India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) (Page 3)

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:25am | IP Logged
So members, lets introduce ourselves.Let we know our names,why we like Rahamanji,whats our most favorite song from his gr8t compositions and what would we like to share about him Smile.Let me start.
Its disha here.
Hum.........I like Rahamanji because i love his music and i love his music simply because i cant resist myself Tongue .Sooo touchy compositions, soooooooo lasting impresions......
I know its too difficult to choose any one of his compositions, but I like mustafa mustafa most.
I would like to upload all his compositions that i have in my collection and share those woderful songs with u all.
Waiting for your earliest replies. Smile

doly_455 IF-Rockerz
doly_455
doly_455

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged
i like all his songs and u r absolutely correct its so dam difficult to pick 1....i like his work in movies like dilse,sapney, i love aey ajnabi ...frm dilse a lot!!!
i think we should list his work in our posts...like the no of movies or songs he has worked for?? what say?? Tongue
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:59am | IP Logged

Gr8t idea Dolyji,lets start it.Lekin aj sfref hum tum??baki members kaha hai??

Originally posted by doly_455

i like all his songs and u r absolutely correct its so dam difficult to pick 1....i like his work in movies like dilse,sapney, i love aey ajnabi ...frm dilse a lot!!!
i think we should list his work in our posts...like the no of movies or songs he has worked for?? what say?? Tongue

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:04am | IP Logged
A.R. Rahman, The Music Genius, in fact A.S. Dilip Kumar, was born in a family of music with his father K.A.Sekhar, renowned music director in South India composing music for films in the early childhood of A.R. Rahman.

After the death of his father, A.S Dilip Kumar, renamed himself as A.R. Rahman for his strong faith in ISLAM, began playing key boards at the age of 9. At the age of 11, he was giving accompaniment for under the likes of "IlayaRaja", "M.S.Vishwanathan" and "Ramesh Naidu". The guide lines given to him by these great music directors and the knowledge in music he gained through working with these music composers placed A.R. Rahman in a right place at times of difficulty.

Through all the hardships he faced, he managed to qualify for the scholarship in Trinity Music College Of London. Afterwards, he returned to India with a dream of bringing an international and contemporary world perspective to Indian Music. He put up a state of the art sound and recording studio and began experimenting in sound engineering, sound design and sound production by a collection of sounds creating one of the most comprehensive sonic libraries in ASIA.

A.R. Rahman had to start his career as a commercial music director composing jingles for ad campaigns that include leading Indian Corporations as "Parry's", "Tata", "Titan" and others for six years until when, at a party, he was, quite unexpectedly, previleged to be introduced to one of the best directors in India, Mani Ratnam who had given him a chance in his movie that launched A.R. Rahman's debut and amazingly shot him to the limelight.

In a music world dominated filmi scores, A.R. Rahman has scored about a dozen hit films in a span of eight years, whose audio sales crossed 2.5 million units. The first movie, "ROJA" fetched A.R. Rahman the "National Film Award" in 1992 and thrust him on to the top place. In 5 years since, he scored music for a lot of block buster films namely - "Pudhiya Mugam", "Gentleman", "Kizhaku Seemalyilae", "Duet", "KADALAN", "Bombay", "May", "Madbam", "Indian", "Mutbu Kadal Desam","Love Birds", "Jeans", "Oke Okkadu", etc,.

In 1995, his sound track for "Bombay" crossed sales of 5 million units signalling A.R. Rahman's arrival as the "King of Indian Pop" with sales of more than 40 million albums over a period of three years. Today, A.R. Rahman is the heart throb of the music world and all time great music directors in the field. He, in "ROJA" proved that the traditional tunes too could touch the hearts. And songs as "Thiruda Thiruda", "Gentleman", "Rangeela", "Kaghal Desam" and "Minsara Kanavu" established him as a prodigy.

A.R. Rahman, being very much religious and totally dedicated to his craft, has a great love for music of different traditions. "Bach", "Beethoven", "Mozart", "Reggae", "Rock" and "Carnatic" music are his first priorities. His inspirational, infectious numbers won him a lot of praise in India. The Tamil movie "Minsara Kanavu" earned him the award for "Best Music" in May '97. He has been honoured with a "Rajat Kamal Award" for "Best Music Director", "The FilmFare Award", "Cinema Express Award", "Telugu Academy Puraskar Award" for the year 1992-94, "Bommala Nagi Reddy Award", "Sumu Award", "Rajiv Gandhi Award" and etc,.

A.R. Rahman has been hailed as a music genius by world artists including "Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan", with whom he performs a duet in his first pop album, Vande Mataram. He is involved in projects with "Zakir Hussain", "David Byrne", "Talvin Singh" and "Apache Indian". Internationally too, A.R. Rahman has remarkable recognition that "David Byrne" was so impressed and asked him to take part in a few sessions for his new project. Personally, A.R. Rahman has a passion to sing in the filmi tracks. Vande Mataram, his first pop album is the first to showcase him as a singer and his ambition to place his sound track on the world music stage. A concert was held in "Kaula Lampur" in Oct 1965 where he performed in front of a crowd of 45000.

As an individual personality, A.R. Rahman leads an extremely devote religious life and credits all his musical inspiration to ALLAH. He comes across to say, " music speaks, statements don't and none can completely be original because the notes are already there: from the notes we form a rag and from rag a tune. It's the methodology. As far as i can, to my conscience, I try to be original. The rest is upto ALLAH". As A.R. Rahman takes his new project, Vande Mataram, to the world, he reflects on his immense popularity on the sub-continent and the globe as he says, "music is international - only cultures are different". A.R. Rahman, 30 years now, has still a long way to go ahead.

The ABOVE ARTICLE WAS GOTTEN OFF THE INTERNET

I like AR a lot his ROja was a masterpiece, I likelots of his otherworks and think he is great. Clap

Edited by teenindia_usa - 21 March 2006 at 10:05am
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Hi,teenindia_usa,wellcome to ARR Fan Club.I have already enlisted u in our members list Smile .And let me thank u for such an informative post.
.Please suggest how can we improve our fan club, what else u want to know about him.Plz feel free to post anything u like about him.Let we know your name,why u like Rahamanji,whats your most favorite song from his gr8t compositions and what would u like to share about him

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:43am | IP Logged

More about Rahmanji

Since Roja hit movie screens in South India in 1992, A.R. Rahman has been redefining the country's widely popular film music. Generally regarded as the finest Indian film composer of his time (and certainly the most commercially successful), Rahman produced music for nearly 35 wide-screen releases during his first five years in the industry. He has worked with many of his country's brightest music stars and a growing list of international luminaries like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Zakir Hussain, L. Shankar, Apache Indian, and David Byrne.

Born A.S. Dileep Kumar on January 6th, 1966, in Madras, India, Allah Rakha Rahman was exposed to music from the time he was a child, entered in classical piano studies by his parents at the age of four. At 16, he quit school and was following in his father's footsteps (K.A. Sekhar was a successful film musician, arranger, and conductor himself), working full-time as a session musician on soundtracks under the popular South Indian composer Illaiyaraja. The monotony soon grew tiring however, and at the suggestion of a colleague, Rahman tried his hand at television commercials, eventually composing over 300 jingles in just five years. It wasn't until 1989 that Rahman planted the first seeds of his film career. That year, he began acquiring the equipment and organizing the sound library for his Panchathan Record Inn. When Sharada Trilok's ad for Leo Coffee (for which Rahman penned the music) won her an award, she introduced the young composer to her cousin, Mani Ratnam. Impressed with his work, the director signed Rahman to compose the music for K. Balachander's 1992 film Roja. Rahman's score, a colorful, uncluttered combination of pop, rock, reggae, and his country's traditional music, reshaped the genre, winning him three awards for Best Music Director. Roja became the equivalent of an Indian crossover success. Originally filmed in South Indian Tamil, it was re-dubbed (and its soundtrack re-recorded) in Hindi, the language of North India's famous film center "Bollywood." His star on the rise, Rahman proceeded to compose music for six films in 1993 and nine in 1994 including the score for Ratnam's Bombay (1995), the story of a Hindu/Muslim marriage in a time of heated relations between the two cultures. Rahman's score displayed a characteristic (and appropriate) disregard for the confines of culture, be they Eastern or Western, once again mixing traditional and modern elements. Bombay was hugely successful and the movie's theme was featured on Talvin Singh's Soundz of the Asian Underground compilation. Rahman became the first Indian artist to sign with Sony Music, negotiating a three-year contract in 1997. His premier release for the label, Vande Mataram (his first collection of non-film music), was a tribute to India, commemorating 50 years of the country's independence. The album reached record stores in 28 countries on August 15th of that year. Rahman finally seemed poised on the brink of the international success he desired. Performances were booked in Europe, Canada, and the United States during the final years of the century and a session was arranged with singer David Byrne (owner of the Luaka Bop label and a Rahman fan). Andrew Lloyd Webber chose Rahman to compose the music for his Bombay Dreams, a musical based on the "Bollywood" film industry. The pair began work on the project in London during the second half of 2000. ~ Nathan Bush, All Music Guide

Edited by sweetdisha - 08 April 2006 at 3:34am
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 21 March 2006 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetdisha

Hi,Members of ARR FanClub.A big hands for all of u.

1.anju101 Clap Clap Clap
2.heart girl Clap Clap Clap
3.Dawn05 Clap Clap Clap
4.doly_455 Clap Clap Clap
5.KK_lassi Clap Clap Clap
6.vinit_rocks Clap Clap Clap

7. teenindia_usa Clap Clap Clap

thank U very much and happy tobe on the list thank U

I will post info as I get it.

Also roja I liked the most there are others will mention later when get  time

Edited by teenindia_usa - 22 March 2006 at 10:53am
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged

Awards and Nominations

A.R. Rahman has won the following awards:

• Indian National Film Award - 1993 Film Roja (Tamil)
  • Indian National Film Award - 1997 Film Minsara Kanavu (Tamil)
  • Indian National Film Award - 2002 Film Lagaan (Hindi)
  • Indian National Film Award - 2003 Film Kannathil Muthamittal (Tamil)
  • 17 Times FilmFare Awards in 10 Years (9 in Tamil and 8 in Hindi)

A.R Rahman has been nominated for the following awards:

Edited by sweetdisha - 08 April 2006 at 3:49am

Go to top