Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 319)

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Himesh goes classical!
By MIO Team
Jun 01, 2006, 05:39

Printer friendly page

Himesh Reshammiya has a penchant for making groovy music and whatever the critics may pap about, his singing style just co-ordinates with the compositions. All those name and fame don't come just like that! After giving rocking hits one after another in the last few months, he is surely the man of the moment. Extending his territory he is all set to do something first of sorts for him and his millions of fans. Whatever Himesh touches nowadays turns to gold, and there is no hesitation in his mind when he goes along with an experimentation spree.

He has recently bagged the film 'Ram Gopal Varma Ki Sholay' and will be composing the songs for it, not to mention that he will be singing for some of them as well. Adding another feather to his cap, he'll render R.D.Burman's timeless classic 'Mehbooba Mehbooba'. The song will be picturised on Amitabh Bachchan in the film who'll don the role of Gabbar Singh here. Urmila Matondkar will play the part of Helen here.

RGV trusts that Himesh is the best for this song. Well we're waiting to hear that too!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/1772/

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:24am | IP Logged
o sorry jem di... thanx tho dint kno Ouch
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:30am | IP Logged
ash: datz EXACTLY wht my lil sis said after hearing this CRAP... shez 14 as well... she was like so wht itz tru of courze EVERYBODY including ghostz waghera waghera like him 2....everybody has a right 2 luv himeshji... hey cant help it... Wink
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 11:32am | IP Logged
newayz... it was just plain stupid... im ignoring it now...y get mad @ sumthing datz not even worth getting all worked up right?
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

hey guys ,

read dis new story abt Ghosts ...................dis song ( jhalak) affects & possess ONLY the muslim comunity !!!! , wah wah !! - dis is the best PJ i've ever heard !!!

read the artical !:

HindustanTimes.com  Infotainment  Story
A 'ghostly' link to Reshammiya's Jhalak Dikhla Ja !

Indo-Asian News Service

Ahmedabad, June 1, 2006

Composer-singer Himesh Reshammiya, whose songs are racing up the music charts, would not have imagined that his popular score Jhalak dikhla ja could face the flak for an apparently 'ghostly' link.

Residents of Bhalej, about 80 km from here in Anand district, have banned the song saying those who listen to it or sing it get possessed.

The villagers cite several cases to substantiate their claim.                               

One instance is of Firoz Thakor, 25, was allegedly caught under evil influence some 10 days ago while singing the song in the evening.

"He ate too much that day and started behaving strangely. He wasn't talking to anybody but himself and refused to budge from the place where he was sitting. He only became normal when we consulted the Maulana (priest)," said Aarif, Firoz's elder brother who runs a roller-shutter shop in the village.

The family members, however, didn't allow Firoz to talk to media because they feared it would bring a bad name to the family.

Isamiya Master, a retired schoolteacher in Thakor Mohalla, where several people have reportedly been possessed because of the song, recounted

Churning 'haunting' melodies!
five other cases.

"Getting possessed by evil power is not a new phenomenon. But of late the trend has increased. The evil follows you because the lyrics of the song have the words Aaja  aaja that invite the ghost," said the aged Master.

"Since the evil has 'infected' five to six people, we have decided that nobody here would play the song."

Rafiq Hussain, a shop owner in Thakor Mohalla, is aware of the superstition regarding the song.

"Transistors here catch Radio Mirchi and this particular song is played twice or thrice a day. Although I don't believe in such superstition, I switch off the radio when elders ask me to do so. Why should we invite unnecessary conflict?"

Interestingly, this Reshammiya score invites trouble only for members of the Muslim community.LOLLOLLOL

For Hindus living in the village of about 8,000 residents, there is a Gujarati hit number Sanedo sanedo that is believed to invite evil, a witch that harasses women in particular.

"A woman, Sushma, died of cancer some years ago. People say her husband didn't perform any rituals after her death.

The local belief is that Sushma possesses women who sing the song at a particular time of day," said Jayanti Patel (45).

Patel's wife was apparently under the evil influence last week.

"My family members took her to an exorcist and they claimed that she got cured," he said while denying that a ghost or witch could possess someone for singing a song.

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Himesh Reshammiya on a roll

Bollywood Trade News Network

Himesh ReshammiyaIt's a fad to listen to Himesh Reshammiya's songs these days. Youngsters are increasingly swooning over his songs, be it at parties, discotheques or the woofers in their cars exuding his songs. His ubiquitous presence on the celluloid and rocking songs say it all! His popularity has soared as never before. It's like Himesh here, Himesh there and Himesh everywhere.

The gossip mills have it that Himesh has been zeroed in to sing 'Mehbooba Mehbooba' for Ram Gopal Varma's film RAM GOPAL VARMA KI SHOLAY. It is a multi-starrer with actors Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Mohit Ahlawat, Katrina Kaif, Urmila Matondkar, Rani Mukherjee, Sunil Shetty and Rajpal Yadav. Big B will be seen playing Gabbar Singh while Urmila would be seen gyrating to the sizzling number. 

So will Himesh recreate the magic of R.D Burman???

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/06/jun/01himesh.asp

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Himesh ReshammiyaAnother feather in Himesh Reshammiya's cap!
01st June 2006  18.30 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau  

Himesh Reshammiya 's catchy melodies and nasal voice have really become popular among Hindi film music lovers.

The man who composed the hit music scores of movies like Aashiq Banaya Aapne , Aksar and Tom Dick And Harry is now on to a bigger task – composing for Ram Gopal Varma 's remake of Ramesh Sippy's hit movie Sholay .

While the movie will go on the floors in September, rough plan for the film's music has already been chalked out.

The most popular song of the film, Mehbooba Mehbooba, (originally sung by the inimitable R D Burman) will be rendered by Reshammiya.

There is a chance that Reshammiya himself might make a small appearance in the film for this song.

While the original was set in Gabbar Singh's den and was picturized on Helen , the number in Ramu's 'Sholay' will feature Urmila Matondkar .

The film has Amitabh Bachchan playing the role of Gabbar Singh.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/music/20060601-0.html

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 01 June 2006 at 1:08pm
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

hey guys !!!!!

Jem di - thanx di 4 da articals (  actually i kinda felt bad tat i post all the articals & left sum 4 U Hug)

My TV UPDATES :

B4U - i've noticed tat the video of I love you O sayyonni has been cut short i think its off 6+ mins ....but now on b4u its only of 5+ mins .....

can B4U wale do dis ???ConfusedConfused

i'm very lucky i must say - coz we have dis City local channel ,  which has a show where they ONLY play Himesh-ji songs ........all of aap kaa surroor - ABA - aksar - TDH - CCK ....literally all of his songs ....

& its not once a day but THRICE a day .................frm morning 10:30 - 11:30 am       evening - 4:00- 5:00         &a mp;a mp;a mp;n bsp; night - 11:30 -12:30

woooow now isn't dis a huge treat !!!! ....i get see him soooooooooooo many times ......Big smile

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------

abt the ghosts - my dad says tat ppl of gujarat ( or the ppl of tat village ) have done dis becoz of Jealousy !!!!!!! & ppl who don't like him  have their hand behind dis ................wat do u'll say ??

& my mum watching dis report on TV started laughing sooooooooo much tat it literally took her an hour & a half to stop !!!!!!LOL LOLLOL..........

she even went upto say tat " Himehs reshammiya's naam has to go 4 the guinness book of world records once again - for the 1st MD-singer who can attract not only youngster & ppl like me but also ghosts " LOL

today i was watching tat local channel & they played Jhalak & my mum & dad to tease me started say  " cum-on now change the channel we don't won't ghosts in the house " LOL

Oh BTW ..in which year is Himeshji's name added 2006 or 2007Confused ......coz guinness book of 2006 is out & was checking it & cldn't find his name

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 01 June 2006 at 3:42pm

Go to top