Music Corner
Music Corner

A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) (Page 111)

Sudha_rn Goldie
Sudha_rn
Sudha_rn

Posted: 21 May 2006 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dayita

Sudha LOL, wait my dear....let us have the thread first..only then we can have the link to use as our siggy...

na.. u told me that u asked Khushi to make a siggy for the ARR fan club..
I m asking for that Siggy?ConfusedLOL

Sudha_rn Goldie
Sudha_rn
Sudha_rn

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Courtesy: Qwest ji

Rahman on CNN

Bollywood truly has gone places in the 21st century and music whiz A.R. Rahman has been a central figure in taking the sounds of Indian music right into the global arena. The latest feather in his cap is composing music for the stage adaptation of 'The Lord of the Rings'. For Rahman, it was another wonderful experience and he said so in a recent interview to CNN. The stage adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkein's 'The Lord of the Rings' has been produced by Kevin Wallace with Rahman's music and will debut on Broadway.

Rahman is a pioneer in the Indian music scene in that he re-energized Indian movie songs with new beats, introduced state-of-the-art technology and created a fusion of traditional and modern music in his offerings. He made his debut in Tamil movies in the South Indian film industry. Director Mani Ratnam made him the music composer for his Roja and the rest, as the clich goes, is history.

Rahman did not stop there. He moved on to Bollywood and wowed the industry and audience alike with his music in super hit movies like Rangeela, Lagaan and continues his winning streak with Rang De Basanti. After establishing himself as a music composer in Indian films, he moved on to make successful albums. He was honored with the Padma Shri in 2002, India's highest civilian award.

Rahman moved to the international arena by collaborating with Andrew Lloyd Webber with the hit musical Bombay Dreams which won him international attention. Not many can claim such talent or a career like this. Rahman hopes to start a classical conservatory in India or Chennai, in southern India since he respects the discipline of classical music. His other dream is to help create the next generation of musicians.

Edited by Sudha_rn - 22 May 2006 at 3:39am
Sudha_rn Goldie
Sudha_rn
Sudha_rn

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 12:34am | IP Logged
courtesy: Qwest ji

The Lord of the Rings

Though technically not on Broadway, the stage production of The Lord of the Rings is so massive in size that it might as well be a Broadway production. Tolkien's epic novels most recently made the jump to film with Peter Jackson's critically acclaimed and immensely popular works, now the tales will grace the stage at Toronto's Princess of Wales Theater.

The creators of the work are quick to say that this incarnation is not a musical, more like a theatrical event or play with music, so don't expect Gollum to sing a love song about his precious. With more than $8 million in advanced sales, the show has big shoes to fill.

The Lord of the Rings features direction by Matthew Warchus, book and lyrics by Shaun McKenna and Matthew Warchus, and music by A.R Rahman and Varttina with Christopher Nightingdale.

Starring in the epic is Brent Carver as Gandalf, James Loye as Frodo, Evan Buliung as Aragorn, Richard McMillan as Saruman, Peter Howe as Sam, Dylan Roberts as Merry, Owen Sharpe as Pippin, Gabriel Burrafato as Legolas, Dion Johnstone as Boromoir, Carly Street as Arwen, Victor A. Young as Elrond, Kerry Dorey as Theoden, Kristin Galer as Rosie, Rebecca Jackson Mendoza as Galadriel, and Cliff Saunders as Bilbo.

Edited by Sudha_rn - 22 May 2006 at 3:42am
Sudha_rn Goldie
Sudha_rn
Sudha_rn

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 3:36am | IP Logged
"This is the first time I have invited another composer to write a musical for the stage,he (A.R.Rehman) is one of the most exciting young composers of our time".

"A.R.Rehman is simply brilliant. What you might possibly call the best. His work is very different, very unusual and he himself is such a simple and humble guy that it would be a pleasure for us to work with him. He will bring a different kind of flavour to a musical production in the West".

- Andrew Lloyd Webber

Edited by Sudha_rn - 22 May 2006 at 3:37am
dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 11:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sudha_rn

Originally posted by dayita

Sudha LOL, wait my dear....let us have the thread first..only then we can have the link to use as our siggy...

na.. u told me that u asked Khushi to make a siggy for the ARR fan club..
I m asking for that Siggy?ConfusedLOL

Yeh She has told me that she will make one for us....it seems she is a bit busy...lets wait. 

dayita Goldie
dayita
dayita

Posted: 22 May 2006 at 11:11am | IP Logged

Hey Sudha, thanks for all the articles...Smile;

delilah Goldie
delilah
delilah

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 3:44am | IP Logged
thanks for all the articles Sudha.. Clap
doly_455 IF-Rockerz
doly_455
doly_455

Posted: 23 May 2006 at 5:17am | IP Logged
hey i m sorry guys i didnt visit here ......i really need to apologise....sooooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyy.....

its grt to know that ar rehman...club is active and still on.....grt goin guys..... Clap

Go to top