Music Corner
Music Corner

A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) (Page 38)

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 10 April 2006 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sweetdisha

Swetha my dear, u r also doing gr8t jobs.Aur ye batao ki tum mere dil ke bateen hamesha kaise samajh rahe ho?I was just thinking yesterday to have separte thread for pics and as im working in 2 fanclubs i would pm you to form the pic thread,and then i saw this postLOL.Go ahead.I am always with u.
bas dekh lo .. !!Wink  LOLLOL... I will do it .. but just gimme time until the weekend .. coz i have loadza work at school until then .. I dun wanna do it in bits and pieces otherwise therez gonna be no flow .. so i wanna do it all at once .. and it's gonna take some real quality time to do it .. kyun kay organize karnay mein bhi toh time lagta hai ..

okay?Big smile

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Take ur time swetha,expecting a classy thread 4m youSmile
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged

hey disha - me finally here....

you have done a great job sis - my fave ARR composition is title track of "Saathiya"!

Keep up the gr8 work Clap

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Lots of Thanks Jemdi for visiting this thread.I just love u.
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged

Suriya in Kovai!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 08 April , 2006, 12:25

Surya-Jyothika-Bhumika starrer Jillendru Oru Kathal is progressing at brisk pace at a college campus in Coimbatore. Nearly 50 percent of the film has been completed and three out of six songs tuned by A.R.Rahman has been shot.
It is a bilingual film with Tamil and Telugu version and some scenes were shot in Rajamundry. Suriya has a new look for the film which is being kept a secret. Director Krishna is "exploring some new facets of love" in the film.

The buzz on Jillendru Oru Kathal is so good that the Telugu version has been snapped up for a whopping price by the same person who did Chandramukhi in Andhra. In Tamilnadu, three areas have been sold for high prices.

Suriya is shooting in Coimbatore as his dad hails from that town and he has a huge network of friends and relatives there. Remember that Ghajini collected a whopping Rs 1.65 Crore from Coimbatore territory! The highlight of Jillendru Oru Kathal is said to be the strong comeback of A.R.Rahman as the songs are said to outstanding.

The film is scheduled for release on June 23 or 30 and is one of the most exciting romantic movies on the floor.

source:sify.com

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Rang De Basanti's music works

Sukanya Verma | December 12, 2005 18:38 IST

A favourite clich associated with A R Rahman's music is that it takes time to grow on its listener. Perhaps in this day and age of 'fast-food' music, that's too much to ask for. But why not look at it a little more optimistically? That at least one composer stills wants you to soak his tunes in, rather than just twiddle your toes to it. So, let me warn you upfront, if you are looking for elevator music to dance to, you're barking up the wrong tree. While most of his contemporaries are interested in nailing the charttopper slot or remixing their own fare, Rahman makes more music and less sound. It is hardly surprising, then, that when a producer nabs him for a project, he makes the most of it.

In UTV's Rang De Basanti , the composer helms ten songs penned imaginatively by Prasoon Joshi. Directed by Rakeysh Ompraskash Mehra ( Aks ), the movie features Aamir Khan, Soha Ali Khan, Atul Kulkarni, R Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor and Siddharth. Though not really a jingoistic affair, Rang De Basanti, as the graffiti on the CD cover suggests, is about today's generation and its responsibilities.  In Mangal Pandey fashion, the soundtrack begins on a devotional note with the Gurubani prayer, Ek onkar rendered stirringly by Harshdeep Kaur. Spiritual makes way for effervescence in the booming, adrenalin charged, Rang de basanti . You can count on the Punjabi Pop King Daler Mehendi to scoop catchy Tunak tunaks and Ta ra ras from nowhere. Here, his Dingading is as infectious as it gets. Co-singer Chitra is a shrill match to the bhangra star's thrilling vivacity. This potential chartbuster is a Daler show all the way. Welcome to fun school! Paathshala is a rock 'n' roll take on academics, or the lack of it. Rahman's arrangement here is somewhat reminiscent of Lakeer' s Shehzade and Yuva's Dol dol , only less melodic and more bombastic. The Be a rebel version of the same by Blaaze is incomprehensible in the lyrics department. Stimulating in essence and subtly haunting, Tu bin bataye has Madhurshree and Naresh Iyer delicately coo to the eccentric yet enchanting strains. A tad U2ish in flavour but essentially a desi Arabic cocktail, Rahman and company -- Aslam and Nacim (he has also written the Arabic lyrics) -- gyrate nimbly to the exotic beats of Khalbali . Why are most songs with a middle-eastern flavour so stereotypical in nature? Like the quintessential Goan bloke and his accordion?

Khoon chala brews in blazing poetry and quiet drama. A controlled, powerful composition, expounded beautifully in Silk Route frontman Mohit Chauhan's commanding intensity. Tired of hearing Lata Mangeshkar playback for 16-somethings? The legend and her innumerable fans get a much-needed break in Luka chuppi . Oozing maternal instinct and worry as in the nature of a true blue mommy, Mangeshkar plays her part well. Okay, so there are times when she struggles to find ground. But, on such occasions, Rahman also co-starring on the track cleverly underplays her jarring high pitch by shifting the focus to the exhilarating orchestra. Revolutionary Ramprasad Bismil's patriotic verse, which has found its voice in many aspiring nationalists, comes to the forefront once again after the Bhagat Singh movies. This time as Lalkaar in Aamir Khan's ardent and inspiring delivery. Finally, the verve in Rahman and Iyer's voices, coupled with the jingling mood and bouncy guitar play, give Roobaroo the feel of a picnic. What's the soundtrack of Rang De Basanti like? Flawed, but sonorous. Challenging, but genuine. Point is, it works. Correction. It grows.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Indiaglitz.com - Music Review

God Father - Master class
IndiaGlitz  [Friday, February 24, 2006]

No other music director creates such an expectation in the market as Rehman does. In many ways, it is unfair. Like we expect Tendulkar to score a century every time, we want a winner from Rehman every time. The thing he never fails us mostly.

In Godfather too, he has not let us down. Giving a mix of his much-famed orchestration and some new beats, Rehman shows that class is permanent. It may not be his best effort. But at any rate, it betters anything that the competition offers.

Kamma Karaiyal Umma Kodu

The beat and haunting humming set you up for an intriguing mix. This is mass song but with a unique, and different, flavor. It doesn't go over the top. The rendition --- Naresh and Sowmya --- is well controlled. But there is a new feel to the tune and humming. Only the inane lyrics give the game away. Rehman's splendid rhythms again stand out.

Ilamai Vidukathai

The start reminds you of many Rehman songs of ore. The beats too are typical. So is it deja vu time? Certainly not. The song quickly gets into the groove and mood perks up as the singers go in for a spirited rendition. Suresh Peter and Blaze (the rap part) may both mince the words but they sure have a yen for songs that is full of zest and zeal. One for you all those jiving on the dance floor.

Ilamai Vidukathai (remix)

Interestingly this remix provides a better experience than the original. There is more life and gusto. Naresh, Tanvi and Mahathi give their own interpretation and add a piquant spice to overall feeling. Naresh will certainly be a talked about singer after this.

Katril Oru Varthai

Sadhana Sargam starts as beguilingly as only she can. But the tune gets down to some 80s Hindi tabla-dholak tune. Before you wonder what it is, Sadhana reverts to style and simplicity. It is an elegant melody interspersed with some interesting touches the interludes have unmistakable Laxmikant-Pyarelal flavor . SPB adds his own brand of magic to it. So does Reena. All in all, a good potpourri.

Inninisai Azhai (in three variants)

This seems to be the anthem of the album as it is featured thrice. In whichever way you hear it, it is splendid. The remix version in fact is better with Srinivas' inimitable vocal chords. Srinivas is a special talent and he needs to be given more opportunities by our music directors. Naresh's vocals too strike a chord. In some places, it simply holds on to you like a friend. The jathis are energetic. Mahathi's voice contours the essential Hindolam ragam flavor beautifully. Te chorus version grows on you as most Rehman's melodies do. Certainly one for the records.

Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali

Rehman never resorts to musical cliches. He always experiments with the form and flavor. This one is a quaint one. It has a Goanese feel. But he has made it sound more attractive. The interludes are certainly new one, never heard before. There is a slew of singers ---Kalpana, Sonu, Leon, Peer, Renjith. All of them sound alike in the chorus. But it is all fun and unmistakably Rehman!

Theeyil Vizhundh Theenai

Rehman's muse is Sufism. Get that feel as goes hauntingly for the high pitch and then come down to lisp the lyrics. In one word, amazing. Like a cool breeze during sand-paper heat, Rehman's vocals and tunes offer present balm. The rhythms and orchestration are understated. But perfectly in sync with the number.

All in all, another winner from Rehman.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
This ringtone was created by A. R. Rahman specially for Airtel customers.
(For Nokia composer)
AIRTEL - Airtel Advertisement TEMPO:
BPM
2.F1 4C2 8G1 8#G1 8G1 8F1 8#D1 4G1 8F1 8G1 8F1 8#D1 8F1 8G1 4#G1 32G1 4G1 8F1 8#D1 8C1 32- 8C2 8F2 8G2 8#G2 32#A2 32#G2 4.#G2 8#G2 32#A2 16#G2 4#G2 2G2 32G2 4F2 4#D2 1F2

Go to top