Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 303)

HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Yeh Kashmir Hai

Posted online: Friday, May 26, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

Kashmir has just opened up for tourism and my family and I were amongst the first batch to enjoy the hospitality of a state for a long time shrouded in controversies. Kashmir has just opened up for tourism and my family and I were amongst the first batch to enjoy the hospitality of a state for a long time shrouded in controversies. From the time we land at the Srinagar airport, my mind buzzes with the songs and scenes picturised in this gorgeous location that I grew up watching. For decades, Kashmir has remained the dream destination of movie moghuls to shoot romantic song sequences. After all these years, who can forget the cheerful 'yeh chand sa roshan chehra ... 'from Kashmir Ki Kali, the boisterous 'chaahe koi mujhe....' from Junglee or the melodious title track of Kabhi Kabhie . As we drive past the narrow slopes, I admire the tall lush trees and the water fountains on the simmering lake. In so many films, the cinematographers have captured the sultry sun setting behind the mountains. A hush falls on everyone as we soak in the ambience. It is late evening and the skyline has transformed to mauve pink. In my mind is playing Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Bemisaal song 'ye Kashmir hain ....' For that perfect feeling, I ask the driver if he has some local music. "Zaroor memsaab", he says and puts on 'zara jhoom jhoom ....'of Himesh Reshammiya.
 </>
Next morning, to relish the sunrise we wrap ourselves in shawls and sit outside in the boat verandah. Our caretaker dressed in traditional Kashmiri clothes waves out affectionately from the adjoining houseboat. Moments later, he arrives with a basket of fresh flowers and steaming kava chai. "Salaam valekum", he says offering us the delicious beverage. Outside, a man gently rows a boat... It's a perfect morning and as time ticks by, stray vendors drop by to sell us saffron, gems and walnuts. Unrevealing to guests, the vendors carry audio system stuffed in their jacket pockets. The volume is almost inaudible but if one tries to concentrate, one can recognise the voice and the tune. It is 'tera tera suroor ...' by Himesh Reshammiya again. Our guide has reserved four days for sight seeing. The first day is a four-hour shikara ride all over the Dal lake. Our boatman Bilal who can play a double to actor Jimmy Shergill travels us to the spots where the tele-serial Gul Gulshan Gulfaam was shot and also to the dilapidated houseboat where Hrithik Roshan shot the climax of Mission Kashmir. Stopping at Nehru Gardens, he tells us that almost all Hindi films from Dil Deke Dekho to Baseraa feature some shots of these gardens. 'Remember the famous song 'achcha to hum chalte hain ...' picturised on Rajesh Khanna and Asha Parekh in Aan Milo Sajna'? he asks... We do but at the moment are too engrossed by the floating lotuses around us to respond. As the shikara quietly floats out of the green tunnel stroked by the water shrubs, we return to the shore. The streetlights have come up and so have the twinkling bulbs decorating the houseboats parked in a row. Kashmir is indeed a paradise on earth. Unknowingly we hum 'Neela aasman so gaya' ...from Silsila and remember the gorgeous Rekha walking into moonlight. Breaking our reverie the boatman asks "Madam, music chahiye?" We nod unprepared for the 'A...a...ashiqui mein teri ...' from the recently released 36 China Town by who else but Himesh Reshammiya again. At Pahalgam the guide takes us to the temple perched on top of a hill where Mani Ratnam shot Roja. He reveals that the film was shot in difficult times but is remembered for its unforgettable music. We ask him if he could play some of its songs for us. "Let me check my bag" he says and springs up 'jhalak dikhla ja....' No guesses for who sung the song. Himesh Reshammiya in Aksar. At Sonmarg we witness the snow melting mountains. For a better view we take a horse ride to the top but prior to that we need adequate apparels. We stop a a warm clothing shop where the salesman expertly drapes us in fur coats, long boots and caps. Helped on the saddle by the ghodawala I feel like as if I'm reliving Nanda's role in Jab Jab Phool Khile. The only difference being that my ghodawala is no Shashi Kapoor and does not sing 'ek tha gul aur ek thi bulbul ...' Instead he plays 'Aashiq banaya apne...' from the same title film. In Gulmarg we were overawed by the colourful flowers in the Maharani Gardens. The greenery is overwhelming and as we walk through the various landscapes I recall images of Vinod Khanna and Simi Garewal strolling and singing 'vaada karle saajna ....' in Haath Ki Safai. At the end of the long holiday when it is time to leave we are still reeling from the mesmeric Kashmir. Long after I've boarded the flight I'm hounded by the valleys, the water lilies and the seductive skyline. But most important, by a new phenomenon called Himesh Reshammiya. It's a miracle how the music director has reached out in the remotest places in a such a short time. At the end of the experience I'm forced to sing 'humko diwana kar gaye...Himeshbhai.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=12662

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 27 May 2006 at 1:18am

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Dino, Celina, Koena in 'Anamika – The Untold Story'
By Taran Adarsh, May 26, 2006 - 09:00 IST
 After AKSAR, director Ananth Narayan Mahadevan's next will be ANAMIKA – THE UNTOLD STORY, to be produced by Bhanwar Lal Sharma and Ramesh S. Shah under the banner of Shree Salasar Balaji Media Entertainment. Dino Morea, Celina Jaitley, Koena Mitra, Gulshan Grover and Mahesh Gaurr head the cast. Himesh Reshammiya will score the music.

Written by Anand Vardhan, the film will have cinematography by K. Rajkumar, art direction by Gayatri Marwah and production designing by Dharam Oberoi. The film will go on the floors with start-to-finish shooting in Rajasthan.
http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/05/26/7181/

hmm...another movie in Himeshji's kitty !!!!

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:30am | IP Logged

hey all Hug

I gave my last last last exam yday - wow it feels so good to say last exam Tongue fingers crossed it went well.....so now all I have left are 2 projects to work on - which means i can still be online Big smile

Ash thanks for posting all the articles!!!

Guys - I was thinking we cld have lil competitions each week here - to test our knowledge on how well we know Himeshji...lemme know what u think of the idea Wink

Badi sis - I will PM you today!!! Smile

Angie - pls post the link to the articles you have just posted....

& Himeshji's gallery will be updated this week - got some more pics to add - so as soon as i have more time i shall do that.

Celina kaha hai - we can have party here now!!!

Love u all,

Jem di Hug

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:39am | IP Logged

hey di ...Hug

i was worried all day since i didn't see U y/day & today - thank god u came online

so di it went well na - i prayed 4 so tats why its all well n gud over there( i've got gud connections wid god - u seeLOL)WinkWink

abt da idea - its awesome - i'm ready Big smile

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:09am | IP Logged

Hug ya yday was first ever day i cldn't post here CryCryCry

thanks sis - the connection sounds good TongueWink

gr8 lets see what the others say about the idea Big smile

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged

'Being' to feature music director and singer Himesh Reshmmiya

The latest singing sensation of India - HIMESH RESHAMMIYA
on BEING Saturday, April 27 at 8:30 pm Sundays at 3:30 pm

Mention the name Himesh Reshammiya and the first impression would be: a brash 32 year old music director who has made a trademark of his nasal voice. 27 hits later, this is a man who aspires to be a rockstar - and dresses for the job with his jeans and baseball cap ensemble. But whatever his detractors may say,

Himesh Reshammiya has not just arrived - he is the music industry's man of the moment. And the man everybody has an opinion on. Probe deeper and he says his arrogance is actually a kind of shyness and an eagerness to defend his work. The trivia about his 19-hour workdays and 1000 tune stockpile reveals a burning ambition to succeed. He says, "I can't rely on my past glory or brand name and I want to prove that Tere Naam and Aashiq Banaya Aapne are my worst compositions."

The catchy foot-stomping club hits that have made his unconventional voice something of a convention contain sad lyrics that invariably talks about lost love and longing. Himesh says, "I like composing love songs because everybody has been in love. I am only a music composer for the romantics." But behind the duality of songs of longing set to club beats is a man who has bridged the class and mass divide. Even though he thinks that by bowing down to commercial constraints he has become corrupt.

Catch Anuradha SenGupta as she probes beyond the myths surrounding this singer and the musician in Being Himesh Reshammiya at these times on CNN IBN.

BEING showcases all celebrities from various walks of life -Sports, Politics, Films, Art and Business, too. In this half hour programme,, CNN-IBN will get under their skin and walk in their shoes to taste what its really like BEING.....And whether its worth it. Keeping them company through the ups and downs of that trip is Anuradha SenGupta.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/release/y2k6/may/mayrel61.ht m
badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 7:11am | IP Logged

Hello Sisters, good day to you where ever you are - a bright and sunny morning here in Canada....Smile

Jem sis, glad to see you back in full swing.  Hope everything went great for you at your exams...... will lookforward to your p.m.Hug

Ash, Ange, Celina and all - hope you are doing great.  Hug

Hey, I am game for any fun stuff - so count me in - but I doubt whether I know much about HR - I know I cant beat Jem's and Ash but ---hey, I am ready to have fun.  LETS ALL PARTY.Clown

Yes, I want to see more and more of HR's pictures, so please do post them.  Hey, this guy is looking better and better by the minute.Embarrassed

lots of love to all

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 7:16am | IP Logged

hey badi Big smile

good moring to u ...( actually its evening here, 6:50 pm LOL)

i'm doing very well - how r U??

Hey, this guy is looking better and better by the minute.Embarrassed 

i agree wid u on dis

Go to top