Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetdisha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

have listened to a lot of music, but Rahman wins. The guy is amazing. When we came with the idea of Vande Mataram, he was enthused like few people I have known and seeing him work is a learning experience. The immense knowledge he has about music and the frenzy with which he approaches his work..., he is my greatest musical influence.

Kanika (2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

We worship Rahman's music.

Ehsaan, (of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio), The Hindu, 2001
sweetdisha thumbnail

It's not enough to be successful. It's important to attempt something new. Rahman's contribution to film music will never be forgotten. He has given a new dimension and understanding to sound.

Lyricist Javed Akhtar (Filmfare, Feb 2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

I admire three things about Rahman. Among the young composers he probably is the most original. He has a strong sense of melody and his harmony is unbeatable. Finally he gives his music a rich tonal color, richness through his combination of instruments, a character to the music.

Director Shyam Benegal (India West, Jan 2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

The composer who re-wrote the history of film music was A.R.Rahman with the path-breaking soundtrack of Roja. The sound created by the little master was nothing less than astounding. His concept of fresh sound included acoustics of unheard instruments, fusion of Indian and western, plus introducing new singers with distinct voice quality. Right from 1993 onwards, till today music industry has not been able to fathom the inexhaustible talent of the composer.

Article in Nazara, 2001
sweetdisha thumbnail

Rahman doesn't talk much he lets his music do the talking.. When the singer feels that they can give only 50% of what he is expecting, Rahman knows how to extract upto 100% from them!

Singer Unnimenon (Ambalam, 2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

It is every singer's dream to work with A R Rahman because he makes you feel like God. I worked with Rahman for a beautiful song called E Nazneen suno and for Nayak. Of course, I did get nervous when I had to record with him, especially since he records at an unearthly hour like three in the night. But he makes you feel as if you are AR Rahman and he is just an ordinary fellow. Other music directors should learn to be humble like him. Today's music directors do not respect their singers. If one singer is not around they replace them with another. Also, they demoralise you when you are in front of the mike.

Singer Abhijeet (SRK World, 2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

I have learnt many things from many music directors. If you single out A.R.Rahman, I can quote his relentless labour, high enthusiasm, and commitment to the tasks at hand. He would never compromise on the quality of a song. He is quality-conscious and individualistic.

Music director Harris Jayaraj (2001)
sweetdisha thumbnail

A R Rahman not only gave me the break (in Dil Se), he taught me a lot of techniques in composing music arrangement and recording. He was the one to impress upon the need to be technically perfect before any producer could be expected to invest in you.

Singer / Composer Sukhvinder Singh (Deccan Herald, 2000)
sweetdisha thumbnail

Music is spiritual, its not a formula.

A R Rahman (The Week, Apr 2 2000)