A.R.Rahman (Fan Club) - Page 87

Posted: 17 years ago
Bappi Lahiri and AR Rahman team up
By IndiaFM News Bureau, May 25, 2006 - 02:40 IST
Until a couple of years back, Bappi Lahiri was almost lost amongst the new composer crowd in Bollywood. A couple of his albums followed but it was with Vishal-Shekhar's Boombai Nagariya which he sung with a retro charm that put him back in the public eye… or should we say ear. That was the first time that Bappi had sung for any other music composer.

And now Bappi has taken to the mike, once again. He recently completed recording the title track of Mani Ratnam's Guru, composed by none other than A.R.Rahman. Few people know that Rahman and Lahiri have known each other since a very long time. Lahiri was only too happy to work with the maestro. In fact, he is not hesitant to say that according to him, Rahman is the best from among his contemporaries.

A seven minute song, the lyrics of the title track has been penned by Gulzar. In fact, they were all so well prepared that the recording was completed in a single night. Bappi da didn't want to talk too much about the lyrics of the song, at this stage. But we do know that it will be used for the credits of the film. Everyone was satisfied with the end result of the song. Bappi is now open to more playback singing, provided he gets good numbers.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/05/25/7173/
Hey Dayita ... dear, thank you for being an integral part of this club .. you have done and are doing so much for this club ... how are you doing ? i am finally back home now ... hope to be online more often and contribute as much as I can .. probably nothing in comparison to what you do ...
and your lyrics section is just superb ... !! thanks a bunch for that as well ! 😃
how is everyone else .. ???
I think there is only one new member .. and I will update the list right away .. !

Originally posted by A.S.P.I.R.E

Hey Dayita ... dear, thank you for being an integral part of this club .. you have done and are doing so much for this club ... how are you doing ? i am finally back home now ... hope to be online more often and contribute as much as I can .. probably nothing in comparison to what you do ...
and your lyrics section is just superb ... !! thanks a bunch for that as well ! 😃

Hey Swetha, I am better now..how was your trip?Hope to see you online regularly now.And lyrics section..i need some time to make the notations ..😊

A.R. Rehman's house raided
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 26, 2005 - 05:40 IST
Music maestro A.R. Rehman's house was raided by Income Tax officials on the wee hours of the morning today. Apart from him, a lot of South stars houses were raided as well. The Income Tax officials started the raids by 8 AM and are still going on as we speak. A lot of top Bollywood stars homes have been raided in the recent past. The list includes Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Urmila Matondkar and Shahrukh Khan.

Let's hope A.R. Rehman hasn't done any Mangal in his returns.
http://www.indiafm.com/news/2005/10/26/6097/index.html
Originally posted by dayita

Hey Swetha, I am better now..how was your trip?Hope to see you online regularly now.And lyrics section..i need some time to make the notations ..😊
Were you unwell Dayita ?? I am glad to hear that you are better now .. My trip was simply awesome .. Had much fun ... Yeah, I hope to be online very regularly now as well ... what do you mean by notations ??? is there any way I can help you with that ?
B K Modi plans mega Buddha film

Arthur J Pais in New York | May 24, 2006 15:04 IST

Nearly twelve years after Mira Nair abandoned her Buddha movie project because Italian filmmaker Bernardo Bertolucci beat her to it with his Little Buddha starring Keanu Reeves as Siddhartha, there is a serious effort by Indian industrialist Bhupendra Kumar Modi to light up the screens worldwide with a Buddha biopic.

Cannes 2006: The Complete Coverage

At $120 million, the project announced at the Cannes film festival and first reported by Hollywood Reporter, would cost $40 million more than the average Hollywood film.

Modi, who has been actively working on the project for over a year with his Hollywood partners including Michel Shane -- an executive producer on the 2004 Will Smith hit I, Robot -- would not give out many details on the project. But various names ranging from composer A R Rahman, director Shekhar Kapur and New Age guru Deepak Chopra have been mentioned in connection with the film.

Modi, who said he hoped the film would open the year 2008's Cannes film festival -- where Little Buddha received good notices in 1993 -- also added that it would be based on Old Path White Clouds, by the renowned Vietnamese Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh. Modi believes Buddha's life and his examples could ease the burden of living in our war-torn and terrorism-filled times.

Published three years ago Old Path White Clouds became a sleeper hit, gradually selling over a million copies in North America. It also became an international success having been translated into more than 20 languages.

Drawn from original Pali, Sanskrit and Chinese sources, Old Path White Clouds recreates lucidly the life and times of Buddha over the course of eighty years. The highly cinematic book grippingly tells the stories alternately through the eyes of Svasti, the buffalo boy who provided kusa grass for the Buddha's enlightenment cushion, and the Buddha himself. Admirers of the book describe it as a spiritual page-turner.

Praising the book for making the story of Buddha widely accessible to a new generation, Library Journal wrote: 'This is not a scholarly study but rather a heartfelt interpretation that draws on important sources. The result is a beautiful and contemporary book that can offer an attractive introduction for those new to the subject as well as many bright moments for serious students of Buddhism.'

Hanh, 81, whose admirer Dr Martin Luther King Jr had publicly recommended the monk and peace activist for the Nobel Prize, is also a Gandhian. The monk, who lectured briefly at Columbia University on Buddhism, was one of the first religious leaders in America to oppose America's Vietnam War. He travels across America and many other countries several times a year giving talks on Buddhism and peace initiatives.

'I've wanted to do this film for several years now,' Modi told Hollywood Reporter. 'I discovered the book two years ago and it changed my life, and I felt it was up to me to share my happiness with the world.'

The film is going to be a spiritual adventure, said Shane. 'We are looking at this as an epic film for the ages -- a Lawrence of Arabia meets Gladiator,' he declared.

http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/24ajp.htm?q=tp&file =.htm

Originally posted by A.S.P.I.R.E

Were you unwell Dayita ?? I am glad to hear that you are better now .. My trip was simply awesome .. Had much fun ... Yeah, I hope to be online very regularly now as well ... what do you mean by notations ??? is there any way I can help you with that ?

I was a bit sick n busy with brothers marriage.Notations means song notations in piano or keyboard or guiter chords..you can surely help me if you can play any musical instrument or know anyone who can.

After Patriotism, it is brotherhood: A R Rahman.
May 21, 2006
AR Rahman
When was it we had an album from A R Rahman? It was long back, his Vande Mataram. For Rahman's fans who are looking for yet another album from the wizard, here is good news. Rahman and Bharath Bala, the guy who produced Vande Mataram, are coming together once again for another album entitled Pray for me brother. "It is a simple song but the concept is unique," says Rahman who has been working on this for some time now.
"The message is brotherhood. Preserve humanity," adds Bharath Bala. Rahman who is known for his own style of going about with his work has just completed Mani Rathnam's Guru. Can we expect another Roja? Rahman smiles and says: "Insha Allah." Rahman is also working for Bollywood projects such as Ashutosh Gowarikar's Akbar Jodha, Rajkumar Santhoshi's London Dreams and Shekar Kapoor's Golden Age. Rahman is simply floored by the respect that is shown to him both in West and the East. Singer Himesh Reshammiya had said if he wanted to sing for one composer, it would be Rahman. Rahman, however, feels that it is all God's Will and he is humbled by the accolades given to him
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-06-03/21-05- 06-ar-rahman.html
Originally posted by dayita

I was a bit sick n busy with brothers marriage.Notations means song notations in piano or keyboard or guiter chords..you can surely help me if you can play any musical instrument or know anyone who can.
Oh man .. that's a tough job .. I am sorry .. I neither know someone who plays any instrument here nor do I know how to play any !