doly_455

Posted: 31 August 2006 at 12:52am | IP Logged

pics....

A.R.Rehman 

Kailash Kher & A.R.Rehman

on release party of "kailasa"

No more period films for now, A.R. Rahman

By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Not that he sounds bitter - he never can, not when he's regarded as one of the most influential Asian musicians since Zubin Mehta -but A.R. Rahman is uncertain about his future in Hindi films.

Download Kisna WallpapersReason? "Too many period films in Hindi - "1947-Earth", "Zubeida", "Lagaan", "The Legend Of Bhagat Singh", "Water", "Bose: The Forgotten Hero", "Kissna". I've worked hard on each of the themes, but the end result hasn't been worth it," Rahman told IANS.

"The songs were either pushed into the background or not used at all, or worse still, used badly. Yeah, I feel very frustrated by this. But what can I do? Composing tunes is my job. How they are used isn't up to me."

Rahman seems unhappy with the way Subhash Ghai used his track "Hum hain iss pal yahan" in "Kisna".

"Though it was a love ballad, it wasn't sung by the lead pair at all. It was placed in the background. That killed the song's impact."

But the worst experience was "Bose: The Forgotten Hero".

"It's become 'Bose: The Forgotten Music'," jokes Rehman. "Sahara had promised a grand launch for the music and a grand premiere for the film. None of it happened. I had worked really hard on the music. But it all came to zero finally.

"After 'Zubeida' and 'Bose', I'm doing another film with Shyam Benegal. It's a full-on musical. But please, no more period films for now."

Having had his fill of a blast from the past, Rahman is now looking at a more contemporary kind of musicianship.

"All my Hindi assignments at the moment, including Rakesh Mehra's 'Rang De Basanti' and Abbas Tyrewala's romantic film are contemporary subjects. I'm quite done with period films now. I think 'Mangal Pandey' would be the last film of that ilk."

Rightfully proud of his compositions in the just-released "Mangal Pandey", Rahman reveals how he had been offered three films about freedom fighters, including Roland Joffe's "The Invaders".

"But I finally chose 'Mangal Pandey'. Yeah, the fact that Aamir Khan was in it did influence my decision. Aamir and I really jelled well during 'Lagaan'. In fact, I'm really proud of my work in 'Lagaan' and '1947-Earth', which also starred Aamir."

After "Earth", the third part of Deepa Mehta's trilogy "Water" is ready. It's the first project where Rahman has done the songs but not the background music.

"I moved away because of the controversies surrounding the film. What's the point of creating music for a project that makes some people unhappy? But I saw 'Water' recently. And it took my breath away."

Anything in Hindi music that Rahman has liked lately?

"Yeah I like M.M. Kreem's music. His 'Jadoo hai nasha hai' in 'Jism' was a surprise. And I like a couple of Pakistani songs that have been used in Hindi films like 'Murder' recently."

Edited by doly_455 - 31 August 2006 at 12:57am
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 01 September 2006 at 8:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by doly_455

hi dayita
u and sudha r doin a grt job on articles........

Thanks Doly, You are also going gr8t!

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 01 September 2006 at 8:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by doly_455

ya but that thread has this song in english.....
so i just posted it....so that the site can be viewed

You can put songs in hindi also in that thread.

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 02 September 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Hi members!!The voting period is over,now its the time to have our first Fan of the Week.But who is he/she?Any guesses??

Okay friends i am giving you some clues.When he/she became IF-Dazler and IF-Rockerz he dedicated his posts to this club!Its enough to have your answer.Well who have not yet understand one more clue .He/she is a very regular member in this club but never posted any articles!!

Yes Members he is none other than our dear

Sammie.

Congrats Sammie I would be back soon with my questions.And members now we have Sammie in the hot seat..dont miss the chance to make him speak.

Dayita.

Edited by dayita - 02 September 2006 at 9:27am
doly_455 IF-Rockerz
doly_455
doly_455

Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:29am | IP Logged

congrats sammie..............!!!!
enjoy the week.........

this is for u.............

Edited by doly_455 - 03 September 2006 at 10:30am
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:17am | IP Logged

Hi Sammie where are you?Hot seat dekh kar bhag gaye?Wink..

Please answer this:

1.Why do you like A.R.Rahman?

2.What is your favorite composition of Rahamanji?

3.What type of songs do you like most?

4.Do you sing?If yes, is there any composition of Rahamanji that you try to sing but cant sing properly?

5.If you were a composer which composition of A.R.Rahman would you like to compose?

6.How do you came to join this club?

7.Why did you join this particular fan club (there are other fan clubs of Rahamanji also)?

8.Do you visit other fan clubs in this forums?If yes how does this club differ from them?

9.What you enjoy most in this club and what you dislike most?

10.Do you want any change here?

11.Your most memorable moment in this club?

12.This clubs is going through many ups and downs..but I feel it was a very popular club once..what should we do to bring back its quality again?

Thanks
Dayita.

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dayita

Hi members!!The voting period is over,now its the time to have our first Fan of the Week.But who is he/she?Any guesses??

Okay friends i am giving you some clues.When he/she became IF-Dazler and IF-Rockerz he dedicated his posts to this club!Its enough to have your answer.Well who have not yet understand one more clue .He/she is a very regular member in this club but never posted any articles!!

Yes Members he is none other than our dear

Sammie.

Congrats Sammie I would be back soon with my questions.And members now we have Sammie in the hot seat..dont miss the chance to make him speak.

Dayita.

thanks dayita

Go to top