Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 8)

bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 12:58am | IP Logged
thanks ash Smile and everyone else who contributed as well Embarrassed i will post more stuff later Embarrassed

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:08am | IP Logged

As promised, details of Himeshji's interview which he gave Saturday evening to a UK radio station... (omg the dj was so lucky she got to speak to him AngryLOLEmbarrassed)

Ok well firstly he thanked all his fans for the "love  & support" we have given him when he has produced music such as Humraaz/Aitraaz/Tere Naam & now ABA & his album Aap ka Surroor.

For nasal singing he said in his album he has sung in "all" ranges - esp Chhed de pyar ki baat & I love you O Sayyoni are sung in lower, middle octaves.

What really touched me was he said for us (his fans) he said "main aapni poori zindagi music ka naam kardoonga" Embarrassed & of course he mentioned how his "daddy" (Vipin Reshammiya) has always been the one to give him classical training & guide him.

Then before the interview closed, the DJ requested Himeshji to sing & he sang "Humko Deewana Kar Gaye" remix Wink

So hope you all enjoyed the extracts of the interview!

If i find it for download, I'll post the link here.

Jem

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:15am | IP Logged

thanks di..........

did he say anything else...

how long was da interview

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:18am | IP Logged
The music composer refuses to share sound space with Himesh Reshammiya in T series film
SUBHASH K JHA

Professional rivalry and a fall-out had been brewing between Himesh Reshammiya and Anu Malik for some time now. But the fracas has come on faster than one imagined. It was bad enough for Anu that Himesh Reshammiya's numbers were riding high on the charts and he subsequently walked away with all the popular awards this year. But the final blow to Anu's pride was delivered when T Series brought together Himesh and Bhushan Kumar's sister Tulsi Kumar for an added song in the Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif romance Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, a film for which Anu was composing music.
"I've had issues earlier with people like David Dhawan and Mukesh Bhatt for bringing other c o m p o s e r s into the picture," says Anu.

I'm not trying to make a career as a singer

Anu Malik spits venom at fellow musician Himesh Reshammiya
   But I was given to understand that the whole score in Humko Deewana….is mine. In fact, I never do soundtracks where I have to share sound-space with others. How was I to know that a song will be added after the release of the album?"
   Anu admits that Himesh's number came as a shock to him. "I had no idea this was coming. I've now decided to get a written contract with every producer; this will ensure no other composer being brought in at the last minute. I've spoken to Harry Baweja about it. I told him I'll do his son's Love Story 2050 only if I have it in writing that I'll be the only music composer. Harry is a sweet man. He understood what I've gone through."
   "It's very clear that T Series is promoting one music director only. I wish them all the best," adds Anu. "I'm happy with my daal-chawal. I don't want biryani. I'm not trying to make a career as a singer. In fact, after this incident I went to Bhushan Kumar and asked him to cancel my contract with T Series."
   The music director had recently signed a three-year contract with the music company as composer and singer for non-film albums. "As I said I'd rather focus on my composing career right now. So this incident (with T Series) has been a blessing in disguise. It has helped me to get my priorities right. I don't want to do private albums. Not when J.P. Dutta's Umrao Jaan is around the corner. At this point in my career, I'm looking to compose for the likes of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra. I wouldn't have been able to do so if I had to divert my energies to private albums."
   Reacting to Anu's outburst, Himesh replies, "I've the highest regard for Anuji. He's my senior and I've been deeply impressed by his track record. I've no interest in poaching on anybody else's domain, least of all Anuji's. I agreed to do the song for the promotional video of Humko Deewana Kar Gaye only after T-Series showed me the NOC (no objection certificate) from Anu-ji. If he had an objection to my song, then why did he give them an NOC?"
   Meanwhile, Bhushan Kumar of T-Series says, "We see absolutely no reason for Anuji to be upset with Himesh doing the promotional song. Does he say he had no choice but to give the NOC? I don't know what he means by that. There was no pressure on him to give the NOC. We're going to put out a new edition of the Humko…. soundtrack with Himesh's song in it."

ANU MALIK

Composer-turned-singer

Judge on Indian Idol

Known to be brash and rude with contestants

Had differences with Farah and Sonu over contestants

He used shayari to describe the performance but never praised contestants

Promised to give some contestants a break in Bollywood

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA

Composer-turned-singer

Judge on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa

Boasted about and promoted only his protg Vinit

Never had any arguments with co-judges

He was vociferous in his praise for Vinit resulting in his protg's over-confidence

Vinit has sung for Himesh in the film Rocky

OH GOD... HOW I FEEL LIKE BASHING THIS ANU MALIKAngry

Edited by ash_schwarzen - 20 March 2006 at 1:25am
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Tom Dick and Harry' follows the trend
By MIO Team
Mar 17, 2006, 11:05

Printer friendly page

A new trend has bitten Bollywood. Filmmakers are crazy about promotional music videos for their films these days. It was filmmakers like Ram Gopal Verma, Yash Chopra, Priyadashan and Anant Mahadevan who have used this technique in the past. Now, director Deepak Tijori is also going to shoot a promotional music video for his next film titled 'Tom Dick and Harry'.

The music video will feature lead actors of the film Dino Morea, Jimmy Shergill, Anuj Swahney, Celina Jaitley and Kim Sharma. It has been shot at Mumbai's coffee joint Cafe Latte. The director is trying to portray the film's characters in the music video too.

The latest hit music director Himesha Reshammiya has composed the tunes of this album. The song titled 'Jhoom Jhoom' from the film is already a chartbuster. The film is expected to hit the theatres next month.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/hindi/3786/
Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 6:10am | IP Logged

Reshammiya Says "Samjho Na"

Well, its not really our fault if a news item about Himesh Reshammiya finds a place on plenty of websites on an almost daily basis. Afterall the man is not resting at all and finding his name plastered everywhere, be it billboards, talent hunt shows or album covers.

Unrelenting in his onscreen appearances to the songs sung by him, he would now be seen in the music video of the third song from his private album 'Aap Ka Surroor'. A painful song with an agonizing cry to your loved one, 'Samjho Na' features Reshammiya in his bearded best as he searches, finds and then looses his love.

The music video has been imaginatively shot as a young boy and girl are shown building castles in the air (literally) as they walk over the clouds at their innocent best.

It was Firoz's idea," Himesh  says lamely. "I was only to do one number. But since he felt my voice suited three more numbers, I had to yield to his requests."

Himesh Reshammiya, the new hotshot composer on the block, has also made it a practice to lend his vocals regularly—he has playbacked six songs in this year alone and  his solo album is also released now.

"I have a good, trained voice," he says by way of justification. "And since I sang the title track of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, which is the biggest musical hit of 2005, I have been inundated with offers to sing. However, Himesh the music composer decides whether Himesh the singer should be used. I don't impose myself on any producer."

The fight between composers and singers to steal the best song in an album is on for another reason as well. "A hit song can fetch a singer big money and repeat value at shows," points out a renowned music critic.

.And now Himesh is  a new threat to the already dwindling opportunities: the music director who's itching to turn singer.

Edited by Sarkar - 20 March 2006 at 6:25am
cutegirl10 Senior Member
cutegirl10
cutegirl10

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:09am | IP Logged

The tagline for 'Tom Dick and Harry' says – 'You Can't Ignore Them'. True, but can you ignore the composer of the album? The man who goes by the name of Himesh Reshammiya? The man is just about everywhere – on every billboard, every music channel and every album cover. Close on the heels of 'Banaras – A Mystic Love Story' comes yet another musical score from the young composer-singer Himesh and doesn't it come at just the right time when the curiosity about the music has just reached it's peak? Starring Dino Morea, Jimmy Shergill and Anuj Sawhney in the lead roles along with beautiful bods Celina Jaitley and Kim Sharma and menacing Gulshan Grover, Tom Dick and Harry seems to be much more refined product from Oracle Entertainment, the makers of sleazy 'Fun – Can Be Dangerous Sometimes'. Deepak Tijori would certainly be mighty excited about his best publicized product so far after the triple debacle of 'Oops', 'Khamosh' and 'Fareb'.

It's 'Jhoom Jhoom' all over the country and you have to credit Himesh Reshammiya, Sameer and music company T-Series for that. From day one of the song's premier on the small screen, they have gone full throttle with the song's publicity and there is not a single day since last fortnight when a viewer hasn't got a chance to see the 'men in black' dance to this groovy tune that has an amazing quality to make you glued to the screen. It won't be wrong to say that the song has it in it to turn out to be another 'Dhoom Machale' [Dhoom] in just about a few more days. Akbar Sami's remix version goes a step extra by adding on some further zing to this already foot tapping number and the results are for everyone to be seen. Now if the movie turns out to be successful then there is going to be no looking back for this wonderfully directed song by Prashant Chaddha. Himesh Reshammiya delivers yet another superhit number that should top the music charts from here, which is currently being dominated by 'Rang De Basanti' since the movie's release!

When 'Tanha Jiya Na Jaaye' begins, you know it is another popular song in the making. Himesh Reshammiya is the usual suspect once again, who is moderately pitched this time around rather than going full steam at high pitch (as he is in most of his popular songs so far). A foot tapping rhythmic number that has newcomer female singer Ahir giving good support to Reshammiya, 'Tanha Jiya' doesn't have a single dull moment. With a feel good factor attached to it, it should be about time that the song makes an appearance on the small screen, though it would be interesting to see if it comes first or its remix version by DJ Akbar Sami.

Now this is one chartbuster song that is going to make you hop on to 'Tom Dick and Harry'. By all accounts 'Tere Sang Ishq' is one track that is far more rhythmic and foot tapping than even 'Jhoom Jhoom' and you are going to believe these words when the music video of the song is out. Reshammiya, both in the capacity of singer and composer, delivers what is expected of him these days and thankfully still manages to bring some variety on in spite of the flurry of songs he has churned in recent times. Tulsi Kumar is his female companion this time around and she can assure herself of yet another hit number after 'Janebe Janiya' [Aksar] and Title song [Humko Deewana Kar Gaye]. The song's original version comes after a gap and only helps in consolidating its position.

A song that seems to be designed for the character of Kim Sharma, who plays a fisherwoman in the movie, 'Yeu Kasi Kasi' seems to be a number that has its rhythm inspired from folk music of Maharashtra/Goa. Sung by Sonu Nigam and Richa Sharma, the song is foot tapping but a long run for it is ruled out as the song is nothing more than being situational. Its remix version by DJ Akbar Sami does help in pepping up the mood further on but its stint should be restricted to its playing time on screen.

'Cheena Re Cheena' is more hip in feel and this time around appears to be the one that has Celina Jaitley doing a pole dance. Rhythmic in approach, it has a Reshammiya stamp all over it as it belongs to the style that the composer had used to fullest during his 'Nikamma' [Kya Dil Ne Kaha] and 'Mohabbat Hai Mirchi' [Chura Liya Hai Tumne] days and most recently 'Teri Yaad Yaad' [Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi]. Sunidhi Chauhan and newcomer Ahir are the duo behind the track and come up with a 'masala' track that keeps the listener interested in both the original and remix version by DJ Akbar Sami.

Finally comes 'O Mitra Re' that begins with the signature tune that you hear along with the talkie promos of 'Tom Dick and Harry'. Kunal Ganjawala enjoys himself in this foot tapping love song that brings with a lot of fun and smiles. This is the kind of music that is working today and 'O Mitra Re' should be no exception. With a remix version to boost, one can expect an eye candy music video for this spirited song by Kunal that again has potential to be popular.

For Deepak Tijori, 'Tom Dick and Harry' brings some guaranteed musical success. So far the director may have been unlucky in his directorial outing but 'Tom Dick and Harry,' may just about change his fortunes as the music has enough potential to pull in the crowds that should result in a good initial for the movie. Himesh Reshammiya can assure himself of yet another musical success while T-Series is fully justified in pumping in money for the album's publicity. They are sure to get back much more than every penny spent!

yet another chartbuster album from himeh reshammiya

this is from indiafm

http://indiafm.com/movies/musicreview/12593/index.html

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 20 March 2006 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Thanks Jem on the interview

Thanks guys on posting and lets make this section rocking

Edited by teenindia_usa - 20 March 2006 at 11:06am

Go to top