Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Hemant Kumar... (Page 7)

musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I just realised that majority of my fav songs are sung/composed by Hemant da, so he is my fav MD from now on. He composed music in few selected films but each one of them was classic. His songs have touched me most. Smile

Oh yes, SS....Hemantda was a fantastic composer too. My fav film is Saheb Biwi aur Gulam!!!

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by musicpulse

Originally posted by juggyE

Thanks Juggyji for the articles and also others who have posted other articles.
Hemantada is universally lovable...with a sweet voice and a sweet Bengali lisp. Best male voice to grace the Hindi films.
If I were to choose his three best, I would choose,
-Na yeh chand hoga
-teri duniya mein jeene se to behtar hai
-Chupa lo yun dil mein pyar mera
Clap

Geeta ji, I just started the thread. A lot more contributions came from Qwest and Soulsoup. If you get a chance, do download the one song that I've uploaded... A very "hat-ke" composition from Anand Math...

Juggyji, Thanks a lot...how could I miss thisWinkI knew this song....There is also a Hemantda solo slow no. in Anarkali...very minimum music...complete thrust on vocals .........yahan so rahi hai anarkali....its the story of Anarkali told in a song. Hemantda is superb!!!

Yes Geeta ji,

Thats "ai baad-e-sabaa aahista chal" - again a very nice song. Great lyrics with very less accompanying music...

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

Monday, August 25, 2003
Web Jingle

...kehte hain mujhko Hawa Hawaii
Amit Puri

Kavita KrishnamurthySHARDA Krishnamurthi, aka Kavita Krishnamurthy, was exposed to classical music and dance from a very early age. Her father, a government official, and her mother encouraged her to learn music since childhood.

Jaya Chakravarty, Hema Malini's mother, suggested Kavita that she sing for Bollywood and try her luck in filmdom. Though her father was apprehensive initially, yet later Kavita managed to assure him that she would complete her college education first.

Kavita did her Bachelors in Economics from St. Xaviers' College, Mumbai, which helped her get some exposure. Later, she came across Ranu Mukherjee, a singer and the late composer-singer Hemant Kumar's daughter, who was her classmate. She introduced Kavita to her father. Kavita's first recording was a Bengali film duet with Lata Mangeshkar in 1971. Hemant Kumar was impressed by her performance and gave her chance to perform on stage with him. Later she sang with Manna De. She was widely noticed in the TV music show — Aarohi, with Manna De and got chances to do jingles. After a long struggle, her major success was the song Hawa hawaii for the film, Mr India.

Once on firm footing, she sang many songs for movies like Saaz, Mohra, Vinashak, 1942 - A Love Story, Eeshwar, Viraasat, Chaalbaaz, Gupt, Tere Mere Sapne, Hum dil de chuke sanam, Deewangi, Zubeidaa, Astitva, Moksha, Koi mil gaya and many more.

Edited by Qwest - 20 March 2006 at 1:32pm
musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 4:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyasdfgh

Hemantada is universally lovable...with a sweet voice and a sweet Bengali lisp. Best male voice to grace the Hindi films.
-Na yeh chand hoga
Clap

Geetaji why would you call his voice sweet?! His powerful baritone can be considered as masculine as could be.
And Bengali lisp!!?? I thought he had better diction than bengalis in general as he was from lucknow and grew up knowing hindi...and even when he sang the marathi song.. he was too good....
For all that he was a real treat to listen to Smile

Hello, qwertyji, My Friend in disagreement!!

Whoever told you, male voices cannot be sweet along with being masculine? Did I say, he sounded effeminate?Confused. Plz read carefully, I said he had the best voice amongst all the male singers.

And I am not talking about dictionConfused...his rendition of songs had a Bengali feel, touch to it. Nothing wrong in that! Infact that is what makes him so much more lovable.Big smile

Let us talk about his Marathi song qwertyji.Wink.I can definitely tell you he didn't sound Maharashtrian in that. Ofcourse, he is wonderful in the song. I love that song, bcz as usual he is sweetWink

musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Oh Hemantda did have a Bangla lisp to him - 'Ya dil ki suno, duniya walon, ya muhko Yabhi chup rEhnein do...main gham ko khushi kEIsE kehedoon..jo kEhEte hEin unko, kEhEne do Wink

Come one its not at all that evident as you are trying to make it as it was with say a Hariharan song..for eg..

Kya hai qwertyji? This time we both are completely praising Hemantda...we are not writing anything against him. Plz don't make it look like we are accusing him of having a Bengali diction. His songs had a Bengali feel to them, and read this..IT IS A POSITIVE THING. Hence no need to read too much into it.Smile

musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

You say Hariharan has an accent when he sings? LOL LOL LOL

Qwertyji, Hariharan used to take Urdu classes to get his diction right. He's quite a respected Ghazal singer. You can't have a ghazal singer with bad diction

Listen to one song - Tu hi re.. and you will know what I am saying..especially the stanza... and if you miss that.. then either we are cross-talking or we agree to disagree ... Smile

If I am not wrong, Tu hi re is sung by two diff singers...there are diff versions availableSmile

And let me repeat...this is not about diction. Bengali language is supposed to be one of the sweetest languages in the world. So anybody who speaks Benagli as mother tongue..has that natural sweet way of speaking!!! KK, Mannada..inspite of being Bengalis didn't have it so glaringly. In Hemantda's case it was prominent...not a negative thing. Yes LAtaji sounds Maharashtrian...does that mean she has a Maharashtrian diction?Confused

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

-Na yeh chand hoga
Clap

Geetaji why would you call his voice sweet?! His powerful baritone can be considered as masculine as could be.
And Bengali lisp!!?? I thought he had better diction than bengalis in general as he was from lucknow and grew up knowing hindi...and even when he sang the marathi song.. he was too good....
For all that he was a real treat to listen to Smile

Hello, qwertyji, My Friend in disagreement!!

Whoever told you, male voices cannot be sweet along with being masculine? Did I say, he sounded effeminate?Confused. Plz read carefully, I said he had the best voice amongst all the male singers.

And I am not talking about dictionConfused...his rendition of songs had a Bengali feel, touch to it. Nothing wrong in that! Infact that is what makes him so much more lovable.Big smile

Let us talk about his Marathi song qwertyji.Wink.I can definitely tell you he didn't sound Maharashtrian in that. Ofcourse, he is wonderful in the song. I love that song, bcz as usual he is sweetWink

Sorry MPji have to disagree here(maybe for the first time I agree with Querty(has to be a full moon dayWink)

Somehow sweet only correlates with Alka more than with Hemantda, He has more of a Nasheela voice

BTW 3 out of 4 Marathi songs are super-hit

Marathi paaval padate pude (w/ chorus) Maratha Tituka Melvava Anandghan 1963
Mii dolkara dolkara (w/ Lata and chorus) Non-film Hridayanath Mangeshkar Koli geet 1970
Pritichya chaand raati Non-film Anil-Arun Shantaram Nandgoakar 1972
Gomu sangteena (w/ Asha) Ha khel savalyancha Hridayanath Mangeshkar Sudhir Moghe 1975

I did not know marathi paul padhte pudhe was not a marathi singer, you cant tell, 90% of marathi people wont be able to tell those three songs are not sung by a Bengali singer

just my POV

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

arre sareg you dont call it a full moon day - u say akkal ani dokuh donhi thikanyavar aahe LOL LOL

It is one of the most scariest thoughts actually agreeing with Qwerty on something, I am checking did I wear the shirt inside out or what, it is that kind of a day

anyway what's up with you, acchi baat bhi tum dhang se nahi kahte yaar, hazaar bengali logo ko dukhake Hemantda ke tareef

you are like a gun that hits the shooter more than the target? No wonder you are in the HR campWink

Go to top