Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bluemangos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Its a singing competition for crying out loud, you shouldn't judge people by looks.
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
maybe because he has been voted out from indianidol 2then saregama &now again he is participating perhaps this is the reason
rausa thumbnail
When was he in Indian Idol 2?

He is a good singer, with a lil' bit of training he can be awesome. He is better than Niladri & Paresh & ofcourse lots of II2 folks.
bollywood_queen thumbnail
i agree with the main reasons given already...but i also think it does have a little to do with the reason he gave himself "kyunki main chhote gaon se aaya hoon"...i think because of this other contestants don't find him to be on their mentality level...as in just generally getting along and having things in common (age also plays a part)...u never see see any of the contestants seemin chummy with him (unless he's cooked them a meal 😛 )

i have to say, the whole thing does seem kinda staged tho 😕...when no1 was picking him he seemed really distressed and hurt...but surely he knew in advance since all the contestants must have been told which lines they will be singing and the performances were choreographed 😕 ...the whole thing might just be another scam to gain him sympathy (like the whole nightmares episode 😆 )

(btw- no offence to rajeev...he's just a sweet, simple guy following the script)
ummm thumbnail
I don't think it has anything to do with his (1) hailing from chamba (2) being a cook (3) looks (4) age.

The most probable and convincing reason, as Abhi has already pointed out, is the range difference. As a singer, I can imagine that most women would dread singing with Rajeev, especially if the duet is being evaluated, for 2 reasons -(1) They won't be able to keep up comfortably with his high range and run high chances of going flat (2) He won't sound good singing at a low range.

Regarding his singing - I think he was good in the songs of his range. Oopar Khuda, Rang de basanti and another couple of his songs were really good. It is difficult to compare his singing with Paresh's for most part - while Paresh is good at low range, fast, romantic, new age numbers, Rajiv is cool at high range, folk or punjabi kind of songs.
Edited by ummm - 18 years ago
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sorry to all the people that like rajeev,
but he sounds like a old guy to me 😆
Mansee thumbnail
in II?? Really?? i too felt sorry for him...