthy, it's delicious - I like that kind of taste - not too much spice and at the same time, there's no oil, there's no fat.

"The other thing is getting up early, not oversleeping, going to the gym, going to work on time."

Asked where she sees herself five years from now, Katrina laughed and said: "Oh I don't know. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollywoodbabe thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
who doesnt long to b with Hrithik!!! 😆