dayita
dayita

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Film
Album: Meenaxi
Music: A R Rahman
Label: Sony

- Namrata Mankotia

The A R Rahman magic unfolds yet again with Meenaxi, an album that is innovative and offers something new in every track.

The score begins with Yeh Rishta, introducing Reena Bhardawaj. The debutant leaves a mark with the song's catchy melody, as she does justice to the subtlety of the track. The number has meaningful lyrics by Rahat Indori, and has interludes with the sound of running water and a unique integration of strings.

The next track, Chinnamma Chilakkamma is an excellent blend of Telugu folk fused with western beats. Sukhwindra Singh has penned the lyrics and voiced them too. An acoustic treat, the song is billed as a fiery chart buster and has enough potential to rule.

Sonu Nigam is at his emotive best with Do Kadam, a soft number that epitomizes the core of the film. There are no hard beats in this one and the rhythm blends with Sonu's soul-searching voice. It was to be the title track, before M F Hussain changed the film's name to Meenaxi.

A seductive Asha Bhonsle hooks you on in the next, as she croons Na na na naa in the catchy Dhuan Dhuan. The evergreen vocalist is in total control of this wonderfully composed track, laced with heavy percussions and synthesized rhythms.

Yet another brilliant song, Rang Hai reminds you of Mujhe Rang De from Thakshak, but the former is a lot more magical. Alka Yagnik sings for the maestro, who has successfully managed to re-innovate the beauty of music, fusing Rajasthan folk with heavy drumming and powerful percussion instruments.

Bells ring the sweet sound of music – at least that's what the Cyclist's Rhythm proves. The instrumental track begins with subtle cycle bells chiming and gently fused with the traditional flute. The way Rahman has built the drumbeats through out the track is astounding and brings about a harmonic background.

The album rounds off with another great instrumental, Potter's Village. The track provides a welcome variety, and starts off with matka beats. It then gathers momentum and catches on to an Arabic music blend, abundant in strings.

After the chartbusting Piya Haji Ali of Fiza, Rahman once again creates a beautiful yet modern qawwali, in Noor-Un-Ala-Noor. Classical musicians Murtuza Khan and Qadir Khan sing the masterpiece, penned by Hussain.

Meenaxi is a soulful masterpiece with songs that will have you on the beat right way, and leave you yearning for more. Words on the cover of the album sum it up best - "Colors inspire a song, colors inspire a story, a language" - Rahman surely has woven a colorful spectacle of sound.

http://www.ndtv.com/ent/newreviewmusic.asp?category=hindi&am p;am p;id=62&albumname=Meenaxi

Average viewer rating:
(234 Votes)

</>

Edited by dayita - 11 June 2006 at 6:36am

sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dayita

Phir nahOuch,yes we are going to start it after 150th page...its already 131th page.

LOL, yes again no LOL

hey only 19 pages left thenBig smile

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sammie

Phir nahOuch,yes we are going to start it after 150th page...its already 131th page.

LOL, yes again no LOL

Yeh....only 19 pages.....Where is Swetha, Sara, Rachana??

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Film
Album: Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa
Music: A R Rahman
Label:

- Monalisa Sengupta

You can never get the best of both the worlds in one place, and the music of Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa proves just that.

Himesh Reshammiya hit a bulls eye with Tere Naam, and Rahman has scores to his credit. But put together, they fail to create any magic and you are left with an album with music styles that don't blend in.

The title track is perhaps the best of the lot. It is vintage Rahman, with no frills or beats. Sujata Trivedi and Kamaal Khan croon to the well-crafted melody and lyrics by Mehboob. But the instrumental version of Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha has music by Reshammiya and is completely different from the vocal one.

Reshammiya turns in a wedding song in Bindiya Chamakne Lagi with some uninspired lyrics penned by Sameer. Though a catchy number, it sounds dated and run of the mill. The hangover from Tere Naam continues in Meri Nas Nas Mein Tum Ho. The song is bland and offers nothing new as Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan go through the motions. Next, the music director churns out a lilting track Yeh Dil To Mila Hai with Sonu Nigam and Alka at the helm of affairs.

Rahman marks a return to the album with Zindagi Hai Dua. It's a soft number sung by five singers - Madhushree, Pamela Jain, Gayatri, Kartik and Raquib. Some trademark Rahman music arrangements provide pep to the otherwise blas song. Sadhana Sargam and Kamal sing the last Rahman composition in the album--Jaane Bahara. The song is perhaps the pick of the album with melodious yet foot tapping and catchy music.

The album rounds off with a Bhangra pop number Go Balle Balle, very much in the league of Aaja Ve Mahi Let's Do Balle Balle from Fida, though the latter was far better. K K, Alisha Chinoy lend their voice to this Reshammiya composition.

Give this album a pass-over unless you're a diehard Salman Khan fan. Rahman and Reshammiya fans, better wait for their other forthcoming releases.

http://www.ndtv.com/ent/newreviewmusic.asp?category=hindi&am p;am p;id=70&albumname=Dil+Ne+Jise

Average viewer rating:
(88 Votes)

< name=frmVote =../ent/reviewbooks.asp method=get> </>

Edited by dayita - 11 June 2006 at 7:04am
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged

LOL, yes again no LOL

Yeh....only 19 pages.....Where is Swetha, Sara, Rachana??

i can say only one word 'donno'

Confused

A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Hey I am here .. But been really busy with school again ... Ouch And also am working ... So I dun think I will come here that often .. And even if I do login, I am just here for 5 mins ... Ouch ... That's why, if anyone is interested in modertaing the new thread please feel free to do so .. And that person will be responsible for adding new members to the club and just seeing that there is no -vitiy in the club ...
sammie IF-Rockerz
sammie
sammie

Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:39am | IP Logged
oh swetha u r busy
but plz visit here regularly, ok 4 5mins, but plz do visit Smile
A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:26am | IP Logged

oh swetha u r busy
but plz visit here regularly, ok 4 5mins, but plz do visit Smile
Thanks Sammie ... Yes, I will try my best to do that ... I miss coming here as well .. Smile

Go to top