Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 313)

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
'I don't believe in talent!'

Quotable quotes from a hit-song-a-day Himesh Reshammiya

NATASHA CHOPRA

People can say what they want but Himesh Reshammiya sells. And, that according to the guy, is the only thing that matters. While talent is but a word, there are weightier matters that Himesh thinks led to his success. ''I don't believe in talent, I believe in God and destiny. I am not denying the existence of talent, but I feel success is a result of destiny and divine intervention. I also strongly believe in karma. One should not think bad of others, but simply immerse himself in his work and walk his path,'' is his noholds-barred take on life.
This is how he discounts what the critics say too. ''Veterans like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan used to sing at such a highpitched voice. I sing at a high-pitch too and that's why I sound so different. How could the critics label this as a 'nasal' voice?'' is Himesh's indignant question. How, indeed! But critics aside, Himesh is a brand name today. His hatke music is all the rage. But what took him so long to start singing? ''People always encouraged me to sing. But it was only during Aashiq Banaya Aapne though, that it happened. I was
looking for a fresh voice, but was unable to find a suitable one. Director Aditya Dutt heard me sing and asked me to do the honours instead,'' he reveals.
And then came his 'look'. ''I was supposed to do the video for Aashiq Banaya Aapne. I asked an old friend to direct it, and he designed my look with the cap and stubble. It has been a conscious look, which worked. And that is all that matters,'' points out the singer.
That's how he makes his music too — songs that work. ''My biggest inspirations have been Laxmikant Pyarelal and R D Burman. My music is a combination of both their music, but in a contemporary form. No one is an original composer; every artiste is inspired by somebody. I have learnt a lot from my father. I make sure that all my songs are raaga based. I then simplify them for the audience,'' he signs off.

Himesh Reshammiya

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Mumbai Top 30

Artist

Album
This Week
Last
Week
Peak
Pos.
Chand Sifarish Shaan & Kailash Kher Fanaa 1 7 1
Ya Ali (Remix) Zubeen & Dj Suketu Gangster 2 2 1
Aashiqui Meri
Himesh Reshammiya & Sunidhi Chauhan
36 China Town 3 1 1
Tu Hi Meri Shab Hain
KK
Gangster
4 3 3
Mere Haath Mein Sonu Nigam & Sunidhi Chauhan Fanaa 5 13 6
Dil Vich
Himesh Reshammiya
Chup Chup Ke
6 14 12
Dil Na Diya
Kunal Ganjawala
Krrish
7 11 10
Bheegi Bheegi
James Gangster
8 9 7
All Day All Night Himesh Reshammiya Phir Hera Pheri 9 10 3
Tere Sangh Ishq
Himesh Reshammiya & Tulsi Kumar
Tom,Dick & Harry
10 6 3
Pyar Ki Ek Kahani
Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal
Krrish
11 19 13
Jhoom Jhoom Himesh Reshammiya Tom,Dick & Harry 12 4 3
24*7,I Think Of You
Shaan & Sunidhi Chauhan 36 China Town
13 5 5
Tumse Yun Milenge Kunal Ganjawala Ankahee 14 7 6
Lamha Lamha
Abhijeet
Gangster
15 15 11
Janeman
Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal
Aryan
16 12 15
Tanha Jiya Na Jaaye Himesh Reshammiya Tom,Dick & Harry 17 New New
Teri Diwani Kailash Kher Kailasa 18 17 6
Ek Look Ek Look
Neha Bhasin & Anand Raaj Anand
Aryan
19 18 4
Paatshaala
Naresh Iyer & Mohammed Aslam
Rang De Basanti
20 20 1
Mehfuz Euphoria Mehfuz 21  23 22
Take Me to your Heart Shaan Tishnagi 22 22 21
Tum Saanson Mein (Remix) Himesh Reshammiya & Tulsi Kumar
Humko Deewana Kar Gaye
23 12 1
I Love You O Sayyoni Himesh Reshammiya
Tera Suroor
24 New 24
Ek Pal Ke Liye
KK
Ankahee
25 24 23
Roobaroo
Naresh Iyer & A.R Rehman
Rang De Basanti
26 25 1
Main Rahoon
Abhijeet
Lamahe
27 30 New
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
Shreya Ghoshal & Udit Narayan
Krrish 28 New 5
Meter Down Adnan Sami
Taxi No.9211
29 29 2
It's a Beautiful Day
Shreya Ghoshal & Hamza
Aryan
30 27 1

http://www.go925fm.com/top20.htm

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

hey   guys !!!Big smile

i was jus wonder .....if ILYOS video has been inspired by da historical epic Ramayana .Wink

jus think !!!

Himeshji as hanuman

the model as seeta ma !!

the male model as Ram-ji

the other guy - as Ravan !!

soo the stories goes dis way ......

Ram( male model) gives a locket ( or wateva it is ) to our dear Hanuman ( himeshji) ....then hanuman-ji flies( aa in his helicop) to seeta-ma .....there he sings a song to her!! ...then finds a kid & gives da locket to him & tell to show da locket & da sign to seeta-ma ......seeing tat she cums out !!!!

ok ok .now 4 sum reason our hanuman-ji is preety impressed wid seeta .....& kinda thinks of her saying :

"dil mein hai bas tu hi tu o jaane jana
tune kiya hai mujhko sabse begaana
meri duniya mein jabse tu aayi
meri nazron pe bas tu hi chhayi
miit gayi meri saari tanhaai bairiya ve
tujhpe hai sirf mera haqq
i love you o sayyoni .......

he then fights wid Ravan( 4 seeta ....ofcource) ......( in da original : hanuman-ji is set on fire ) here he jus hot wid a gun !!!Cry...sum how they manage to get out of there !!!...they fly ( in da helicop ...ofcourse) back to the " reshammiya" land ( which originaly is : INDIA ) ...then Hanuman-ji hands over seeta to Ram ...( full khurbani...in desi eshtyleLOL)....

then seeta gives da locket back to hanumanji soo tat he can remeber them ( i mean HERLOL)

as it is always said tat Hanuman-ji is cheeranjivi ( in sanskrit) i.e ' the one who never dies ' ....its da same here to Himeshji never dies !!!! ( & he will never also!!Wink )

aa abt da kid in da music shop !! ....( ok now i'm making up da story ) ...here it is the nxt nxt X100 times life !!

da kid is seeta n ram's grand ( X100) son ......himeshji ofcource is the 1 whonever dies !! ( soo lets say he is abt 131 hrs old ) but still look hot n crispy !! Embarrassed...he finds da kid ...see him listening to da song which he sang 4 seeta - very impressed by it ......goes upto him & gives da bullet!! ( ok here da kid knows wat all had happened before ...lets say his parents told him) ..seeing himeshji he is very stunned & when himeshji gives da bullet - kido is even more shocked & happy too !!

then @ da end himeshji  un-winds da locket thining of seeta  ....wid winding up da whole VideoWink

got it ??.....wat say ??Wink....ok now give me ur views on dis !!

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 29 May 2006 at 2:53pm
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
Jhoom Jhoom!

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

It's 'Jhoom Jhoom' time from the movie 'Tom, Dick and Harry', all over the country and once again the credit goes to Himesh Reshammiya and Sameer. From the first day of the song's premier on the small screen, they have gone full throttle with the song's publicity and there is not a single day since last fortnight when a viewer has not got a chance to see the 'men in black' dance to this groovy tune! With an amazing quality that fixes one to the screen and the couch, this song offers little scope to go wrong with the youngsters. At the risk of not sounding presumptuous, the song has the potential to turn into another 'Dhoom Machale' in just about a few more days. Akbar Sami's remix version goes a step extra by adding on some further zing to this already foot tapping score.
Source: TOI news paper

Himeshji did it again !!!ClapClap

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

hey guys !!

i was jus going thru sum astrology in yahoo !! ...i saw mine & was preety imressed to know most of it was true .......so wat cld my nxt step be ......found out Himeshji also !!.......& by reading i kinda felt it true ( to da extent of me know things abt him)

dis is wat it said :

Your Personality

Hi Himesh Reshammiya,

you are a Number  7 person!

You feel that you stand out from the crowd but can't figure out what sets you apart. Childhood shyness makes you very vulnerable. You choose friends with great care and rarely share secrets. You hesitate to show your sensual side. You are also a nave romantic dreamer. This makes you somewhat disorganised. You are also very emotional and expect a lot from your relationships.

You strive for freedom and success. You are smart and witty. You have an individualistic streak and distinct style. You feel restricted by routine and feel the need to lead the way. Take care however, that you don't lose your sense of balance.

You should have an even approach towards issues you feel strongly about. You must control your anger and learn to be more compassionate and understanding. Look at the larger picture and respect the other person's point of view.

You are an intellectual, capable of great insight. You are an introvert but you must take care not to get isolated from others. You have to try and maintain your independence without getting cut off from society.

You sometimes suffer from low self-esteem. As a result you severely criticise yourself and curb your potential. This further results in your isolation. You must find some creative outlet for your fertile imagination. Learn to value yourself.

You have a noble demeanour. You are keen to help others and improve their lot. Your calm faade belies your sensitive and vulnerable nature.

You are flexible and love challenges but tend to be impulsive. You are ingenious and witty. You have a multifaceted personality but you need to be more focused to succeed.

You are not easily swayed by others and are an imaginative thinker. You tend to follow a single line of thought at a time. You generally prevail in academic discussions.

http://www.astroyogi.com/yahoo/numerology/result.asp?call=1

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
hi guys was'away long weekend.....
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 4:51am | IP Logged

Hey all!

Ash - that was an interesting story line you gave for the video - kinda does make sense...except the words of ILYOS are based around "Obsession" isiliye it makes it difficult to follow the video......Confused

The astrology thing sounds pretty accurate about Himeshji.....Embarrassed

hey angie- how was ur weekend?

luv ya all,Big smile

Jem

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 30 May 2006 at 4:52am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Readers Speak :

Is Himesh Reshammiya a better music composer or singer?

"He is good at both, however his music has a slight edge over his voice."
Deshraj l 30 l Serviceman

"His singing style is quite unique and has fetched him tremendous popularity of late."
Deepak l 30 l Businessman

"Himesh rocks both as a singer and music composer. I think he is excellent in both the fields."
Aswini l 22 l Businessman

"Today every song he composes or sings is a hit proving he is good in both the spheres ."
Ashok l 30 l Lawyer

Source: TOI news paper
ppl r liking himeshji !!!!!!!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Go to top