Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 306)

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Celina7

oo btw jem di did u ever write 2 B4U music'z Just Request.. cuz they aired it... id ur name Jemma R.......

yep she did & its her , i didn't see tat but saw da song she requested 4 " naam hai tera " obvi !!!!Embarrassed

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
yea i was like wow dat name soundz so freakin familiar!!!! lol
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
y iznt my dumb siggy showing!!!??? Angry
newayz dat really sux ash.. school startz on june 5th yuck man... datz supposed 2 b da last day 4 ppl here.. mine was 2 weekz earlier than usual since i was a senior..OMG i feel so xcited but am really tired cuz i got up @ 4 2 get ready 4 graduation n do get my hair done ( which is like 80 million ft long lol)...heh i got highlightz my hair is dark brown n i got light golden brown (kinda look reddish brown lol but look ok)... mayb i will get better 1z 4 my INDIA trip Big smile so im gonna go take a nap now
but plz do give me ideaz bout wht i shud do in future...in college
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

ya agree wid U - but as i'm a very studious person - i'm quite Ok wid it Smile

i had my vacation all these days - now time 4 sum really hard work !!

but still its sad - i'll have more pressure !!! ....aaaaaa i'm not liking it now CryCry.......

jus hopeing my bhagwaan helps me wid all of disWink

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 27 May 2006 at 1:32pm
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
'I don't believe in talent!'
NATASHA CHOPRA
[ Saturday, May 27, 2006 07:55:17 pmTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

Quotable quotes from a hit-song-a-day Himesh Reshammiya

People can say what they want but Himesh Reshammiya sells. And, that according to the guy, is the only thing that matters. While talent is but a word, there are weightier matters that Himesh thinks led to his success.

"I don't believe in talent, I believe in God and destiny. I am not denying the existence of talent, but I feel success is a result of destiny and divine intervention. I also strongly believe in karma. One should not think bad of others, but simply immerse himself in his work and walk his path," is his no-holds-barred take on life.

This is how he discounts what the critics say too. "Veterans like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan used to sing at such a high-pitched voice. I sing at a high-pitch too and that's why I sound so different. How could the critics label this as a 'nasal' voice?" is Himesh's indignant question. How, indeed!

But critics aside, Himesh is a brand name today. His hatke music is all the rage. But what took him so long to start singing? "People always encouraged me to sing. But it was only during Aashiq Banaya Aapne though, that it happened.

I was looking for a fresh voice, but was unable to find a suitable one. Director Aditya Dutt heard me sing and asked me to do the honours instead," he reveals.

And then came his 'look'. "I was supposed to do the video for Aashiq Banaya Aapne. I asked an old friend to direct it, and he designed my look with the cap and stubble. It has been a conscious look, which worked. And that is all that matters," points out the singer.

That's how he makes his music too — songs that work. "My biggest inspirations have been Laxmikant Pyarelal and R D Burman. My music is a combination of both their music, but in a contemporary form. No one is an original composer; every artiste is inspired by somebody. I have learnt a lot from my father. I make sure that all my songs are raaga based. I then simplify them for the audience," he signs off

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 da article!
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

hey guyz i wanna introduze aishu AKA aishu himesh reshammiya lol

shez 1 of us deewanizEmbarrassed

Edited by Celina7 - 27 May 2006 at 2:34pm
badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 2:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Celina7

hey u guyz wht do u think i shud do after high school? im an honorz student but still luv glamour stuff lol im not nerdy tho... just not stupid hey mayb i shud post picz after i get em k n then u can see me in my cap n gown Big smile

Hi Celina - Congratulations - what kind help do you want in finding out what you need to do in the future?

Go to top