Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 321)

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
i hope u dont mind...
newayz... where is everybody? Confused

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 5:16am | IP Logged

Hey all,

Celina & Himani - i will PM you both about the siggy Wink Celina - the siggy you made for us is fab - i will try n rearrange my siggy to make it fit Smile

Ash - don't worry lil sis - i don't mind you posting all the articles Hug hum dono hi post karte hain naa Big smile

the ghost story is pathetic - in sab cheezo ki hadh ho gayi hai Dead

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Himeshji on the ghost issue..
Himesh is not spooked

Even as his popular number faces flak for being hypnotic

SUBHASH K JHA

Composer-singer Himesh Reshammiya, whose songs are racing up the music charts, could not have imagined that his popular score 'Jhalak dikhla ja...' could face flak for an apparent 'ghostly' link.
   In fact Reshammiya says that he finds the entire issue too bizarre to comment on, "I just want to focus on my work and if my music has such an impact what can I say. But they went to the same spot to check the authenticity of the story and conducted an experiment on some of the villagers. The results proved all those theories wrong. Doesn't that say it all?"
   Residents of Bhalej, a village about 80 km from Anand district in Gujarat have banned the song saying those who listen to it or sing it get possessed. "Getting possessed by evil power is not a new phenomenon. But of late the trend has increased. The evil follows you because the lyrics of the song have the words 'Aaja aaja' that invite the ghost," said a villager.
   Meanwhile, not one to be affected by this, Himesh is busy working on Ram Gopal Varma's Sholay and Sanjay Gupta's Alibaug. He says, "Yes, I've bagged Ramuji's Sholay. The original had an all-time great score by one of my role models, R.D. Burman. Besides, Ramu is a filmmaker I've wanted to work with Ramu for a long time. I love the kind of dark, brooding cinema that he makes." He also makes it a point to add, "There will be no replication of songs from Sholay except for 'Mehbooba o mehbooba…' which will have elements from the original RD score. But we plan to re-work it completely and take the tune to another level."
   As for Alibaug, he says, "Again, I've a chance to do something completely different from what I've done so far. Working with filmmakers like Ram Gopal Varma and Sanjay Gupta is an entirely new experience for me."

Source: TOI news paper

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 02 June 2006 at 6:41am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Himesh makes 'ghosts' come alive!

SHARIN WADER Times News Network

Singer Himesh Reshammiya's fan following has definitely increased. It's not just people who enjoy his songs, the singer has got the power in his voice to even raise the dead from their graves! A village in Vadodara has banned his song Jhalak Dhiklaja as they claim that the song awakens the dead who then come and haunt them. They claim that the song which goes as
"Jhalak dhiklaja, ek baar aaja, aaja, aaja..." brings the dead back to the village. The village heads have passed orders that nobody in the village will hear the song nor play it aloud. They have also burnt all the CDs and music cassettes of the song. However, Himesh seems unfazed by this. "What can I say about such beliefs. It's weird and I don't know how to react to all this," he says.
Source : TOI news paper

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 02 June 2006 at 6:40am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Jhalak dikhla ja

Now, really we could give anything to know what's on Himesh Reshammiya's mind here! The singer-composer looks like he is facing a trial he could have done without.
   Does it perhaps have to do with Anu Malik sitting right next to him? We can only wonder.
   But as it happened, the two musicians made, what seemed like a perfectly choreographed entry at a promotional event organised by Sanjay Gupta recently. Himesh walked in barely minutes after his rival and had the camerapersons demanding to shoot the two in a single frame. Anu seemed exceptionally cheerful and game to the idea unlike Himesh who (wearing a shopface under his trademark headgear) relented only after some convincing. Just for the record, no wrong notes were struck… in fact, no notes were struck at all!

Jugalbandi: Himesh Reshammiya and Anu Malik
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Hawa Hawaii

Dim lights, Samba beats and five models displaying wild creations — this in a nutshell comprised the night event at a city disc on Wednesday. Hey, don't think that a fashion show late at night would have no audience. Agreed that the number of revellers mid-week would not be the same as the crowd on weekends, but there were no dearth of admirers even at that hour. Keeping the Hawaiian theme in mind the designer had come up with creations that were wild and colourful. There were jungle prints, floral designs besides a few in gold and black combos.
Rusha, Priyanka, Ishika, Anusmriti and Debdutta carried off the designs giving a gap of 20 to 25 minutes between each sequence. On the music front, DJ Rohan spinned his nasha with Dus Bahane, Khalbali, Ya Ali and Right Here Right Now. Wait a second, there were tracks from the latest craze in the music market Himesh Reshammiya too. In fact, Tera Surroor got the crowd making a move for the dance floor and sweating it out there.

Source: TOI news paper
Reema_J IF-Sizzlerz
Reema_J
Reema_J

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Thanks for the great articles!

The "ghost" one is just silly! Confused Too weird! Embarrassed
Reema_J IF-Sizzlerz
Reema_J
Reema_J

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged

*Article edited! Embarrassed