India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) (Page 131)

doly_455 IF-Rockerz
doly_455
doly_455

Posted: 14 June 2006 at 6:14am | IP Logged
me too....but we shud start somethin to make the thread more interesting......what do u all say?....a contest or a trivia kind of a thing.......

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
 It's Himesh vs Rehman now
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   June 14, 2006

Aa dekhen zaraa:
Himesh Reshammiya

He€™s the toast of the season. All his songs have been chartbusters. His compositions have managed to sell movies on their sheer strength. But now, Reshammiya faces the biggest challenge of them all.

As he€™s all set to rock the US with a spate of concerts in July-August, he€™s also going to be taking his greatest inspiration, head-on. AR Rahman will perform in the US at the same time as Himesh, and it will be interesting to see who will win this mother of all battles.

A local show promoter says, €œHimesh is very popular among Asians at large; not just Indians. Rahman may be a bigger name internationally but for the Asian community, it€™s Himesh all the way.€

Himesh€™s tour is called Aap Ka Suroor Live In Concert and is being backed by one of the biggest names in the business, Vijay Taneja of Elite Entertainment while Rahman has tied up with the US-based Global Rhythms as partners for his shows.

The only difference is that while Rahman would be performing at just a handful of cities, Himesh would be taking his troupe all over the country and Canada as well, in a tour spanning over two months.

Incidentally, the average cost of a single Himesh Reshammiya show in the US is around 100,000 US dollars (approx Rs 47 lakh) and the ticket rates have been priced between $35 to $75 (approx Rs 1600 to Rs 3500). These would be classified as among the highest rates commanded by a music director.

Unfair comparison

According to show promoters, comparisons between the two are unfair because each one caters to a totally different audience. €œRahman€™s fan-following is among the mature audience; even foreigners come to his shows to hear his sound,€ says a Houston-based organiser.

Himesh€™s popularity, on the other hand, is more among the youth. €œThe youngsters are just crazy about his songs. This is his first tour and there€™s no doubt, it will be a huge success.€ Accompanying Himesh on the tour, are singers like Alisha Chinoy and Abhijeet Sawant.

Himesh, who is touted as the industry€™s hottest music director right now, has been Rahman€™s biggest fan for years now. He has even gone on records to say that Rahman is the only composer that he would agree to lend his voice for.

But now that he€™s been pitted against him directly in a war of shows, Himesh says, €œI€™m nothing compared to AR Rahman. Since I respect him a lot, I would prefer attending his shows to take his blessings before I head to perform at my concert. Also, if you will check with the organisers, you will know that the tickets for all my show are already sold out.€

source: http://ww3.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/june/139366.htm
doly_455 IF-Rockerz
doly_455
doly_455

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:11am | IP Logged
thks for the info.....
i too think its not right to compare 2 musicians....as their styles r so difft......
each 1 is unique and awesome in his own way.........
Athena90 IF-Rockerz
Athena90
Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:42am | IP Logged
ok how could i miss this (probably cause i dun come here LOL LOL )

i am a huge rehman fan - i've heard his every song! i love his tamil music EVERYTHING!

its a bit late. i'm in though

BTW great club going
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 8:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by doly_455

me too....but we shud start somethin to make the thread more interesting......what do u all say?....a contest or a trivia kind of a thing.......

gr8 idea

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 8:08am | IP Logged

thks for the info.....
i too think its not right to compare 2 musicians....as their styles r so difft......
each 1 is unique and awesome in his own way.........

its true yaar

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Hi, friends..howz life?

Swetha!!If you are busy now I can take the responsibility temporarily...if the other members permit me.But visit the club regularly....

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 18 June 2006 at 9:23am | IP Logged

Hey doly...I read your pm...great idea...post your complete plan here...i hope other members will also accept it.

Go to top