Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 4)

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 9:37am | IP Logged
i just LOVE ALL his composisions...and the songs he has sunged himself... Wink   Wink Wink Wink

bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
okay so my faves are lyk ALL the songs he sings, but these ones i can't live w/out listening 2 everyday Wink
1)samjho na
2)jhalak dikhlaja
3)aap ki kashish
4)aashiq banaya apne
5)tera surror
6)naam hai tera
Wink Smile
love,
himani
p.s. i will post some pics now Wink Embarrassed
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
http://www.movietalkies.com/artists/artist-picturegallery-bi g.asp?ArtistId=45485&StillsId=1385
i really lyk this pic--iono how 2 add it so juss click on the link Wink
love,
himani
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Sarkar Goldie
Sarkar
Sarkar

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 2:14am | IP Logged

Model Deepika  Padukone (the Liril and Close-up girl ), who is currently making waves on TV in composer Himesh Reshammiya's  music video, has now finalised for her movie debut.

Even as there were reports that Deepika was being singled out by Farah Khan for her next film, Happy New Year, the svelte daughter of former All-England (World) badminton champion, Prakash Padukone, has gone ahead and signed a Kannada film. 

Why did she make her showbiz debut with a music video, when she was negotiating with various filmmakers for her Bollywood break? 

"Music-video offers kept coming in, but nothing had excited me that much. When Himesh and his sister Roopa Chadha (she is the stylist) and the video director, Prashant Chadha, called me to their office, they made me hear the song — Naam Hai Tera. Somehow, I connected with the music, which has a fusion of western rock and Indian melody.

My gut-feeling gave me the green signal to go ahead.  I also liked the surreal concept — where the guy has gone through heartbreak, and now meets my character, symbolising optimism and hope. Besides, it was decent, with no vulgarity.

she loves to talk about her debut music video for music director Himesh Reshammiya's album 'Aap ka Surroor' that has just been released.

Nineteen years old Deepika says, "I told Himesh that I would like to listen to the track first before we even start discussions. Unless the music is good, there's no point in going ahead with a video."

Deepika made her debut in modeling last year and soon became popular in fashion world. Though she has been getting new offers everyday she prefers to be choosy and says no to skin show. In fact one of the conditions she had laid out for Reshammiya before the shoot was that there would be no scenes of physical intimacy

Edited by Sarkar - 17 March 2006 at 3:48am
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
One of the most consistent music composers of today, Himesh Reshammiya has successfully established his own distinct style of music and is continuously rocking the roster of music chartbusters in the tinsel town. 'Tere Naam', whose album sale has broken all records in the last seven years, was a turning point for him.

Reshammiya is currently setting the music charts on fire with his runaway hits for Bollywood flicks like 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', 'Aksar', 'Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya' and others. A person who is actually in love can easily find personal identification and romance in every song of his.

With 'Aksar', Reshammiya is hitting the marquee this season with spontaneity. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to him. With Reshammiya, one can safely expect a musical score high on melody and soul.
bigmouth IF-Dazzler
bigmouth
bigmouth

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
oye yaarz no pix or exciting news today?
okay well i have an article Embarrassed

For a man who virtually came in from the cold, Himesh Reshammiya's career in 2005 was a rocking roster of chartbusters.

"I don't know how it happened," he says, modestly. "But the journey has been exciting, especially in the last year when the big banners suddenly woke up to me."

Earlier, Reshammiya was one of the also-rans, waiting at the fringes of the charts where Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit and Shankar-Ehsan-Loy ruled. Tere Naam (2004) was a turning point. "I owe that score and a lot of the other things I compose to Laxmikant-Pyarelal. They are my idols. Unfortunately, that is not what today's average listener wants to hear. I realised that when Just Chill and Aashiq Banaya Aapne hit the charts."

More on rediff.com!

'Our PM is a complete freak'

The Bong connection

Rediff Movie Awards 2006

Aashiq Banaya, with Reshammiya handling the nasal sufi vocals himself, was the biggest single of 2005. "It really became big... yes, bigger than I thought it would. It is being played at every pub and party. I'm flattered. The good innings that began with Aitraaz last year really grew this year. But I realise the profile of music listeners has changed considerably. Today, the average listener is 23 years old, and he downloads music. My songs have to be targeted at that group. That's the only way a film score can work."

Hence, the sufi-rock sounds of Aashiq Banaya Aapne. One hears a similar tune in Anant Mahadevan's Aksar. "Yes, I realise that. But I'm not going to pursue that sound this year. I like to create a sound, and then leave it behind. This year, you'll hear a different sound from me in Abbas-Mustan's 36 China Town, Satish Kaushik's Shaadi Se Pehle, Priyadarshan's Phir Hera Pheri, Anil Sharma'a Apne and Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir."

Dharmesh is a significant Reshammiya convert. So far, both Darshan brothers -- Suneel and Dharmesh -- have sworn by the sounds of Nadeem-Shravam. Nadeem had done such chartbusters as Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan for Dharmesh's cinema. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to Reshammiya. The composer shrugs off the melodist's mantle. "I'm not here to displace anyone. I'd be happy just doing my work. My time has been divided between composing for around six-seven assignments and serving as a judge on the music contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa."

He is extremely pleased with the quality of singing he has heard on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. "One of the contestants, Vinit Singh, has already sung for me in Rocky. I definitely plan to use other voices, like Himani Kapoor, who is outstanding. We're a nation of singers. Not all Indians watch films, but do you know anyone who doesn't listen to Lataji, Ashaji, Mohd Rafi or Kishore Kumar?"
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Himesh roped in for Humko Deewana... video
IndiaFM | Saturday, 18 March , 2006, 13:28

Here comes yet another music video to join the recent bandwagon of the promotional tracks that's flooding the Hindi film industry. So, after movies like 'Dus', 'Bluffmaster', 'Garam Masala', 'Taxi No 9211', 'Aksar', 'Darna Zaroori Hai' and more recently 'Tom Dick and Harry' and 'Chup Chup Ke' that have used the same technique to promote their films, director Raj Kanwar's forthcoming movie Humko Deewana Kar Gaye will also have a music video to promote the film.

This special video will feature the leading pair of Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. Music director Himesh Reshammiya has also been asked to step in the video taking into account his present popularity in the world of music videos. Interestingly, all the other songs in the film have been composed by Anu Malik.

Himesh has been roped in only for this particular number considering that it's a T-Series film. The late Gulshan Kumar's daughter and T-Series head Bhushan Kumar's sister, Tulsi Kumar gives Himesh company in the track as the female playback singer. The duo had last come together for the track 'Janabe Janiya' from Aksar that turned out to be an instant hit.

The video has been shot by T series and lyrics have been done by Sameer.
Print | Mail | Post your comments | Rate this Feature

>> More News

Go to top