0 [0.00%]
2 [13.33%]
3 [20.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Hi guys it seems hardly any one liked the topic i suggested in the first poll.LOL

I got a few PM's with suggestion , more than half the suggested topics had been discussed before . But there were still a few good suggestionsTongue and here they are i have put them in a poll for you to pick. I will check the outcome in the evening for the maximum votes and go for that topic . I will certainly annouce whose topic was selected !!

So please think before you vote ...........plz do not tell me later that i accidentally voted for the wrong one !Ouch

Also i expect a great particpation in this debate .More the names the better .Smile So come on hurry up . I am excited ............are you ???????????

Lastly i have decided since i let you pick the topic , we will decide on whose side you are arguing for - in favour or against to make it tougher !!Wink

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged
I got some new suggestion for a topic from another member . But i can't edit this poll but plz do consider this while voting . If you don't like either of the above .........but like any of these 3 given below plz then just post your answer .

1. The Education System in India: our education is so based on books and who scores well in the exams... there is no scope for creative talent or practical stuff being taught ..isnt it about time we had a change here

2. Westernisation of our cultures: why is it that we are losing our cultural identity and aping the Westerners?..for a civilisation that is more than 5000 years old..we have a culture that is unique and sets us apart from the rest so why leave it behind?

3. Advertisements: all lies and just another way for the bigshots of business to convince customers to get things that they really dont need? I am not saying we dont need them..but arent they like a necessary evil?

Edited by Aparna_BD - 19 March 2006 at 8:29am
delilah Goldie
delilah
delilah

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 8:42am | IP Logged

I am having a tough time deciding between these :-

1.Parents-over restrictive,over strict- negative effect or not

2.Westernisation of our cultures

3.21st Century : are we moving forward in the right direction

4. Advertisements

5. Is fluency in English required for success in India?

I think i will go for 21ST Century: are we moving forward in the right direction

Edited by delilah - 19 March 2006 at 8:45am
heart girl IF-Sizzlerz
heart girl
heart girl

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
I like this one "2. Westernisation of our cultures: why is it that we are losing our cultural identity and aping the Westerners?..for a civilisation that is more than 5000 years old..we have a culture that is unique and sets us apart from the rest so why leave it behind? " Interesting it is!
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
o.k gr8 but plz vote till Monday morning (U.S time). First thing i'll lock this topic when i wake up !! Then you can see for yourself what has been voted the maximum for !! Smile
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
westernization...and aparna di...do 2nd time participants get a leeway Wink
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

westernization...and aparna di...do 2nd time participants get a leeway Wink

No leeway sweetie !!LOL. I will be asking all Debating Championship previous contests particpants to let me know if they are interested . Incase we don't have enough particpants only then will there name be considered . Other wise we'd like every one to get an opportunity to debate !!Tongue

So as of now we have 6 votes for 21st Century are we moving forward,
3 votes for over strict parents
2 votes for Westernisation

great !! So far we know 21st century is really leading !!Tongue

Come on guys plz vote . another 14 hours before i make the decision (i.e tommorow morning)Tongue
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged
well now you know what the topic for the next debate is !! Tongue
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top