sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetdisha

Hi sammie u r in

THANK U DISHASmile

so sammie is inBig smile

ok, all my I-Fian friends call me by sammie(recently its becoming samTongue)

(my real nick name is somu)

when i was a little kid and was in primary section of school, one day our school bus was stuck in a jam, and trough d window i heard d song 'dil hai chota sa, choti si ashaa..'

i was blown at dat instanceSmile

(didnt get d meaning of dat song totallyWink, [still i dont bother much abt d lyricsLOL], but d rhythm and d tune, i mean d total music composition made me crazy)

since den i'm gr8 fan of d gr8est A R RahmanEmbarrassed

Edited by sammie - 08 April 2006 at 1:48pm

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged

Rang De Basanti: Promo Watch

By Gaurav Malani (IndiaFM News Bureau), November 25, 2005 - 06:14 IST

Rang De Basanti. What is the first thing that strikes your mind when you come across a movie with such a title? That it's a historical? Obviously with a title that is immortalized as the catchline of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh anybody will think likewise. But hold on. This one isn't any period drama. On the contrary it's set in contemporary times and has a very modern outlook and a youthful charm to it.

As the trailer of Rang De Basanti opens, some color literally flows in as graffiti is spray painted on walls of dilapidated ancient monuments in Delhi. 'This January… a generation awakens' says the tagline as it introduces its lead star cast starting with Aamir Khan who plays the central character. In a wayward youthful hairdo (a pleasant change after the long locks of Mangal Pandey) and clad in jeans and leather jackets, it's a treat to watch Aamir Khan get back into the young-at-heart Dil Chahta Hai mode.

Other actors who complete his gang of five include Kunal Kapoor (who made his debut in Meenaxi opposite Tabu) Sharman Joshi, the actor with an inborn flair for comic timing Siddharth (South star who played Vivek Oberoi's role in the Tamil version of Yuva) and R.Madhavan who along with Soha Ali Khan forms the only couple in the gang. Well, the rebel has arrived. There essentially is a humor element and light-hearted treatment to this thought-provoking socially relevant film.

Daler Mehendi grabs your attention with his spirited rendition of the title track of Rang De Basanti in the background. A.R.Rehman comes up with one of his most peppy compositions for this number and while his music usually takes time to grow on you, this one is of the instantly catchy varieties. Expect more magic from the maestro in this album.

The promo turns more vibrant and visually appealing capturing festivals and celebrations, bhangras and bikes in the true-blue spirit of Delhi. The concluding point of the trailer is one of the better captured frames with the boys running in fields and waving off their shirts to a plane talking off from the runway. The aerial shot-taking by cinematographer Binod Pradhan is simply spellbinding.

Rang De Basanti is an avant-garde story of a young British girl (played by English actress Alice Patten) who wants to make a documentary based on the diary of her grandfather, a soldier of the Raj in the 1920's. When the BBC refuses her funding, she comes to India and forms her own team comprising of students from Delhi University (headed by Aamir Khan), who identify with the audacity and fervor of their forefathers.

Directed by Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra, Rang De Basanti is a UTV production and is slated for a January release.

Source:http://www.indiafm.com/features/2005/11/24/846/index.html

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:43am | IP Logged
and thank u disha
u r providing so many information abt gr8 rahman ji, dat i never knew
thank u
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged

Well then sammie i will call u sam.(Hope u dont mind).Well i was in my nursery when he composed dil hai chhotasa, n i was not able to understand music thenTongue.Later when i heard this song i too was just blown.

Sam is dil hai chhotasa your most favorite from Rahmanji's composition?

Have you any suggestions???What else would you like to see here???

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:49am | IP Logged

LOTR Play News

Xoanon @ 4:32 pm EST

BE THE FIRST TO GET A SNEAK PEEK OF "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" STARTING THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20 World Premiere at The Princess of Wales Theatre in Toronto.
Performances begin February 2, 2006
Visit Playbill.com for the first look at the all-new THE LORD OF THE RINGS television commercial spot beginning this Sunday, November 20, followed by exclusive "making of" footage over the next three weeks. THE LORD OF THE RINGS is the biggest, most ambitious theatrical production ever staged by an international creative team led by critically acclaimed director Matthew Warchus, award-winning designer Rob Howell and celebrated choreographer Peter Darling, who have combined all three books into one unmissable theatrical event. With a thrilling score and spectacular design, THE LORD OF THE RINGS features an ensemble of over 70 actors, singers and musicians. Visit Playbill.com on Saturday, November 26 and Saturday, December 3 for two additional exclusive video segments featuring an impressive behind-the-scenes look at what is sure to be a landmark production. A Kevin Wallace Limited Production, THE LORD OF THE RINGS has book and lyrics by Shaun McKenna and Matthew Warchus, and a score by India's most popular composer A.R. Rahman and the renowned Finnish group Vrttin, collaborating with Christopher Nightingale. THE LORD OF THE RINGS is presented by Kevin Wallace and Saul Zaentz in association with David & Ed Mirvish and Michael Cohl. A Kevin Wallace Limited Production. Based on the Lord of the Rings trilogy of books by J.R.R. Tolkien. Written and produced under license from The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises (SZC). THE LORD OF THE RINGS and the names of the characters, events, items & places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of SZC and are used under license. All rights reserved. Kevin Wallace Limited 2005 For more information on THE LORD OF THE RINGS, visit the official website at lotr.com

VISIT: playbill.com/lotr

Source: http://www.theonering.net

sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:50am | IP Logged
www.asiansinmedia.org - Article

Musicians band together for earthquake charity single
7th November, 2005
Artists across the Asian music industry have joined hands for one of the largest collaborations of its kind, aimed at raising money for charities in South Asia.

AR Rahman and Mukhtar Sahota

Sneha Mistri

The project, which started off in January in response to the Tsunami in Asia, was given further impetus by the recent earthquake in Kashmir.

It has culminated in a CD due to be released next week titled 'We can Make it Better'.

A total of seventeen artists have come together for the single. The track is produced by Mukhtar Sahota, with string arrangements by AR Rahman.

Others artists include Sukhwinder Singh, Jaspinder Narula, Shaan, Hans Raj Hans, UK Apache, Am'nico, Dhami (Heera), Channi (Alaap), Djinn, Mistri, E=MC, Shahin Badar, Sumeet, Surinder Sandhu ( sarangi ), and Shahbaz Khan ( tabla ).

Mukhtar Sahota said: "The idea behind the track was to take a similar approach as to the Band Aid single but with Asian artists from around the world. Asian music is so diverse and I felt that if we can bring different music genres, from Eastern and Western continents together, we can make a difference and at the same time the recording could be a history in the making."

Money from the single will go to Save the Children in India and Islamic Relief.

Singer Sneha Mistri said: "After seeing the images on TV I just felt lost and helpless with all the suffering going on. So when I was approached to be part of this, I felt a sense of relief to be able to do something.

"I hope that we can make a difference, however small because we will always have more then those people directly affected in both tragedies."

The project is the result of a collaboration between InternalMusic, Streetlife productions and Realtone Records. The video for the single, featuring all the artists, was shot in 3 locations: the UK, India and Canada earlier this year and made over a 4 week period.

Organisers say all artists gave their time free of charge and the money raised will be donated to the charities excluding any distribution and retail costs that may apply.

The single is due for release on Friday 11th November from HMV and Asian music outlets.

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:51am | IP Logged
well all of ARR composition r in my fav list
u can call me sam, i wont mind
i'll call u disha Smile
sweetdisha Senior Member
sweetdisha
sweetdisha

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Sivaji to hit floors on 1 Dec

The much-expected Sivaji, which brings actor Rajinikanth and director Shankar for the first time, is slated to hit floors on 1 December.

Being produced by AVM Productions, Sivaji will feature Mazhai fame Shreya opposite him besides Prakash Raj playing the baddie.

Big names like music director A R Rehman, cinematographer K V Anand are also part of the film.

According to industry sources, the mega budget movie will begin with a grand muhurrat at AVM Studios on 1 December in which the who's who of Tamil film industry will take part.'

Initially the production house was planning to commence shooting on 12 December (Rajinikanth's birth day). However fearing a huge rush of the super star fans on the day to city, they have reportedly advanced the muhurat.

Source: IndiaGlitz [Monday, November 07, 2005]

Go to top