Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
well all of ARR composition r in my fav list
u can call me sam, i wont mind
i'll call u disha 😊
sweetdisha thumbnail

Sivaji to hit floors on 1 Dec

The much-expected Sivaji, which brings actor Rajinikanth and director Shankar for the first time, is slated to hit floors on 1 December.

Being produced by AVM Productions, Sivaji will feature Mazhai fame Shreya opposite him besides Prakash Raj playing the baddie.

Big names like music director A R Rehman, cinematographer K V Anand are also part of the film.

According to industry sources, the mega budget movie will begin with a grand muhurrat at AVM Studios on 1 December in which the who's who of Tamil film industry will take part.'

Initially the production house was planning to commence shooting on 12 December (Rajinikanth's birth day). However fearing a huge rush of the super star fans on the day to city, they have reportedly advanced the muhurat.

Source: IndiaGlitz [Monday, November 07, 2005]

sammie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
no suggestion for rite now, u r doing a superb job 👏
sweetdisha thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan under Kamal's direction

It's Shah Rukh Khan and Kamal again. Once again, Shah Rukh Khan has been floored by Kamal's acting. After watching 'Tenali,' Shah Rukh got thoroughly impressed by the film. The Hindi superstar immediately thought of making a Hindi re-make, but to be directed by Kamal.

"The first time I saw Kamal, I asked him if I could touch him, that's how much I hold him in high esteem." When signed on for 'Hey, Ram' this is what Shah Rukh Khan said.

Both were none too happy that the film did not do well. After 'Hey, Ram' Shah Rukh asked Kamal to act as a villain in his film. Kamal refused and this sort of upset the Shah who even gave interviews expressing his disappointment.

But time heals old wounds. Shah Rukh liked Kamal's role in 'Tenali' as a scared, cowardly Brahmin and decided to make a Hindi version. In 'Tenali,' Jayaram acts as Kamal's doctor. Kamal could do the role in Hindi. Since Kamal is at present busy with 'Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu' and 'Dasavataram,' will he be able to take up the offer of directing the film? There's a strong likelihood of his accepting, say Kamal's sources. After all, during this busy schedule, Kamal acted in Ramesh Arvind's Kannada re-make of 'Sathi Leelavathi.'

The original tunes composed by AR Rehman will be used for the Hindi version of 'Tenali' that is set to take off next year!

Source: www.cinesouth.com, Friday, Oct 21, 2005

sweetdisha thumbnail

My music changes with every film: Rahman

Sudhish Kamath

Chennai: No matter how far from home he goes, A.R. Rahman is not one to forget his fans in the State.

Currently shuttling between Chennai and Toronto for the stage version of 'Lord of the Rings,' Rahman says he has his hands full with Rajnikant's 'Sivaji' to be directed by Shankar and Suriya's 'Jillunnu Oru Kaadhal.'

"That's quite enough for now I think," he says, during the launch of the piano section at Musee Musical on Tuesday.

Does he see his music changing with new influences seeping in? "Well, it changes with every film," says Rahman. Recently, during the launch of 'Mangal Pandey,' the music director had announced his decision to stay away from period films. "For the time being," he clarifies. "It had become a pattern. There was an overflow of period films and on the freedom struggle. So I thought I'll just move away a bit. It's good to do all kinds of music," smiles the trend-setter. Would he like to tell us about his plans for 'Lord of the Rings'? His tight-lipped demeanour seems to say: "No way." The musical is expected to premiere in Toronto in March next year.

Source: The Hindu, Friday, Oct 21, 2005

sweetdisha thumbnail
The Hindu - Article

Wednesday, Oct 19, 2005

A. R. Rahman takes a trip down memory lane

Sudhish Kamath

"It's nice to have a place dedicated to music" he says

AT HOME: It was a get-together of sorts when A.R. Rahman paid a visit to his alma mater on Tuesday. The music director inaugurated the piano section at Musee Musical
Photo: V.Ganesan

CHENNAI: Little Dilip used to come here years ago, and grew up watching many musicians finetune their skills. For many like him, it was second home. Musee Musical, the best known landmark for music, musicians and instruments, opened yet another door on Tuesday evening, when a Toyota Innova made its way through a rain battered lane off Anna Salai. For Dilip, it was a trip down memory lane as he stepped out of the car to a warm welcome — now as A.R. Rahman. New piano section Clad in a white embroidered kurta, a blue waist-coast with matching corduroys, he quickly proceeded to cut the blue ribbon to declare the new piano section of the store open. After obliging lensmen with a quick 15-second test of the Yamaha piano, he went around to check out the other beauties crafted out of ebony and ivory. "I first came here when I was ten or eleven," recalls the music director. "I used to come with my father. I wrote all my music exams here." "Jacob John, the piano teacher was his master," M.H. Das, managing director and owner of Musee Musical, adds. "It's nice to have a place dedicated to music," says Rahman, fondly recalling his long association with the centre. "I was busy and hadn't been here in a while. But I came back last year. The last thing I brought here was a shehnai. I tried to learn and failed miserably," he laughs. After a quick chat on his forthcoming films, he then steps into yet another section of the store upstairs for photographs with the staff. "He's such a humble man. I met him yesterday at 15 minutes notice and he immediately agreed," Das smiles. "He is just the same boy, he hasn't forgotten us."

The folks at Musee Musicals were thrilled, some of them had their cameras loaded with pictures and others showed off the prized autograph. Dilip, surely, made their day.

sweetdisha thumbnail

Rahman scores

Friday, Oct 14, 2005

For the first time A. R. Rahman will compose music for a film that has Surya as the solo hero. 'Jillunu Oru Kadhal' is the name of the film that will have Jyotika and Asin as heroines. Based on a true-life incident, the film will be written and directed by Krishna. Krishna makes his debut as director with 'Jillunu Oru Kadhal.' Shooting for the film commences this month at Rajahmundry and the duets will be canned in Australia, New Zealand and Spain.

Source: http://www.hindu.com
Related News:
                    Asin-J othika to sizzle with Surya in 'Jillendru Oru Kadhal'
                     Source: http://www.nowrunning.com

sweetdisha thumbnail

The soul of music

IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 10, 2005]

Though music directors Ilayaraja and A R Rehman belong to two different schools of music, they have a common interest.

Spiritualism in their own ways provides the common identity to the two legends of music.

Ilayaraja had come out with huge collection of devotional albums, while his latest Symphonic Oratorio on Thiruvasakam has taken him to greater heights.

Now following Ilayaraja's work on Thiruvasakam, A R Rehman is too venturing to do a similar job.

He would be producing a music album which would comprise devotional songs penned by Islamic spiritualist Kunankudi Mastan Sahib. Rehman is planning to produce the album that would have collection of various songs penned by Mastan Sahib.

Interestingly, Rehman would not score the music, rather a group of up and coming music-composers would set to tune the songs and the album would be produced by Rehman.

Sources close to Rehman say that it is an attempt to educate youngsters about their rich spiritual values.

Source:http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17294.html

sweetdisha thumbnail

.R.Rehman on the footsteps of Illayaraja

As much as music does not need language, A.R.Rehman does not need introduction.  Rapidly becoming a brand himself, his interests are multi-faceted.

Movies, Vande Mataram music album, Bombay Dreams play…his passion is ever growing

Just as Illayaraja spread his wings with symphony and Tiruvasagam apart from movies, A.R.Rehman too is enlarging his sphere of musical interest.  He too is a spiritualist, like Illayaraja!

His spirituality finds him praying at Dargas and dedicating his fame to Allah. He too has a wish - to score music for a devotional work. For this, A.R. has chosen the hymns of the Islamic spiritualist Kunangudi Mastan Sahib.

Rehman is planning to produce it as a symphony or some other celebrated musical form. Here is a chance for Kunangudi Mastan Sahib,s hymns to stir the younger generation in the same  way Illayaraja's Thiruvasagam did,.  It is also an opportunity to tell the world about our heritage and culture.

Our best wishes to A.R.Rehman!

Source:http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/08102005-2.shtml

sweetdisha thumbnail

ON THE BEAT

Singing in the rain with Rahman

G Ulaganathan

A R Rahman's show at the Palace Grounds was almost a washout. It is a pity that in Bangalore there is no other place where such mega shows can be organised. With dark clouds hovering over the horizon, the large gathering on Saturday had no option but to silently pray --along with the maestro himself --to keep the raingods at bay. The gods must have heard the prayers as it started pouring only towards the fag end of the concert, just as Rahman began his Maa tujhe salaam.

But the ground was slushy --the effect of evening rains--and for nearly four hours, the crowd had to keep standing, but they didn't mind because of the high quality music that went down well with all age groups. "It was a miracle that our equipment didn't suffer any damage", said Rahman just before leaving the City on Sunday. The audience who had paid a huge amount deserved better amenities. The food court set up by a star hotel had eatables at exorbitant prices--a cup of coffee costing Rs 20, soft drinks for Rs 50 per bottle. Less said the better about the snacks --they cost anything between Rs 50 to Rs 200.

Source: http://www.deccanherald.com