India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) (Page 54)

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:34am | IP Logged
LOL.Okay Sam start developing a habit of reading a lot by reading my postsWink,I am sure you will be the topper.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged
A R Rahman is WorldSpace's new Brand ambassador
IndiaFM | Thursday, 30 March , 2006, 15:13
WorldSpace, India's only digital satellite radio service has roped in A R Rahman as their brand ambassador. Rahman will now produce a WorldSpace promotional song and also endorse its products. Says Shishir Lall, Managing Director of WorldSpace India that they are delighted to team up with a musical genius like Rahman who is world renowned for his works. On the other hand, Rahman is also very pleased to be associated with a service like WorldSpace which believes in providing extensive music of various genres to its audiences.

This will be the second time that A R Rahman is going to endorse a brand nationally. Prior to this, he had done a similar endorsement for Airtel. He had also produced a theme music for the brand. Let's hope that the man does that magic again but this time for WorldSpace.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Indiantelevision.com's Media, Advertising, Marketing Watch

WorldSpace signs on A R Rahman as brand ambassador

Indiantelevision.com Team

(28 March 2006 8:30 pm)

MUMBAI: WorldSpacer Satellite Radio has signed on music director and composer A R Rahman as its national brand ambassador. As part of the company's advertising and promotional activity designed to reach music lovers across the country, Rahman will produce an exclusive WorldSpace song and endorse WorldSpace products.

Since his introduction to Indian cinema, Rahman has composed music and soundtracks for innumerable films such as Roja, Rangeela and Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India amongst others.

"We are delighted to partner with the musical genius of A R Rahman, as he is world-renowned for bringing global rhythms and Indian tunes together to create a distinctive international sound. Our association with A R Rahman fits perfectly with our goal as we set out to define the future of radio in India and extend the service to music lovers across genres," said WorldSpace India managing director Shishir Lall.

"WorldSpace is the only satellite radio service in India offering the widest platform for music in the country with over 40 dedicated channels that showcase a bouquet of genres from Carnatic music to Hip-Hop. It is my pleasure to be associated with a brand that provides such an extensive range of music. I look forward to working with WorldSpacer Satellite Radio in bringing the future of radio entertainment to people across India," said Rahman.

Edited by sweetdisha - 17 April 2006 at 8:58am
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweetdisha

LOL.Okay Sam start developing a habit of reading a lot by reading my postsWink,I am sure you will be the topper.

ohhh disha, i thought u r my sweet little sister, but it seems now dat u r my elder sisCry

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:40am | IP Logged
LOL
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweetdisha

LOL

dont laughAngry

LOLLOL

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Okay i will not LOL, but b4 being Angry, plz read the 2nd line of my siggyWink
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Chaiyya Chaiyya plays in Hollywood

Arthur J Pais | April 17, 2006 21:11 IST

Eight years ago, perhaps two million people heard the song Chaiyya Chaiyya in movie theatres while watching the film Dil Se. By Sunday, at least 18 million movie fans will have heard the song, not once but twice, in more than 3,000 theatres in over a dozen countries including America, Canada, Britain and Italy, after watching the hit film Inside Man. The movie is in
its fourth week. With more countries to be added, the thriller starring Denzel Washington and directed by Spike Lee will soon have many more millions listening to the song at the very start of the film. And at its end.

The song has nothing to do with the film's theme, except that it caught Spike Lee's attention when the musical Bombay Dreams with A R Rahman's music was on Broadway over a year ago. Chaiyya Chaiyya was one of its highlights. The song sequence also received applause in the London version where, unlike on Broadway, the show was a big hit.

There are two versions of the song in Inside Man, which opened at the number one position in North America three weeks ago, and has grossed a strong $115 million worldwide so far. The first time, we hear the original recording, with a bit of enhanced music. The second time around, a hip-hop song is laid atop the Sukhvinder Singh number.

Although Bollywood songs are occasionally featured in Western films including Moulin Rouge, this is perhaps the first time a Bollywood song is heard over six minutes in a Hollywood film. That too in a film far bigger than Moulin Rouge. While that film grossed about $140 million worldwide, Inside Man could end its run with more than $160 million.

Audiences and critics were surprised and, in some cases, startled by the inclusion of the song.

"The opening and closing musical tracks of Spike Lee's Inside Man immediately attracted the attention of film critics and moviegoers alike because Lee chose an unexpected piece of Bollywood music as a curtain-raiser for his urban thriller," wrote Hollywood Reporter. The influential trade publication quoted the film's composer Terence Blanchard, saying that the song was in perfect keeping with Lee's "distinct musical choices."

Some critics had no idea what the song was about. While Blanchard says Lee chose the number to give "an energetic edge" to the bank heist thriller, a handful of critics begged to differ. The music "sounds like some sort of African or possibly middle-eastern folk music with a techno/funk edge," wrote The Northern Light. "It's a strange choice for a film about a New York
bank robbery."

The inclusion of the song could not have come as a bigger surprise to Rahman. When a reporter told him that 2006 could be his best year -- with half a dozen of his songs in the $20 million plus The Lord of the Rings now being staged in Toronto, and Rang De Basanti turned into a big hit -- Rahman merely said: "No one can plan anything like this. All this means that while I have to work even harder, it is also a reminder that one must remain humble even more than ever."

Go to top