Hi ... How are you guys doing ?
I like the idea of FOW ...
But had a question
How do I vote? Embarrassed

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 28 August 2006 at 8:44am | IP Logged
hehe .. nevermind ... i read the post carefully now ..
I will PM you daiyta ... Embarrassed
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by doly_455

grt articles dayita!! Clap Clap

Thanks Doly,But please contribute something.

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sudha_rn

Thanks for those great articles Dayita.

Welcome Sudha

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Attention Please

Members vote before 11:59 pm IST today.No votes after that would be counted.

Edited by dayita - 30 August 2006 at 1:33am
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:35am | IP Logged

'Nuvvu Nenu Prema' ready for release
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, August 29, 2006]

Suriya became a top hero with the release of 'Ghajini' in Telugu. Soon, several of his Tamil films including 'Aaru' were dubbed in Telugu.

His latest Tamil film 'Sillunu Oru Kaadhal' is also being released simultaneously in Telugu as 'Nuvvu Nenu Prema'. The film has Jyothika and Bhoomika in the female lead, who are quite familiar to Telugu audiences.

Both the heroines acted in several Telugu films also. Directed by debutant Krishna 'Nuvvu-Nenu-Prema' will be a triangle love story.

Maestro A.R. Rahman gave melodious tunes to all the songs. There is good response to the audio which was released into the market through Aditya Music.

The Telugu version is coming up in association with Gemini Film Circuit. Dialogues are by Shashank Vennelakanti, lyrics are by Veturi and Vennelakanti, camera is by RD Rajasekhar, while the action choreography was handled by Vikram Dharma.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/24871.html
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Nuvvu Nenu Prema – A youthful and romantic triangular love story
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, August 29, 2006]

Suriya shot into fame among the masses after the release of Ghajini in Telugu. Especially his histrionics, quick movements, instant changes in expression made the audiences stay glued to their seats all through the film. Soon he became a star overnight and several of his Tamil films including 'Aaru' dubbed in Telugu.

In order to maintain the same tempo and mood on Suriya, his latest Tamil film 'Sillunu Oru Kaadhal' is also being released simultaneously in Telugu as 'Nuvvu Nenu Prema'. Moreover, the film has in its cast, Jyothika and Bhoomika in the female lead, who are quite familiar faces for Telugu audiences. As the title suggests, the film would be a romantic special with both the heroines.

The film was directed by debutant Krishna, an associate of Gautam Menon. The film Nuvvu-Nenu-Prema, with Suriya, Jyothika and Bhoomika, will be a triangle love story, while Suriya's character was moulded in a youthful, energetic and attractive packaging. Moreover, Suriya sported a different and a more youthful look in 'Nuvvu-Nenu-Prema'.

Popular music maestro A.R. Rahman composed music for the Telugu version as well which added a sheen to the love subject. The Tamil version was produced by Suriya's cousin K.E. Gnanavelraja on the banner of Studio Green, while the Telugu version is coming up in association with Gemini Film Circuit.

Though Jyothika's last straight film is 'Tagore' pairing opposite Mega Star Chiranjeevi, Bhoomika's Missamma is still fresh in the minds of Telugu audiences. With the Tamil version of the film 'Sillunu Oru Kaadhal', Bhoomika made a comeback to the Tamil film industry with a meaty role.

It is like a home production for Suriya and hence he is very particular in every aspect of the filmmaking. The production values are the very best. The movie has been shot in several beautiful locales including a couple of songs in Canada. Debutant director Krishna is confident that he would meet the expectations of masses.

Fortunate to direct the likes of talented stars like Suriya, Jyothika and Bhoomika in his debut venture, Krishna says, 'It would be a never-seen before experience for the audience. Rahman's excellent musical score has given me more courage.'

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/24876.html
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 30 August 2006 at 1:38am | IP Logged
India's national song in discord
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay wrote Vande Mataram
India's national song Vande Mataram has found itself in the thick of a political controversy. The Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party wants the song to be sung in all schools on 7 September, the centenary of its adoption. Muslim groups say the Sanskrit-language song is a hymn to the Hindu goddess Durga and it is against the tenets of Islam to sing it. The song was written by Bengali poet Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay in 1876. It was first sung at the Congress Party session in Varanasi in 1905. Muslim opposition Vande Mataram which translates as "Mother, I bow to thee" or as "Hail to the mother" became the rallying cry for Indians fighting British colonial rule. After the country's independence in 1947, the song was the front-runner in the race for India's national anthem, but it lost out to Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore's more secular Jana Gana Mana following opposition from Muslim groups. But Vande Mataram is still regarded highly and the song is played in Parliament at the beginning and end of each session. Earlier this month the Congress Party-led federal government asked all schools, including Islamic madrassas, to get students to sing the song on its centenary. After Muslim leaders objected, the government backed down and made singing voluntary. 'Symbol of national pride' But the Hindu nationalist BJP has now joined the fray - it says the government's climb-down encourages a lack of patriotism.
Rahman album cover
AR Rahman's album became hugely popular
The party has said it will be mandatory for all educational establishments in the five states which it rules to sing Vande Mataram and has threatened action against those who disobey the order. "There are some things which are symbols of national pride and Vande Mataram is one of them. It can't be made optional," the Reuters news agency quotes senior BJP leader, Vijay Kumar Malhotra, as saying. Some Muslim groups say the song cannot be a yardstick for measuring patriotism. They say they will not sing it as "it is against their religion to pray and bow before anyone except the Almighty". Some Muslim groups have threatened that they will go to the court against the order. However, the song has found support from many Muslims in India. A few years ago, well-known composer AR Rahman set the song to modern music and the album became hugely popular with the public.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5295596.stm

Go to top