Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 39)

NBA ALL-STAR Senior Member
NBA ALL-STAR
NBA ALL-STAR

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 7:34pm | IP Logged

Singer and Composer: Himesh Reshammiya   

SOURCE: YAHOO! INDIA NEWS

He produced TV serials and composed their title tracks. But films were his calling. After nearly 10 years of struggle, Tere Naam's emotional beats catapulted Himesh Reshammiya to the big league. Then on there has been no stopping him. Besides making some great music, he is also singing to his own tunes. With Aashiq Banaya Aapne and Jhalak Dikhlaja , he made nasal Sufi notes a trend. This year he promises to create sounds that are very different

HR INTERVIEW:

The craziest thing you've ever done and #8230?
I don't do too many crazy things.

Your best trait?
Being down to earth.

And your worst?
I am very emotional.

If you could blow up a million bucks in one day...
I'd blow them up and then repent...

What makes you laugh?
Any Hrishikesh Mukherjee film.

What is the last book you read and liked and why?
I don't read, yaar!

Two guests you'd love to have home for dinner and why?
Sylvester Stallone and Britney Spears. And why is very obvious.

If you could go back in history, which period would you like to live in?
I am happy living in this era. No going back in time for me.

Your favourite ghar ka khana?
There is a certain daal that my mom cooks.

One bad habit you wish you could get rid of?
I sleep very little. Wish I could get more sleep.

What would you wear on a hot date?
I'd stick to basics and #8230; Denims.

What is in your handbag/wallet?
God and my parents' blessings.

Your worst nightmare?
Mumbai getting flooded.

The stress buster that always works for you and #8230?
Watching movies.

Your favourite one-liner?
Live and let live.

You get bored when and #8230?
I don't have too much to do.

What makes you lose your temper?
Dirty politics.

The corner of your house you love the most?
My drawing room sofa.

Your dream machine is and #8230?
My mobile.

What's on your bedside table?
A glass of cold milk.

What do you never leave home without?
I never leave without touching my parents' feet.

The sexiest man/woman you can think of?
Salman Khan. And the woman is too personal.

Your favourite city in the world? Mumbai.

Your guilty passion/secret?
Chocolates.

I DONT KNOW WHY IT SAYS #8320 ALL THE TIME!

Edited by NBA ALL-STAR - 26 March 2006 at 7:48pm

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 7:51pm | IP Logged

thanx nba...but this interview is posted already..i think...but thanx newayz...
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
nicecelina
hi nba
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
I liked this article: enjoy guys
angela

Actress-director Vandana Sajnani's first musical show, Himesh Reshammiya's debut concert Aap Ka Saroor, at the Country Club in Dubai, was a huge hit.

But Emraan Hashmi got the surprise of his life when Reshammiya presented him with a three-tiered birthday cake (on March 24) on stage, and had the 8,000-strong crowd standing up and singing "happy birthday" to him.

Emraan was thrilled

Says an excited Emraan, "I was shocked but thrilled! It was so unexpected. It was my first stage show and I couldn't have had it better and brought in my birthday so beautifully. Himesh kept a surprise for me on stage for my birthday – a cake was cut and he and the entire audience sang 'happy birthday' for me in Dubai. The concert was a hit."

The kissing sensation made an entry attired in casuals walking behind a huge, red heart-shaped structure.

"I was just a silhouette behind it. The concept was fabulous. After Udita did a whole medley of songs they played my Jhalak dikhlaja song, after which I broke open the heart and walked towards the crowd dancing to the song," adds Emraan.

Says Sajnani, "We got to know it was Emraan's birthday and had him stay back. He was planning to take the flight immediately after the show. We wanted it to be surprise for Emraan and celebrate it amongst the people of Dubai. It was a huge, three-tiered, white-frosted cake, as big as Emraan himself. It was a gimmick I had planned."

Himesh adds, "Emraan and Udita were the guest stars, while Vineet and Himani the finalists from Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma and Abhijeet Sawant from Indian Idol also performed for the first time. Emraan's cake was so big it had to be brought in on the same hydraulic life that I made my grand entry on. It was a very emotional moment.

Usually they have our songs playing all over the Dubai Club but this was the first time they heard them live. I had a full jam session with my orchestra."

~*~RaS

Edited by teenindia_usa - 26 March 2006 at 9:24pm
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:50am | IP Logged

thanx NBA & angela .........

it was nice to know tat himeshji is addicted to his mobile ......loves chocolates .......& drinks COLD milk  ........which i do toooEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

wat abt #8230????Confused

Edited by ash_schwarzen - 27 March 2006 at 1:30am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:57am | IP Logged
angei which photos do u want Confused.................da ones i sent long ago????
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:16am | IP Logged

I am not a singer by fluke: Reshammiya

MUMBAI: His newfound fame and success as a singer has earned music director Himesh Reshammiya several enemies in the industry. Even colleague Anu Malik is now criticizing him.

Malik, who refused to share the credit with him after he recorded a number for T-series' latest production 'Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye', said he wouldn't allow anyone to invade his terrain unethically. Reshammiya says he was shocked after reading Malik's outburst, reports Bollywood Trade.

"It came as a big surprise, since I had sought a 'no objection' from Malik before recording the song for the film. It was only after the producer, Bhushan Kumar, got it in the writing that I recorded the song," said Reshammiya, adding he has been cautious about ethics throughout his career.

"I have always made sure that I do not intrude anyone's territory despite the several offers I keep getting. On the contrary, I had to share the credits with other music directors in 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya' and 'Hello Brother'

In another instance, singer Sonu Nigam expressed his reservations about Reshammiya sweeping away the awards for best singer this year, but the latter dismissed it with a smile.

He said: "I respect Sonu for his great singing prowess and I'd be happy if he walks away with all the awards for the best singer. I can't help it if the audiences make my songs a hit or the juries unanimously vote me as the best singer."

Reshammiya, who won the Filmfare award for the title track of 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', is unperturbed by the critical backlash by his colleagues and says the industry has been largely kind to him.

"I am neither hurt nor disturbed by the occasional backbiting and criticism from my colleagues. By and large, the music industry has been very supportive. It is just that some people are surprised with the fact that a music director, who is also a singer, has walked away with all the awards for singing

Probably for the first time in the music industry, a music director has been honoured for singing but I am not a singer by fluke. Before I got the desired effect in my voice, I trained in classical music under my father for several years.

"Of the many songs I have recorded so far, whether it is for my album, 'Aap Ka Suroor' or films, there is not a single song that hasn't topped the charts. 'Aksar' is my 28th album and the response has been phenomenal."

Meanwhile, he continues with his record-breaking spree at the music charts. After 'Aksar', he is now upbeat about the new track in director Deepak Tijori's 'Tom Dick and Harry' that has become the latest sensation.

Commenting upon Reshammiya's popularity as a singer Tijori said: "He is the biggest craze and whatever he records invariably makes it to the charts. He has got this amazing sense of music."

teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:51am | IP Logged
hi ash any are good thanks

Go to top