Music Corner

India-Forums

Music Corner
Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) (Page 302)

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Phir Hera Pheri

Banner: Base Industries Group
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Sunil Shetty, Paresh Rawal, Bipasha Basu, Rimi Sen, Johny Lever, Shakti Kapoor
Direction: Neeraj Vora
Music: Himesh Reshammiya, Sameer

Music Review

Phir Hera Pheri - Can be heard for a few days
By Aelina, IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 22, 2006]
As a guest composer, Himesh Reshammiya came up with a superhit title song for Akshay Kumar in his last release 'Humko Deewana Kar Gaye'. It appears as if it was just a trailer as now he arrives as a full fledged composer for Akshay's upcoming film 'Phir Hera Pheri'. Would he, lyricist Sameer and remix maestro DJ Akbar Sami combine to come up with yet another super successful score for this Neeraj Vohra directed sequel of 'Hera Pheri'? Let's hear on the album to find it out!

1) Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri (Original and remix) [Himesh Reshammiya]

The album begins on a good note with 'Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri', a song that goes with the cool image of Akshay Kumar. Reshammiya gives both his composition and singing style an edge by making the number sound more urban and contemporary while changing the tone of his voice too. There is a certain squeaky feel to the entire number that goes well with the hip-hop rhythm of the song. Featuring Rimmi Sen as the center of attraction, this Reshammiya solo has Akshay gyrating to the beats in a cool dude manner. Rimmi too looks sensational by coming with a variety of pouts while bearing an uncanny resemblance to Bipasha, the other Bengali beauty in the film. As expected, DJ Akbar Sami version is further racy that never allows you to keep your feet from moving. Overall a positive beginning to the album.

2) Ae Meri Zohrajabeen (Original and remix) [Himesh Reshammiya]

One of the most awaited songs of the film; one keenly looks forward to the promotional music video of 'Ae Meri Zohrajabeen' that is touted to feature the entire starcast of the film. No, as the title may suggest, 'Ae Meri Zohrajabeen' is not the remix version of the yesteryear hit from 'Waqt'. Instead it is a fresh new song written by Sameer that is sung in a full throated manner by Reshammiya. A rocking number that sets the tempo rolling from the very first note, it is racy, zingy and typically Reshammiya. One can comfortably call the song to be belonging to Himesh Reshammiya school of composing'n'singing and DJ Akbar Sami school of remixing! A sure shot chartbuster number that should be highly appealing to all those who have loved Reshammiya songs during last one year.

3) Dil Nayyiyo Maane Re (Original and remix) [Himesh Reshammiya, Tulsi Kumar]

For the first time in the album, a female voice is heard in the form of Tulsi Kumar. The young girl has been primarily getting recognition with her duets with Reshammiya and she gets an opportunity to gain it further on with 'Dil Nayyiyo Maane Re' that belongs to an instant coffee variety. Reshammiya doesn't attempt to break any new grounds with either his composition style or singing and that in fact works very well with the listeners. Hear the song, enjoy it and get the mood livened up further on with Akbar Sami's remix version.

4) Phir Hera Pheri (Original and remix) [Sonu Nigam, Shaan and Rakesh Upadhyay]

Finally some other singer apart from Reshammiya gets a chance to sing a song! And this time the entire male force comes into action as Sonu Nigam, Shaan and Rakesh Upadhyay share credits for the title song 'Phir Hera Pheri'. A fun sitational number in which the trio of Raju, Shyam and Baburao cherish an Indian rupee more than a dollar, pound or a yen, it has been shot at foreign locations with bevy of beauties all around them. A fast paced number, it is the first song in the album that deviates from a style that Reshammiya has been so famous for!

5) Dil De Diya (Original and remix) [Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan]

After 'Dil Na Diya' [Krrish], it's time to give your heart away with 'Dil De Diya'. A dance floor number where Bipasha sizzles with Akshay Kumar in tow, it is a 'masala' number that suits the on-screen temptress image of the lady. A fast moving number that is yet another song which is different from what Reshammiya composes today, 'Dil De Diya' has both Kunal Ganjawala and Sunidhi Chauhan letting their hair down and enjoying every bit of this eye-candy number. No wonder the Akbar Sami version builds up hear further on and creates much more excitement in the proceedings due to the spiced up musical arrangements. From 'Rockstar' [Humko Deewana Kar Gaye] to 'Di De Diya' [Phir Hera Pheri], the 'silsila' of foot tapping Akshay-Bipasha songs continues!

6) Pyaar Ki Chatni (Original and remix) [Sunidhi Chauhan]

The worst is left for the end as Sunidhi Chauhan sings perhaps one of the worst songs of her career in the form of 'Pyaar Ki Chatni'. Though the setting seems to be somewhat similar to Kashmira Shah item song [Chalka Chalka] in 'Aankhen', it is hardly a number that would excite anyone part from the front benchers. Reason? It is downright vulgar and you don't really have to read between the words to understand the meaning; it's all so very straight forward! A nautanki/bar number where Dia Mirza tries to hog some limelight in a guest appearance, 'Pyaar Ki Chatni' is Indian in look and feel but overall so very uncharacteristic of Reshammiya. Akbar Sami tries to do his bit to extend the song's reach but this situational hardly stands a chance to make any impression.

Those who have been accusing Reshammiya of repeating himself may have something to cheer about as the composer/singer changes his approach for at least half the album. The album is fine but listeners now have very high expectations from a Himesh Reshammiya score. Now one looks forward to the next keenly awaited album from him i.e. 'Chup Chup Ke'. Till then have some fun for at least a few days with 'Phir Hera Pheri'.

Phir Hera Pheri' Events Coverage
'Phir Hera Pheri' Press Meet - [Updated on 2, May, 2006]

'

badi Senior Member
badi
badi

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the articles Ange Clap
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
thanx! Embarrassed Clap
HR ki sayyonni IF-Dazzler
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:06am | IP Logged

'Chand sifarish' tops the charts

New Delhi: Most songs hold their position in the top 10 Hindi melodies of the week, except for "Pyaar ki ek kahani" from "Krrish" that has climbed to number four from 10 and "Mundya aa bhi jaa" from "Shaadi Se Pehle" that has slipped to the bottom of the list.

The top 10 Hindi songs are:

1. "Chand sifarish" - Film: "Fanaa"; Singers: Shaan and Kailash Kher; Music: Jatin-Lalit. A mixture of Arabic and Indian music, the enchanting song has entrenched itself on the charts and enjoys top ranking.

2. "Ya Ali" - Film: "Gangster - A Love Story"; Singer: Zubeen; Music: Pritam. Music lovers have lapped up this Sufi song.

3. "Aashiqui meri" - Film: "36 China Town"; Singers: Himesh Reshammiya, Sunidhi Chauhan; Music: Himesh Reshammiya. Demand for this seductive number has soared since the film hit the screens.

4. "Pyaar ki ek kahani" - Film: "Krrish"; Singers: Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal; Music: Rajesh Roshan. The romantic number rendered beautifully by the two talented artistes has been lying low for some time, but is steadily moving up the charts and might reach the top.

5. "Jhoom jhoom" - Film: "Tom Dick And Harry"; Singer: Himesh Reshammiya; Music: Himesh Reshammiya. People are still crazy about Reshammiya and this feel-good song crooned by him is going places.

6 "Fanah" - Film: "Humko Deewana Kar Gaye"; Singers: Sonu Nigam, Tulsi Kumar; Music: Anu Malik. The song's popularity has surprised music enthusiasts.

7 "It's a beautiful day" - Film: "Aryan"; Singers: Shreya Ghoshal and Hamza; Music: Anand Raj Anand. A sentimental romantic song for lovebirds!

8. "Roobaroo" - Film: "Rang De Basanti"; Singers: A.R. Rahman and Naresh Iyer; Music: A.R. Rahman. The Indi-pop composition is making waves.

9. "Right here right now" - Film: "Bluffmaster"; Singers: Abhishek Bachchan and Sunidhi Chauhan; Music: Vishal-Shekhar. Its popularity has slipped with other newer numbers making the grade, but this still finds place on the charts.

10. "Mundya aa bhi jaa" - Film: "Shaadi Se Pehle"; Singer: Sunidhi Chauhan; Music: Himesh Reshammiya. A foot-tapping naughty number just for time pass!

http://www.newkerala.com/news3.php?action=fullnews&id=11 64

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Yeh Kashmir Hai

Posted online: Friday, May 26, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

Kashmir has just opened up for tourism and my family and I were amongst the first batch to enjoy the hospitality of a state for a long time shrouded in controversies. Kashmir has just opened up for tourism and my family and I were amongst the first batch to enjoy the hospitality of a state for a long time shrouded in controversies. From the time we land at the Srinagar airport, my mind buzzes with the songs and scenes picturised in this gorgeous location that I grew up watching. For decades, Kashmir has remained the dream destination of movie moghuls to shoot romantic song sequences. After all these years, who can forget the cheerful 'yeh chand sa roshan chehra ... 'from Kashmir Ki Kali, the boisterous 'chaahe koi mujhe....' from Junglee or the melodious title track of Kabhi Kabhie . As we drive past the narrow slopes, I admire the tall lush trees and the water fountains on the simmering lake. In so many films, the cinematographers have captured the sultry sun setting behind the mountains. A hush falls on everyone as we soak in the ambience. It is late evening and the skyline has transformed to mauve pink. In my mind is playing Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Bemisaal song 'ye Kashmir hain ....' For that perfect feeling, I ask the driver if he has some local music. "Zaroor memsaab", he says and puts on 'zara jhoom jhoom ....'of Himesh Reshammiya.
 </>
Next morning, to relish the sunrise we wrap ourselves in shawls and sit outside in the boat verandah. Our caretaker dressed in traditional Kashmiri clothes waves out affectionately from the adjoining houseboat. Moments later, he arrives with a basket of fresh flowers and steaming kava chai. "Salaam valekum", he says offering us the delicious beverage. Outside, a man gently rows a boat... It's a perfect morning and as time ticks by, stray vendors drop by to sell us saffron, gems and walnuts. Unrevealing to guests, the vendors carry audio system stuffed in their jacket pockets. The volume is almost inaudible but if one tries to concentrate, one can recognise the voice and the tune. It is 'tera tera suroor ...' by Himesh Reshammiya again. Our guide has reserved four days for sight seeing. The first day is a four-hour shikara ride all over the Dal lake. Our boatman Bilal who can play a double to actor Jimmy Shergill travels us to the spots where the tele-serial Gul Gulshan Gulfaam was shot and also to the dilapidated houseboat where Hrithik Roshan shot the climax of Mission Kashmir. Stopping at Nehru Gardens, he tells us that almost all Hindi films from Dil Deke Dekho to Baseraa feature some shots of these gardens. 'Remember the famous song 'achcha to hum chalte hain ...' picturised on Rajesh Khanna and Asha Parekh in Aan Milo Sajna'? he asks... We do but at the moment are too engrossed by the floating lotuses around us to respond. As the shikara quietly floats out of the green tunnel stroked by the water shrubs, we return to the shore. The streetlights have come up and so have the twinkling bulbs decorating the houseboats parked in a row. Kashmir is indeed a paradise on earth. Unknowingly we hum 'Neela aasman so gaya' ...from Silsila and remember the gorgeous Rekha walking into moonlight. Breaking our reverie the boatman asks "Madam, music chahiye?" We nod unprepared for the 'A...a...ashiqui mein teri ...' from the recently released 36 China Town by who else but Himesh Reshammiya again. At Pahalgam the guide takes us to the temple perched on top of a hill where Mani Ratnam shot Roja. He reveals that the film was shot in difficult times but is remembered for its unforgettable music. We ask him if he could play some of its songs for us. "Let me check my bag" he says and springs up 'jhalak dikhla ja....' No guesses for who sung the song. Himesh Reshammiya in Aksar. At Sonmarg we witness the snow melting mountains. For a better view we take a horse ride to the top but prior to that we need adequate apparels. We stop a a warm clothing shop where the salesman expertly drapes us in fur coats, long boots and caps. Helped on the saddle by the ghodawala I feel like as if I'm reliving Nanda's role in Jab Jab Phool Khile. The only difference being that my ghodawala is no Shashi Kapoor and does not sing 'ek tha gul aur ek thi bulbul ...' Instead he plays 'Aashiq banaya apne...' from the same title film. In Gulmarg we were overawed by the colourful flowers in the Maharani Gardens. The greenery is overwhelming and as we walk through the various landscapes I recall images of Vinod Khanna and Simi Garewal strolling and singing 'vaada karle saajna ....' in Haath Ki Safai. At the end of the long holiday when it is time to leave we are still reeling from the mesmeric Kashmir. Long after I've boarded the flight I'm hounded by the valleys, the water lilies and the seductive skyline. But most important, by a new phenomenon called Himesh Reshammiya. It's a miracle how the music director has reached out in the remotest places in a such a short time. At the end of the experience I'm forced to sing 'humko diwana kar gaye...Himeshbhai.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=12662

Edited by HR ki sayyonni - 27 May 2006 at 1:18am
HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Dino, Celina, Koena in 'Anamika – The Untold Story'
By Taran Adarsh, May 26, 2006 - 09:00 IST
 After AKSAR, director Ananth Narayan Mahadevan's next will be ANAMIKA – THE UNTOLD STORY, to be produced by Bhanwar Lal Sharma and Ramesh S. Shah under the banner of Shree Salasar Balaji Media Entertainment. Dino Morea, Celina Jaitley, Koena Mitra, Gulshan Grover and Mahesh Gaurr head the cast. Himesh Reshammiya will score the music.

Written by Anand Vardhan, the film will have cinematography by K. Rajkumar, art direction by Gayatri Marwah and production designing by Dharam Oberoi. The film will go on the floors with start-to-finish shooting in Rajasthan.
http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/05/26/7181/

hmm...another movie in Himeshji's kitty !!!!

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:30am | IP Logged

hey all Hug

I gave my last last last exam yday - wow it feels so good to say last exam Tongue fingers crossed it went well.....so now all I have left are 2 projects to work on - which means i can still be online Big smile

Ash thanks for posting all the articles!!!

Guys - I was thinking we cld have lil competitions each week here - to test our knowledge on how well we know Himeshji...lemme know what u think of the idea Wink

Badi sis - I will PM you today!!! Smile

Angie - pls post the link to the articles you have just posted....

& Himeshji's gallery will be updated this week - got some more pics to add - so as soon as i have more time i shall do that.

Celina kaha hai - we can have party here now!!!

Love u all,

Jem di Hug

HR ki sayyonni
HR ki sayyonni

Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:39am | IP Logged

hey di ...Hug

i was worried all day since i didn't see U y/day & today - thank god u came online

so di it went well na - i prayed 4 so tats why its all well n gud over there( i've got gud connections wid god - u seeLOL)WinkWink

abt da idea - its awesome - i'm ready Big smile

Go to top