Huffman Tells Truth About Motherhood

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Huffman Tells Truth About Motherhood

By WENN| Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Felicity Huffman

HOLLYWOOD - Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman resents the constant pressure put upon modern women to be the perfect parent.
The award-winning actress and mother of two daughters, Sofia, six, and Georgia, three, feels strongly that women should be free to complain about raising their children - because parenthood is the hardest job in the world.

She says, "In the new millennium, we're fighting against the icon of the perfect mother. In America, you're not allowed to talk about how it's driving you crazy, or how you don't like it, or how, if you have to give a bath one more time, you're going to pull your hair out. Because then you're considered a bad mom.

"There's a very established conversation or litany, which is, 'Isn't motherhood the best?' To me that question just isn't applicable. You can complain about your job, your husband, your friends, but God forbid you complain about your kids.

"I'm not the greatest mother--I find motherhood really challenging, and really exhausting and really frustrating. I'm not saying this to get up on a soapbox, but because it's how I really feel.

"I know that it's not everyone's experience and I'm not saying that--some people move into it with great harmony and equilibrium--but there are people like me who don't, and they should be able to say that."

Source: Hollywood

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 3:01am | IP Logged
thanx for the info Tongue
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top