Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Video: Nivedita & Ankur's Interview

Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
NETV which is North Eastern Television did a comprehensive interview of Nivedita and Ankur just a few days after their Wedding. It is a pretty long and well done interview which aired yesterday.

Click Here To Watch

They truly do make a beautiful couple & I wish them a happy married life.

YOUTUBE
Part 1
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zI1avuU4Lg[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32GrF4ZM5k[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the interview transcript since there are no subs...

Interview Transcript:

Interviewer: Hello & Welcome to our Popular Program. Today we are going to introduce you to someone who you might wonder who she is but her face is known on television. In the serial Bhagonwali, the lead role is performed by Nivedita Tiwari. She's here today with her husband, Ankur Pegu. Before I go into why she's here today, and what's so special about our interview I'd like to welcome them both to our program.

(Turning towards Ankur & Nivedita)

I'd like to welcome you both to our show, and congratulate you on your recent nuptials. It's only been a few days since your marriage; you both were married on the fourth, so you've spent a few moments together. I'd like to give my viewers an introduction on why Nivedita is present here. She is here not only because of her role in Bhagonwali but also because she has become a daughter in law of Assam (NETV is an Assamese Channel). Ankur Pegu is from Assam and has grown up and been raised here in Assam and they've just been married on the fourth and we've snatched them and bought them to our studio right after their marriage.

First in the start of the show, as the show is processing, we'll get to the serial later but first we'd like to ask Nivedita, who is also fondly called Anu at home, the way you two met is, to me is something different, since you're from Faizabad in Lucknow, and Ankur is from Assam, so both you come from a different state and different background, traditions, language, etc.  but you're going to spend your life together. You tell us first.

Nivedita: All these differences don't matter once a person knows another person and is binded in marriage. I think they say love has no language and I guess those lines are blurred and we don't really see those kind of differences.

I: These differences don't matter and as a proof she is here dressed very traditionally and is looking very beautiful. Ankur, you're not going to compliment her?

Ankur:  In fact I've been unable to take my eyes of her.

I: What I meant is the traditional dress you've worn, I myself am really fond of it and you're truly looking very pretty, Ankur, would you like to add something?

A:  In fact when she'd first come wearing a lengha, people told me that I've been staring at her only, and now in the past four, or is it five days, so I've not been able to take my eyes off her, even though we've known each other possibly for four years, but this is a new experience for me.

I: Definitely and it looks like she's not going to leave you. Nivedita is definitely feeling shy.

N: This is a little new as usually showing his affection like that publicly is different, I'm surprised, because normally he doesn't express it, but of course I feel nice.

I: I've heard that Ankur is very quiet and doesn't say much usually and keeps his word close to his heart. But I'm glad that you're speaking with us and expressing yourself since you speak very little.

N: That too in front of everyone.

I: One more special thing I'd like to ask/highlight that, Ankur, you have been brought up here with a different culture and yet the marriage that took place was done in a more North Indian fashion, so did it cause any drama? What I mean is in family usually you have some kind of drama, that didn't happen?

A: I was kind of half expecting that something like that would happen but neither from her family nor mine there was any drama.

N: Ankur has this love for a sense of adventure so he thought something spicy, or dramatic would happen, but unfortunately for him and fortunately for me it didn't happen.

A: I always wanted to elope, but it never happened.

I: It's okay your dream didn't come true but I'd consider it very lucky that there were no problems from either side of the family. But both of you have known each other for a while now, and have come to know each other quite well, so I'd like to ask you what is the one thing about Ankur that annoys you or irritates you about him. A trait he shouldn't have.

N: I'm a lot more impulsive and sometimes when I get angry or have something in my mind I speak it but he tends to believe that if you don't do anything about it will calm down on its own. He doesn't react even if I'm angry. Sometimes I feel like he's indifferent. But inherently I think these small differences are what binds us together. Maybe if we were too similar, we'd be bored of each other.

I: What about you? (looking at Ankur) Anything other than her anger.

A: There is another thing that I was going to get to. She sometimes doesn't eat for sustenance, like she won't eat, just survive on air and water, and sometimes not even water, because she feels like she will look bloated on the screen.

N: You're not supposed to say things like that.

I: A lot of the secrets are coming out for both of you. One of the things I like is that you both know each other so well and recognize each other and understand each other. Like earlier when were wertalking before the interview what attracted me and what the viewers might also like to know is the way you both knew what the other was thinking or going to say. I'm going to test both of you later on how well you know each other towards the end. Now we'd like to know more about your professional life. You've done the serial Bhagonwali. What is interesting is that you were one of the three nominated for Ballika Vadhu to play the lead character. That is when you were first seen on screen then, and maybe you weren't successful in getting that role but after that you've been successful in landing Bhagonwali.

N: Bhagonwali truly bought good fortune for me.

(Old Bhagonwali Promo *sigh*)

N: It was pretty interesting, and it was something different. I had just tried for Ballika Vadhu and nothing had happened  and then later everything happened so fast that I didn't realize it was on such a big scale so didn't feel like a big deal at the moment. Then the Production Company of Bhagonwali got a hold of me I guess from that and called me for audition. So the process started from there and the rest is'

I: So it didn't take too long'a year or so?

N: Yeah it's not been too long that I've been working regularly, besides Bhagonwali I've done a few small roles in films. Like a short film that just recently won an award at a film festival (those curious she's talking about her film Kharoch). I haven't done anything on a grand scale. There was one more named Khap that were based on honour killings, based in Haryana.

I: The one with Om Puri Ji?

N: Yes, Om Puri Ji, Goving Namdeo Ji were there. So that was a really nice experience. So I'm not completely inexperienced but you can still say I'm pretty much new because you can't really say that I'm experienced. So it's been a year, and we'll see what happens further. It feels nice.

I: True, she's spend a year in Mumbai as an actress, but now she's become a daughter in law of Assam and we too have some hopes and expectations that maybe you'll act in Assam, so are there any plans to act in Assam films? Any desires?

N: I think there are some mainstream regional films, and I'm not referring entirely about films that are made for the common masses but also parallel cinema. I mean there are some really good quality regional films that are made regardless of where they are made. So there is Jahnu Bharwa and Manju Bharwa who I've heard a lot about and they've received a lot of awards as well. So once Bhagonwali does end, I'd like to do more movies. I mean it will be a great honor and by God's grace if it happens.

I: If Bhagonwali works it fortune

N: Yes if Bhagonwali works it fortune. So these two directors if I get the opportunity I'd definitely like to work with them.

I: So as Nivedita wishes we too wish to see her in Assam films and don't be surprised if you do see her in some short films as she has become a part of Assam now. Now to Ankur, we'd like to know more about you and what you do? How your journey from IIT Mumbai  where you studied. So your journey you'd planned and then you'd met her and then bought her to Assam. What would you like to say about your journey?

A: The journey was pretty long but the journey spent with her was a new experience for me, because I was from such a profession where I didn't have any contact with anyone from film, media profession. Then to meet someone who has a different outlook, different common friends, working hours, and everything is so different, so I think for me my life has become richer.

I: Do you get angry?

A: She gets angry a lot. In a day if she doesn't curse once or twice'no not curses sorry.

I: You both have completely different hours. She sometimes works 18-20 hrs. So what do you do? You're currently operating a company called Swasth India.

A: I have a social enterprise. So I've spent seven years working a regular job and it's been three years since I opened a social enterprise. As you mentioned it is called Swasth India, and we operate health centers for the needy and poor. We give them insurance, medicine for cheap. We're not a non-profit organization but a company where the people contribute and volunteer their services.

I: I've heard a lot about Nivedita and Ankur and in my own personal opinion I do believe that opposites do attract and our differences in some way do bring us closer. We will share much more information reveal more secrets of Ankur and Nivedita so don't go anywhere we will be right back.

I: Welcome Back and we're here with both Nivedita and Ankur. There's much more to reveal about Ankur, as you've been accused of being very quiet, and she's accused you of it. Do you speak very little?

A: Not at all.

I: I also didn't feel it at all for even a moment.

N: I'm also learning some new things about him from this show, so the credit goes to you.

I: Oh, thank you. I'll take the credit then. There's something I'd like to say to both of you. There are many differences, when we've chatted, be it your nature or work or place. Keeping those aside what are the things that attracted you to each other. What are the things you like about Ankur?

N: I think there are small things that are different about us but his profession is one of the things that attracted me to him. The other thing, since I have a background in literature, I've been interested in reading and poetry for a while now, so one of the first things about him that attracted him was that he writes Haikus, which is a form of Japanese poetry. So I read and noticed that it's quite deep and meaningful, so I felt wowed. So I think if your relationship is compatible on an intellectual level as well then it becomes much more easier and interesting as these are the small factors that matter the most in maintaining a relationship. That and love, of course, makes a relationship go and work, but in addition respect for each other as a person and as a human being. I'm not just saying it like that because even if I'd never married him, I would have great respect for him because of what he is doing and the person he is.

I: So Ankur, even she writes and has a fondness for writing poetry and has expressed great desire to write more and you write as well so what else do you like about Nivedita. What else do you find so special?

A: Ah'that list is endless' As she said, we like reading books, so now I think in our house the space is less for our books. We read books we exchange notes, in fact when she's on the sets she always jots down notes on her electronic book reader and then we exchange notes over texts. So for me despite the fact that her profession consumes a lot of her time, she takes the time to read books which are intellectual a thing that resonates between both of us, and the other thing, anyone falls for a pretty face.

I: See he hasn't left any stone unturned. Till now he's only been praising you, he's not said anything negative about you. Even when we'd chatted earlier except about you getting angry.

N: I think we girls have that right since birth to have a little temper.

I: So I've found out another thing that you sing. Ankur, what do you say, shall we make her sing?

A: She can sing.

I: So which song would you sing for us?

N: I have a fondness for older songs and a lot of people like the older songs, so if there is anything you'd like to hear I can sing it if I know.

I: Anything you like from your heart, then we might take requests or Ankur can suggest a song.

N: So then this'

I: *interrupting* Who are you singing for?

N: *points to Ankur before singing*

I: Ankur, how did you like it?

A: Actually it was a revelation for me. I've heard many times that she sings very well. I've never heard it myself

N: And he never took it seriously.

A: I've never taken it seriously. I thought she was just a regular bathroom singer till I heard sing once on the screen. Till that time her mom used to say it, her friends used to say it, and I used to call them a fraud.

I: Now it has been proved that she can sing well. And you sing as well.

A: I don't sing at all.

I: Does he sing?

N: Actually he doesn't sing.

I: We'd like to hear something from you. She sang for you so we'd like to hear something from you as well.

A: Okay so as she said I write Haikus which is a Japanese form of poetry that are usually consists of three lines, and alternate between five syllables, then seven then five again. This Haiku I'd written on the day of our marriage, named "A Fresh Start". Haikus are supposed to be very profound and very short, though'

N: 'precision is the key.

A: So it goes like this'

Leaves turning to gold

I think I still know all the words

N: To that old love song

A: To that old love song

I: Very nice. You can tell you've written it with great feeling. So we've talked a lot with you both. I like the way you both talk about each other and express and explain things about each other. We've said a lot about both Ankur and Nivedita. It has been a great pleasure and you both are a beautiful couple. Wishing you both the very best for the future from my entire team and channel and from my side as well. Would you both like to add something in the end?

N: All I'd like to say it feels really nice to be a part of Assam, and with Ankur, and I truly mean this, that spending time with Ankur, it's very rare that you find someone who's your soulmate in true sense, and I think that I'm really lucky, I'm a true Bhagonwali to have him in my life.

I: Definitely and I'd like to tell both of you that both of you're starting a new venture together, and wishing you both the best. Ankur, would you like to add any final words?

A: In fact I'm speechless. People often ask me how has life changed after marriage and if things are different, and I've told people that there isn't really a change but I think there is a change. Before I was not so shy but after marriage I've become more shy.

I: It's become opposite now. Was she shy before or now more?

A: No now she's become absolutely shameless.

N: I am just like I was before.

A: No you're more shameless now.

N: Okay fine

I: It was a great pleasure to talk to you both. Congratulations and well wished for your future. May you keep on smiling and hope we'll get to interview you both again in the future.

Viewers, I guess you can't call this the end of the show as it just a beginning of a new chapter for Nivedita and Ankur, a new beginning, with new thoughts as both have much to do in the future, Ankur with his company, and Nivedita has also expressed her interest in working in Assam so from my side I too wish that we get to see her on the screen in Assam. For today that's it. Lots of well wishes and thanks to the both of you.

Ankur & Nivedita: Thank You

Edited by Wafah - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SushmaGill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOW!!!! Wafah ty so much for taking the time to write  the english translation...it's greatly appreciated and you are a superstar for it  ⭐️
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks Wafah for posting this and for the translation...Thank you for taking the time to do this...Very appreciated...👏⭐️

GuRuluv thumbnail
Thanks Wafah for your time and efforts to post the interview and the English translation of the whole conversation. Really enjoyed the interview. Nivedita and Ankur both were looking lovely. The thing I liked most was their simplicity and love that showed up in all of their answers. Great work...Thanks again Wafah.
godblessall thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wafah...you are the superstar...so devoted and dedicated...how did you come to know about this show...

Nivedita and Ankur are wonderful together...wish them a long and happy married life...feeling very happy for them...

Another point I want to highlight...Nivetita is one of the few actors who look much more beautiful in her off screen look, than the on screen...she has a natural glam , I hope the cvs of Bhagonwali use this much more efficiently...
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Wafah!!  It really was a great interview!  I'm glad you were able to record it 😊

Also... Stalker Samachar Inc...ROFL.
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: godblessall

Wafah...you are the superstar...so devoted and dedicated...how did you come to know about this show...

Nivedita and Ankur are wonderful together...wish them a long and happy married life...feeling very happy for them...

Another point I want to highlight...Nivetita is one of the few actors who look much more beautiful in her off screen look, than the on screen...she has a natural glam , I hope the cvs of Bhagonwali use this much more efficiently...

Thanks...I was only the recorder of the interview the information came from our original Samacharji & the newly promoted Samacharji..they are the all knowing reporters I'm just the cameraman :P and transcriber...
00093 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Wafah for posting this nice interview. Nivedita and Ankur both looking nice . Once again a very happy married life & beautiful future from all  BBAT fans. Edited by 00093 - 12 years ago
pressu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Wafah Di
I really don't want to comment on any news but when i saw your post and i can't stop to appreciate you Di
Thanks for the effort and time.

jps01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wafah Di, Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule and translating this for us. Really appreciated!!👏

Very good article also.
Edited by jps01 - 12 years ago