sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
The Hindu - News

Sunday, Oct 09, 2005

Rahman rocks the Garden City

Deepa Ganesh

MUSICAL GENIUS: A.R. Rahman lost in his own music.
Photo: Murali Kumar K.

BANGALORE: Dark clouds covered the afternoon sky. But towards early evening it looked bright again. All was well, Bangaloreans thought, and unsurprisingly, all roads did lead to Palace Grounds. It was six, an hour before the much-awaited A.R. Rahman concert by India Classic Arts. The skies opened up and truly, like the adage, it never rains, it pours and there was a downpour. The props on the stage gave way and the 3D gadget conked out, but the 25,000-odd crowd would not move. Every two minutes, young and old, screamed: "We want Rahman." Rahman made a two-second dramatic appearance with a huge umbrella and announced: "These showers are godsend. Give me one hour and I promise you, it will be the best performance so far." And when the performance did begin at 9 p.m., there was much ecstasy, on stage and off stage. The audience could barely sit in their chairs and the singers could not stop smiling and swaying. Rahman barely put his finger on the synthesiser and they knew what song was coming. The opening song was the energetic number from Yuva which Rahman himself performed with his 10-member chorus and elaborate live orchestra. Percussion whiz Sivamani had an elaborate rhythm apparatus. Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam sang quite a few numbers together including the evergreen "Roja Janeman" from Roja . Shankar Mahadevan, Blazee and Rahman belted out "Hamma Hamma", while Kailash Kher stole hearts with his "Mangal Mangal". "Jhanan Jhanan", a duet by Sukhwinder and Sadhana, from the yet to be released Water was outstanding. The surprise was a Kannada translation by P.B. Sreenivos of the lovely Bombay number "Kannaleye" into Kannada, "Oh Iniyane". Chitra, as usual, gave an impeccable rendition with Rahman joining her for the interludes, with his beautiful uncultivated nuances. Bangalore singer Badri Prasad rocked with "Mukkala Mukabala". They sang and sang, but the audience was left craving for more. It was a concert to remember for many years to come.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:01pm | IP Logged

Nila opposite Vijay?

IndiaGlitz [Friday, October 07, 2005]

Nila, who made her debut opposite S J Suryah in the latter's Anbae Aruyirae, is happy not just the movie has had a decent opening.

She is now acting director Dharani's Telugu movie Bangaram starring Pawan Kalyan.

Meanwhile, the actress is tipped to act opposite Vijay for his next movie Puli, which would be directed by her mentor S J Suryah, who introduced her to filmdom.

After Kushi, Puli will be a grand coming together for Suryah and Vijay.

And Suryah, as usual, has pulled a coup of sorts by roping in A R Rehman to score the music.

Suryah is also happy to give Nila another break.

Suryah says, 'Nila is a talented actress and she can play any role with aplomb. I am sure she will do justice to the role'.

An official confirmation on Nila's casting is still expected.

Source: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17240.html

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

A casting coup!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 07 October , 2005, 11:11

Surya and Asin have become the hottest pair of Kollywood after the stupendous success of Ghajini . Their on-screen chemistry was terrific which had a major role in making the film a big hit. Now the latest news is that the hit pair is back once again in Jillennu Oru Kathal .

This unusual triangular love story is produced by Surya's cousin Gjanavel and directed by debutant Krishna. Jyothika plays Surya's wife in the film and it is a casting coup to bring the two leading ladies with the hottest hero in town.

Jillennu Oru Kathal will have music by A.R.Rahman who will compose six melodious songs, camera by R.D.Rajasekhar, editing by Anthony and story is by A.C.Dorai. The shooting will be in Rajamudry, Visakhapatanam, Kovai and Chennai. The songs will be canned in some exotic foreign locales.

This will be Surya's summer 2006 release and already distributors are queuing up to buy the product.

Source: http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13958533

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
oops..
i came in between Embarrassed
sorry friends Smile

neways thanks disha 4 d articles Big smile
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 10:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sammie

well all of ARR composition r in my fav list
u can call me sam, i wont mind
i'll call u disha Smile

Ofcourse sam u can call me disha.

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 10:41am | IP Logged

Hummm so what u r going to contribute in this club????

Originally posted by sammie

no suggestion for rite now, u r doing a superb job Clap

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 10:59am | IP Logged

Rehman and Dr. Kalaam?

Oct 5, 2005, 04:56

A.R. Rehman is the master of the music world. There may not be a soul on earth who does not know him. He has made great successes in many films.

Many films have been on the theatres for a long time just because of his music. He is to give yet another surprise to all his music lovers. He has plans of composing music and singing for a poem penned by the president of India Dr. A.P.J.

Kalaam. Though this news is not thoroughly confirmed, sources say that he will start working on this by the end of this year.

Source: http://www.tamilstar.com/news/publish/article_1650.shtml

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 09 April 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged

A. R. Rehman launches album 'Kailasa'.

Music Director A R Rehman recently launched singer Kailash Kher's debut album titled 'Kailasa' in Mumbai.

The album is named after the band that Kher formed in partnership with music-composers Naresh and Paresh Kamath.

The album has a collection of eight songs. Kailash Kher shot to fame with the haunting and melodious song 'Allah Ke Bande' in 2004.

source: SMASHITS

Edited by A.S.P.I.R.E - 09 April 2006 at 11:03am

Go to top