Hemant Kumar... (Page 13)

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Qwest

Originally posted by soulsoup

Originally posted by punjini

I always felt that a person who can compose music has to have an IQ level higher than one who just sings whatever she/he is asked to sing by an MD. And if a person can both sing and compose brilliantly, you can imagine his IQ level. So it was with Hemant Kumar.

Punjini- you correctly pointed out the IQ factor. Hemanta was also one of the founder members of Gna Natya Sangha at Mumbai (along with Salil Choudhury).

I believe IQ and emotional intelligence is a must in performing artist. Even with great technical capability – without emotional intelligence one can go only so far!
Anol Da, check this video link you will love it.

Thanks Qwest Bhai Smile

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

I always felt that a person who can compose music has to have an IQ level higher than one who just sings whatever she/he is asked to sing by an MD. And if a person can both sing and compose brilliantly, you can imagine his IQ level. So it was with Hemant Kumar.
punjini ji, check the video link you will love it belive me.
Barnali IF-Rockerz
Barnali
Barnali

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 10:55pm | IP Logged

Very well said punjini. It really need a very high IQ level when yu hav to compose as well as sing the song. And tht too so exquisitely. Hemantda was jst too gud in my opinion both as MD and singer.

punjini IF-Dazzler
punjini
punjini

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

You seem to fathom exactly what appeals to me. I loved those little video clips. Some songs were familiar, some were not. Now I've got to watch those films in entirety!

I am going to send this link to my mother and sister and I expect some euphoric reactions from them.
advil IF-Sizzlerz
advil
advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 11:34pm | IP Logged

Qwestji,

What a fantastic link !

It is just too good. Thank you so much.

Originally posted by ad_0112

I love hemanta da 's songs. Some of the bengali numbers are awesome. I loved the following :

" runner chteche tai jhum jhum ghanta bajhchhe raate"
" o nadi go,ektu kotha sudhai tobu tomare"
" kono ek gaayer bodhur kotha tomai shonai shono"
"Charono dharite diyo go ammare" from dadar kirti.

He has soo many masterpieces.

ad_0112 ji   Did you watch the Video link that I have just posted man you will love it.

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Barnali

Very well said punjini. It really need a very high IQ level when yu hav to compose as well as sing the song. And tht too so exquisitely. Hemantda was jst too gud in my opinion both as MD and singer.

Barnali ji, I told punjini ji that she is simply brilliant need to have that level of IQ to see that kind of IQ.
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 11:58pm | IP Logged

Qwestji,

What a fantastic link !

It is just too good. Thank you so much.

I love hemanta da 's songs. Some of the bengali numbers are awesome. I loved the following :

" runner chteche tai jhum jhum ghanta bajhchhe raate"
" o nadi go,ektu kotha sudhai tobu tomare"
" kono ek gaayer bodhur kotha tomai shonai shono"
"Charono dharite diyo go ammare" from dadar kirti.

He has soo many masterpieces.

ad_0112 ji   Did you watch the Video link that I have just posted man you will love it.

ad ji,  o nadi go,ektu kotha sudhai tobu tomare" I am very good with this one my first song from my Guru ji that I have learn. I told you will love that link.
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 17 April 2006 at 12:23am | IP Logged

You seem to fathom exactly what appeals to me. I loved those little video clips. Some songs were familiar, some were not. Now I've got to watch those films in entirety!

I am going to send this link to my mother and sister and I expect some euphoric reactions from them.

Thanks, I know you will like it.

Go to top